4. Running back play/talent
5. QB play/development
6. Penalties/overall team discipline
7. Elite difference makers on D

Biggest Strengths:
1. Defense across the board. Solid to good on all levels with adequate depth
2. Playmaker QB
3. Playmaker receivers

I am as frustrated as anyone with Frost but I wanted to articulate my opinions on what our strengths and weaknesses are and what I think is the best case scenario for NU going forward.

We need to keep Frost, fire Austin, fire Verduzco, hire a full time ST coach and hire a proven Offensive Coordinator that can work with the talent we have and create a Scheme that will work in the BIG west. That includes recruiting BIG running backs.

We have a little bit of talent and depth building across the board and some continuity on defense for the first time in many years.

If we can Frost now we have to start all over again and that might set us another 3,4,5 years. We finally have something to build on.

I know those are a lot of things to change and fix and many think Frost is too stubborn to make the necessary changes. If he can't, Trev needs to put his feet to the fire.

If Frost refuses, well then we need to find a new head coach, because the current make up of our team, staff, schemes, personnel and culture isn't going to get it done.

We will find ourselves trying to scratch for a bowl game every year while usually falling short.

That's just my two cents, but there is a path to success if Frost can nut up and make some big boy Head Coach decisions.

Now let's go out and beat Northwestern by 4
TDs and try like hell to get to 6 wins.

Reactions: Redinwashington
Biggest Problems:
1. Special teams
2. Offensive scheme/consistency
3. Offensive line play/technique
4. Running back play/talent
5. QB play/development
6. Penalties/overall team discipline
7. Elite difference makers on D

Biggest Strengths:
1. Defense across the board. Solid to good on all levels with adequate depth
2. Playmaker QB
3. Playmaker receivers

I am as frustrated as anyone with Frost but I wanted to articulate my opinions on what our strengths and weaknesses are and what I think is the best case scenario for NU going forward.

We need to keep Frost, fire Austin, fire Verduzco, hire a full time ST coach and hire a proven Offensive Coordinator that can work with the talent we have and create a Scheme that will work in the BIG west. That includes recruiting BIG running backs.

We have a little bit of talent and depth building across the board and some continuity on defense for the first time in many years.

If we can Frost now we have to start all over again and that might set us another 3,4,5 years. We finally have something to build on.

I know those are a lot of things to change and fix and many think Frost is too stubborn to make the necessary changes. If he can't, Trev needs to put his feet to the fire.

If Frost refuses, well then we need to find a new head coach, because the current make up of our team, staff, schemes, personnel and culture isn't going to get it done.

We will find ourselves trying to scratch for a bowl game every year while usually falling short.

That's just my two cents, but there is a path to success if Frost can nut up and make some big boy Head Coach decisions.

Now let's go out and beat Northwestern by 4
TDs and try like hell to get to 6 wins.
Tell Frost that. Not so sure he'd be willing to do what it'd take to keep his job

I'm not sure we need a "full time" special teams coach. Maybe we do. I would think it would be more like 50/50 with another position with that 50% being helping not sole at both.

Most of our special teams issues are easy fixes. Block someone on returns ( which we don't) put the meanset, fastest, baddest sobs on coverage AND make sure they stay in their lanes.

EVERY kickoff needs to be in the end zone. Punting is a matter of repetition as well as FG and XP

Didn't read the op. But as far as now what goes, beat Northwestern.

Reactions: maly
Frost will not do what you described, OP. His ego is too big for it.
Beat me to it. His ego will not give up play calling. He wants to be like TO and call plays but he’s not even in the same universe. If he is smart he should go into CEO mode, get assistants he trust, and let them do their jobs. That would be the smart move.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT