ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska fans: We feel your pain

Jul 8, 2021
Tennessee Vol fans are every bit as frustrated as you about football. Our former AD’s wrecked football for us with bad hire after bad hire. All it takes is the right hire to bring us both back. On the baseball side, we had one AD who fired a baseball coach who had taken us to Omaha twice. That put baseball in the gutter for us too until we got the hire right 2 coaches later with Tony Vitello who won 50 games and led us to Omaha last season.

We hired AD Danny White from UCF last year who just so happened hired Scott Frost at UCF. We now have Josh Heupel as head football coach after failed coach after failed coach.

It’s all about fit and the right guy. Nebraska is meant to be a hard-nosed, blue collar, bust you in the mouth running offense. If things don’t work out with Scott Frost, a coach you should go after is Jamey Chadwell at Coastal Carolina. He’s a Tennessee native and has built 3 football programs into powerhouses at the lower levels. His players rally behind him and would run through a brick wall for him.

That being said, I’m shocked Scott Frost hasn’t worked out. Some rebuilds take time. Perhaps, he needs to find that special quarterback who in turn brings in others around him, and the ball gets rolling.

Anyhow, college football is at its best when Nebraska and Tennessee are both rolling. I loved that 62-24 beat down you gave our hated Gators in 1995.

Go Vols and Go Big Red

Last edited:
Tennessee Vol fans are every bit as frustrated as you about football. Our former AD’s wrecked football for us with bad hire after bad hire. All it takes is the right hire to bring us both back. On the baseball side, we had one AD who fired a baseball coach who had taken us to Omaha twice. That put baseball in the gutter for us too until we got the hire right 2 coaches later with Tony Vitello who won 50 games and led us to Omaha last season.

We hired AD Danny White from UCF last year who just so happened hired Scott Frost at UCF. We now have Josh Heupel as head football coach after failed coach after failed coach.

It’s all about fit. Nebraska is meant to be a hard-nosed, blue collar, bust you in the mouth running offense. If things don’t work out with Scott Frost, a coach you should go after is Jamey Chadwell at Coastal Carolina. He’s a Tennessee native and has built 3 football programs into powerhouses at the lower levels. His players rally behind him and would run through a brick wall for him.

That being said, I’m shocked Scott Frost hasn’t worked out. Some rebuilds take time. Perhaps, he needs to find that special quarterback that in turn brings in others around him, and the ball gets rolling.

Anyhow, college football is at its best when Nebraska and Tennessee are both rolling. I loved that 62-24 beat down you gave our hated Gators in 1995.

Go Vols and Go Big Red
Good post. We want a shortcut to success. One cannot essentially ignore the fundamentals and winning habits that build a powerful foundation.

Frost's body of work at Nebraska suggest he does not pay attention to the details and demand a high standard of excellence and accountability.

He's gotten some things right and fixed, but he doesn't seem to grasp the whole picture and the importance of all of the interworking parts coming together.

Reactions: Mack In Motion

It’s all about fit and the right guy. Nebraska is meant to be a hard-nosed, blue collar, bust you in the mouth running offense. If things don’t work out with Scott Frost, a coach you should go after is Jamey Chadwell at Coastal Carolina. He’s a Tennessee native and has built 3 football programs into powerhouses at the lower levels. His players rally behind him and would run through a brick wall for him.

That being said, I’m shocked Scott Frost hasn’t worked out. Some rebuilds take time. Perhaps, he needs to find that special quarterback who in turn brings in others around him, and the ball gets rolling.

Go Vols and Go Big Red
Coincidentally the coach who really put Coastal on the map is former Omaha-based TD Ameritrade CEO Joe Moglia. Would be kind of funny if we ended up with his successor.

Go Vols and Go Big Red
Heupel I think is a good coach. He isn't going to fix your hot mess over night but I think kids are going to want to play for him and he'll work his ass off. He's a smart young coach who is used to winning. Probably smarter than Frost. Good luck.

Reactions: BleedRed78
OP, I'm glad you guys didn't hire Jamey Chadwell. lol. Not saying he will be Nebraska's next head coach, but he runs a great offensive attack. Very good coach.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Coincidentally the coach who really put Coastal on the map is former Omaha-based TD Ameritrade CEO Joe Moglia. Would be kind of funny if we ended up with his successor.
Gee I wonder how Joe convinced so much talent to come to Coastal Carolina.....Joe had a head start on NIL would be my guess.

I'm having trouble remembering, it's been so long. I'll have to dust off some of those old, fading VHS tapes of Tommy Frazier and Peyton Manning to refresh my memory.
They have DVD ‘s now.🙄

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT