ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska drought

Where about in Nebraska you from? In eastern Thayer county we’ve been pretty fortunate except for that one dam wind, it really messed up some corn fields. I’ve heard it’s dry to the west just haven’t had the chance to drive that way
Same here in York county. Been pretty much a perfect growing season.

Wettest mildest summer I can ever recall.

Getting tired of mowing my lawn every 5 days or so.

Have we had a day over 100? Typically we have a few, if not many. Not sure we have gotten over 95 in Lincoln. Normally this time of year is the kind of heat and blazing Sun you can fry an egg on your car hood. Not this year.

Where about in Nebraska you from? In eastern Thayer county we’ve been pretty fortunate except for that one dam wind, it really messed up some corn fields. I’ve heard it’s dry to the west just haven’t had the chance to drive that way
I think there's several pockets of dry. Omaha/Valley area and to the north I believe are kinda like Des Moines west. Pretty dry

Reactions: dinglefritz
281 south of interstate and west is very dry. We haven’t had measurable rain SW of Hastings to Kansas border since July 19. It will be 5 week’s Sunday night. Dry land beans are gray and aborting pods. Dry land corn is firing with ears turning down.

West of McCook was extremely dry until about the 2nd week of July. Then a few rains and a huge 9-14 deluge followed by a few more spotty.

Reactions: kccornhusker
I think there's several pockets of dry. Omaha/Valley area and to the north I believe are kinda like Des Moines west. Pretty dry
I’ve heard Hastings is dry but I was up there last Saturday and it didn’t appear that way, but they also have different soils than what we have

my bad - you guys are talking about the weather. I thought we were talking about how many losing seasons in a row or last bowl win. Apologies for the confusion.

I’ve heard Hastings is dry but I was up there last Saturday and it didn’t appear that way, but they also have different soils than what we have
I talked to a guy from Hastings a few weeks ago. We had around 16" in July and Hastings had 1.25" in that same period. Early June I took some hay samples up there to get tested. We were flooding and their pivots were running. Sounds about like the pattern we were in 2 years ago

20200818_NE_none.jpg

Darker orange is severe drought.

Douche flute or douche canoe? Which do you prefer to answer to?

oh Timnsun, that’s a good one. Did your mom help you with that one? Or did your amazing 7th grade Lincoln education bring it home for you? Seriously, take chill pill dude - no football this year and if we can’t laugh at how bad we are, then we are just drinking the Kool Aid

oh Timnsun, that’s a good one. Did your mom help you with that one? Or did your amazing 7th grade Lincoln education bring it home for you? Seriously, take chill pill dude - no football this year and if we can’t laugh at how bad we are, then we are just drinking the Kool Aid
I can laugh, but I have no patience for people pretending to be husker fans when they aren’t. If you came on this board as the Iowa fan you are, I wouldn’t be responding the way I have so far.

Reactions: Baxter48
ADVERTISEMENT