ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska finally catching a break in Conference schedules

Over the next eight years (2018-2025), Nebraska will see these teams from the East:
  • Michigan (6 games — 3 at home, 3 on the road)
  • Ohio State (5 games — 3 at home, 2 on the road)
  • Indiana (3 games — 2 at home, 1 on the road)
  • Michigan State (3 games — 1 at home, 2 on the road)
  • Rutgers (3 games — 1 at home, 2 on the road)
  • Penn State (2 games — 1 at home, 1 on the road)
  • Maryland (2 games — 1 at home, 1 on the road)
What happens after Oklahoma and Kansas join the conference in 2026 is anybody's guess.

Over the next eight years (2018-2025), Iowa will see these teams from the East:
  • Michigan (3 games — 1 at home, 2 on the road)
  • Ohio State (3 games — 1 at home, 2 on the road)
  • Indiana (3 games — 1 at home, 2 on the road)
  • Michigan State (2 games — 2 at home, 0 on the road)
  • Rutgers (5 games — 3 at home, 2 on the road)
  • Penn State (5 games — 2 at home, 3 on the road)
  • Maryland (3 games — 2 at home, 1 on the road)

BIG TEN protected crossovers 2022-2027:

Nebraska - Michigan
Wisconsin - OSU
Iowa - Rutgers?????

giphy.gif

Over the next eight years (2018-2025), Nebraska will see these teams from the East:
  • Michigan (6 games — 3 at home, 3 on the road)
  • Ohio State (5 games — 3 at home, 2 on the road)
  • Indiana (3 games — 2 at home, 1 on the road)
  • Michigan State (3 games — 1 at home, 2 on the road)
  • Rutgers (3 games — 1 at home, 2 on the road)
  • Penn State (2 games — 1 at home, 1 on the road)
  • Maryland (2 games — 1 at home, 1 on the road)
What happens after Oklahoma and Kansas join the conference in 2026 is anybody's guess.
you were right about Oklahoma but way off the mark with Kansas. I know who the other team is, and it isn't the Jayhawks.

Projecting out and can’t say for sure how good they’ll be. But based on historically good programs....2024 is ridiculous as a whole and has maybe the hardest 3 game stretch I’ve ever seen

Last edited:
Reactions: TwinsRRUs
2021 is my favorite schedule in the next 8 years.

Away
at Oklahoma
at Michigan State

Home
Northwestern
Ohio State
Michigan
Wisconsin
Iowa

Reactions: TwinsRRUs
We are Nebraska. We will play anyone anywhere and we won’t have any bitchy whining about it.

When you’re schedule dictates that you could be a top 20 team and barely be bowl eligible, that kinda sucks. Not complaining about who we play, just the allocation of tough games per year and tough road games per year. Balance it out. The 2022 home schedule is a real snoozer. Bring Wisoncon, Iowa or penn state to Lincoln that year. Hell I’d take Michigan state. Or how about we get Iowa and Wisconsin off the same home/away rotation. That would be a huge help to balancing difficulty and interesting home games.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
2024 Iowa plays Rutgers, Maryland and Indiana
2024 Nebraska plays Michigan, tOSU and Penn ST.

Unbelievable who ever makes these conference schedule’s up...

Random my butt!
2022 Iowa- Rutgers , Michigan, OSU
Nebraska - Rutgers, Indiana, Michigan

2023 Iowa - Rutgers, MSU, Penn State
Nebraska - Michigan, Michigan State, Maryland

2025 Iowa - Rutgers, Ohio State, Michigan
Nebraska - Michigan, Indiana, Rutgers.

I’d say 2023 is a wash. 2022 and 2025 Iowa has the more difficult crossovers. 2024 Nebraska does.

To add to it. IMO, Iowa has the tougher crossovers in 2019 and 2020 as well. 2021 is Nebraska.

