• Multiple head coaches

Votes: 11 11.0%
  • Minnesota status

Votes: 11 11.0%

• Total voters

PlutoDroid

Walk On
Aug 16, 2015
As one of the all-time winningist programs of the history of the sport Nebraska is considered a minted Blueblood. However it's hard to say they have lived up to that status for a decade now. Alabama, Ohio State, Michigan, Notre Dame, and Oklahoma are often considered the top tier of historical excellence . That is what most Nebraska fans consider to be in their league.

However all of those programs have either played in multiple NY6 bowl games, or have participated in National Title games, and winning them. Nebraska has not sniffed any of that for over a decade now. So the question has gone from when they will return to those heights, to can they.

So my question to you is what are your expectations of the next decade of Husker football

Reactions: Gerard10
will the 2020s bring any better trolls to the board than the same tired old tryhards? click below to vote!

yes

no

I will always have the expectation of competing for the conference. If we don't win it every year fine but we should compete for it and win it a few times. Would never advocate firing a coach that can win a conference 3 times a decade and make a playoff appearance once. It won't be easy to go through a conference title game and 2 top 4 teams in a playoff so if you make it there and lose oh well I had fun that year

Last edited:
Reactions: Sinomatic
Nebraska should win the West 7 out of 10 years and win the conference 3-4 times every 10 years. Should finish seasons ranked in top 15 consistently.

Reactions: Husker_AMG63
As one of the all-time winningist programs of the history of the sport Nebraska is considered a minted Blueblood. However it's hard to say they have lived up to that status for a decade now. Alabama, Ohio State, Michigan, Notre Dame, and Oklahoma are often considered the top tier of historical excellence . That is what most Nebraska fans consider to be in their league.

However all of those programs have either played in multiple NY6 bowl games, or have participated in National Title games, and winning them. Nebraska has not sniffed any of that for over a decade now. So the question has gone from when they will return to those heights, to can they.

So my question to you is what are your expectations of the next decade of Husker football

ND & Michigan? What have either of them won in the last 20 years? I don’t remember them winning anything.

Reactions: Top_Gun_
ND & Michigan? What have either of them won in the last 20 years? I don’t remember them winning anything.

so if Frost makes the playoff, plays in a major bowl or finishes in the top 10 you are going to come on here and remind us all how he hasn't won anything?

so if Frost makes the playoff, plays in a major bowl or finishes in the top 10 you are going to come on here and remind us all how he hasn't won anything?

I’m not hating here, my business partner is a N graduate. I want N to be a dominant team again. It’s good for CF & our conference, not to mention I like N.

My post was only pointing out, both of those schools get talked about nationally without winning crap.

I’m not hating here, my business partner is a N graduate. I want N to be a dominant team again. It’s good for CF & our conference, not to mention I like N.

My post was only pointing out, both of those schools get talked about nationally without winning crap.

yes they are blue blood programs - like Nebraska -
they will receive more national attention than they deserve as will we if we can at least approach any semblance of relevance

Last edited:
yes they are blue blood programs - like Nebraska -
they will receive more nationally attention than they deserve as will we if we can at least approach any semblance of relevance

I have no doubt that Scott will get the job done, It just takes time.

I’m a PS graduate, we as a program fell into the pit of average. Mostly due to the sanctions that the NCAA wrongfully dumped on us. Then 3 years later removed when they finally admitted that they F’d us.

My point is James is a machine on the recruiting trail. He brought in the kids we needed but development & recruiting takes time.

Scott is getting the kids N needs, in 2 years I expect the N team. To be vastly improved and a division winner.

Nothing, but Notre Dame has played for 1 BCS Title, made the playoff last year, and played in multiple NY6 bowl games.

Michigan has played in multiple NY6 bowl games as well. They are a fringe top 10 team.

I have no doubt that Scott will get the job done, It just takes time.

I’m a PS graduate, we as a program fell into the pit of average. Mostly due to the sanctions that the NCAA wrongfully dumped on us. Then 3 years later removed when they finally admitted that they F’d us.

My point is James is a machine on the recruiting trail. He brought in the kids we needed but development & recruiting takes time.

Scott is getting the kids N needs, in 2 years I expect the N team. To be vastly improved and a division winner.
Yes, the NCAA was wrong for Penn State and it’s higher ups for harboring a child humper for decades. I wish they would’ve thrown a couple sticks of dynamite on Happy Valley. Whatever makes you sleep well at night Slider. As a grandfather of 6, I can’t imagine the pain those families went through and the kids are contuining to go through life.

Yes, the NCAA was wrong for Penn State and it’s higher ups for harboring a child humper for decades. I wish they would’ve thrown a couple sticks of dynamite on Happy Valley. Whatever makes you sleep well at night Slider. As a grandfather of 6, I can’t imagine the pain those families went through and the kids are contuining to go through life.

It’s quite obvious that you never followed the entire story and only paid attention to the headlines.

That’s fine, PS isn’t your school. So following the story in detail isn’t what is important to a N fan. 6 reported victims, 3 proven to be liars. Far as how damaged those 3 are today?
1 took pictures of himself naked on a bed rolling around on money.
Another was so damaged, their parents left other siblings to attend PS afterwards.
As far as those involved, Spanier, Shultz & Curley. All found be to innocent in court but we’re still fired.

Again this has zero to due with PS.
I was just saying that having been down. It takes time to bounce back.
I think N has the right coach it will just take a few years.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT