ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska - Creighton basketball

giphy.gif

Does Fred get the same pass as Scott? Fred is just starting year 1?
Hoiberg was left with darn near nothing. Also, the expectations are lower for basketball. If he wins one NCAA game he is the best coach in program history. Football is a blue blood program so their expectations are higher. They have history, you can still recruit well, all the other positive things it is. In the basketball case It would be like if Hoiberg took over North Carolina basketball and lost.

you can’t compare Nebraska basketball to Nebraska football. Again, we just keep lowering the standards for football for some reason forgetting we should not accept this. But so many people make excuses as to why we can’t win or didn’t win in football

And if hoiberg can’t field a competitive team next year he should have to answer some tough questions too. But I believe he will find 3-4 new players next year and get it done. Hopefully.

Hoiberg was left with darn near nothing. Also, the expectations are lower for basketball. If he wins one NCAA game he is the best coach in program history. Football is a blue blood program so their expectations are higher. They have history, you can still recruit well, all the other positive things it is. In the basketball case It would be like if Hoiberg took over North Carolina basketball and lost.

you can’t compare Nebraska basketball to Nebraska football. Again, we just keep lowering the standards for football for some reason forgetting we should not accept this. But so many people make excuses as to why we can’t win or didn’t win in football

And if hoiberg can’t field a competitive team next year he should have to answer some tough questions too. But I believe he will find 3-4 new players next year and get it done. Hopefully.
Hoiberg should have as much, if not more time than Scott to get our shit together. Of the two programs, even as bad as football has been, there is absolutely no doubt that our basketball program has been absolute shit for just about as long as it’s been around. Literally on a historic level. If we expect results from Scott within a few years, Fred should have that same amount of leash, and then some.

Are we kidding here????
I think I've brought up numerous times that Fred was:
left with little
Had no relevant recruiting options

Football I'm concerned about...not hoops...

It only takes overnight for a real coach to make a basketball team tournament ready.
Football is the sport that needs a second year because of the larger roster.

We are paying a huge amount of money, we expect NCAA.
If we are okay with losing seasons, I could coach them for half the salary.

This will be a rough year in basketball. I think people need to accept that.

There's only two players on the team who are big enough to compete with big ten bigs (and Cross may get bullied still).

They have 3 sit out transfers who will immediately help next year.

PATIENCE is what needs to be preached this year. Only two players have P5 basketball experience, which is a big deal.

It only takes overnight for a real coach to make a basketball team tournament ready.
Football is the sport that needs a second year because of the larger roster.

We are paying a huge amount of money, we expect NCAA.
If we are okay with losing seasons, I could coach them for half the salary.

Sorry I wouldn't give you minimum wage.

Hoiberg cleaned house for a reason. It may result in a 10 win season this year, but this year is a sacrifice, IMO. We will see improvement, not only throughout the season, but from year to year. I fully believe we will be in the NCAA tourney by year 3.

Reactions: TheNewNU
Give him time to recruit some paint eaters with wide bodies and height..

Creighton got a point taken away, so the comeback has begun!

This will be a rough year in basketball. I think people need to accept that.

There's only two players on the team who are big enough to compete with big ten bigs (and Cross may get bullied still).

They have 3 sit out transfers who will immediately help next year.

PATIENCE is what needs to be preached this year. Only two players have P5 basketball experience, which is a big deal.

TOUGH year? Try embarrassing. This team will be historic in terms of bad. I fully expect the worst record the Huskers have ever posted in the last 50 years. This team can't play defense, can't rebound, cant hit 3 pointers, & is awful at free throws. I honestly believe there are high school teams in the midwest that could beat this team.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheNewNU
TOUGH year? Try embarrassing. This team will be historic in terms of bad. I fully expect the worse record the Huskers have ever posted in the last 50 years. This team can't play defense, can't rebound, cant hit 3 pointers, & is awful at free throws. I honestly believe there are high school teams in the midwest that could beat this team.
Millard North would play the Huskers very competitively

I know this is a throwaway year, but sure would like to see SOME ball movement and movement without the ball. There is just none of either.

I know this is a throwaway year, but sure would like to see SOME ball movement and movement without the ball. There is just none of either.
We've got 4 guys that have never played d1 out there right now against a veteran team. They are playing scared shitless

Hoiskers need to have a week of practice where all they're allowed to do is dunk any shot within 3-ft of the basket.

ADVERTISEMENT