2022 Iowa- Rutgers , Michigan, OSU
Nebraska - Rutgers, Indiana, Michigan

2023 Iowa - Rutgers, MSU, Penn State
Nebraska - Michigan, Michigan State, Maryland

2025 Iowa - Rutgers, Ohio State, Michigan
Nebraska - Michigan, Indiana, Rutgers.

I’d say 2023 is a wash. 2022 and 2025 Iowa has the more difficult crossovers. 2024 Nebraska does.

To add to it. IMO, Iowa has the tougher crossovers in 2019 and 2020 as well. 2021 is Nebraska.

Not ever do we get Rutgers Maryland and Indiana, Not Ever..

Reactions: saluno22
And the only time you don’t play Rutgers is 2020 .I’d say our 2024 is tougher than Iowa’s 2020...
When you factor in home and away you’re right. But I’d still pry trade schedules. One year of having it easy doesn’t justify it for me. Who knows what the future holds for those crossover schools.

When you factor in home and away you’re right. But I’d still pry trade schedules. One year of having it easy doesn’t justify it for me. Who knows what the future holds for those crossover schools.

I just don’t see Rutgers, Indiana, or Maryland ever finishing better than 3rd in the East...MSU, Michigan will go back and forth and Penn St has their program as one of the top teams in the B1G..

Reactions: SWIowahawks
You are outraged by what appears to be an easy schedule against cross over schools for IA 6 years from now? That is telling about that state of your program or your psyche?

Projecting out and can’t say for sure how good they’ll be. But based on historically good programs....2024 is ridiculous as a whole and has maybe the hardest 3 game stretch I’ve ever seen
The good thing is Frost should have the B1G RED clicking on all cylinders by then. The 1995 schedule is part of the reason that team has gone down in history as one of the best.

Reactions: saluno22
We can’t have it both ways. There has been a fair amount of observation up here about how it’s not necessarily good for the program being “delegated” to the West.

So we get a great crossover in terms of exposure and now there’s concern over the schedule.

Bottom line, this program needs to win some games. In division, crossover, whatever.

I just don’t see Rutgers, Indiana, or Maryland ever finishing better than 3rd in the East...MSU, Michigan will go back and forth and Penn St has their program as one of the top teams in the B1G..
Definitely two tiers. I’ve been waiting for Maryland to take a step up with their recent recruiting classes and resources. Time will tell there though.

you were right about Oklahoma but way off the mark with Kansas. I know who the other team is, and it isn't the Jayhawks.
You just as well tell us who it is since you already confirmed OU, which is confidential information.

When you’re schedule dictates that you could be a top 20 team and barely be bowl eligible, that kinda sucks. Not complaining about who we play, just the allocation of tough games per year and tough road games per year. Balance it out. The 2022 home schedule is a real snoozer. Bring Wisoncon, Iowa or penn state to Lincoln that year. Hell I’d take Michigan state. Or how about we get Iowa and Wisconsin off the same home/away rotation. That would be a huge help to balancing difficulty and interesting home games.
This. There are a lot of factors each season in scheduling. Iowa and Nebraska have the same downfall every other year. Playing each other, NW, And Wisconsin all on the road or all at home. I understand NW is basically a home game for each team but they are gonna remain pretty good.

Wisconsin, however, gets to split Iowa and Nebraska.

One scheduling quirk for Iowa this year is four road games in a five game stretch and 5 out of 7. Ouch.

Iowa merely exists in college football for the sole purpose of ruining someone else's season ....
This, plus I think the B1G knows which teams will be competing for playoff births. Nebraska needs marquee matchups from the East to bump their resume. On the flip side for playoff-competitive teams in the East, a win over Nebraska looks better than a win over Iowa. Basically, Nebraska is in the more advanced reading group so we're getting harder assignments. We're reading Hemingway while Iowa is reading Dr. Suess. Oh The Places You Won't Go, Hawks!

Reactions: SOHusker11
2022 looks like a Wisconsin schedule. I don't expect to many losses that year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT