ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska Baseball struggling lately

stucknks

Athletic Director
Jan 2, 2012
And the remaining games don't get any easier.
We are lacking pitching and the ability to bunt and perhaps the couple big studs you need to win.
Any thoughts guys

Even with the rough first inning, the pitching was fairly solid today. When you shut a team out for 7 straight innings (IU didn't bat in the 9th) you have to be able to chip away.

We had a favorable schedule to start the year which let us get our feet under us. The back end of our schedule is loaded. Rutgers has gained momentum and is playing well. We were fortunate to get Iowa early. Their schedule looks pretty manageable. We could end up odd man out as far as the NCAA tourney is concerned.

Reactions: stupidrams
We had a favorable schedule to start the year which let us get our feet under us. The back end of our schedule is loaded. Rutgers has gained momentum and is playing well. We were fortunate to get Iowa early. Their schedule looks pretty manageable. We could end up odd man out as far as the NCAA tourney is concerned.
Agree. The 2nd half of the schedule gets tough.

Michigan ends with Indiana Maryland and Nebraska.
Nebraska ends with NW a 3 team 4 game pod with Ohio St and Indiana ends with Michigan.

Indiana also has to play Maryland..

After today Huskers will have 10 games left and 5 of the 10 against the top 2 teams competing with NU..

Last edited:
We are lacking pitching and the ability to bunt and perhaps the couple big studs you need to win.
Any thoughts guys
We would probably be top 5 in the country for sacrifice bunts if we were in a conference that allowed its teams to play non-conference games. As it is we're tied for #26 in the country despite playing far fewer games than almost all the teams ahead of us. This is a very good bunting team.

For the most part I think pitching depth has been strong. All 3 weekend starters had solid outings. Povich Saturday would have had a huge game if was not pulled after long rain delay. Then shannaman started terrible but salvaged the outing by having a few scoreless innings. And hroch was good Sunday. I think the bullpen is strength of team
Any thoughts guys

For the most part I think pitching depth has been strong. All 3 weekend starters had solid outings. Povich Saturday would have had a huge game if was not pulled after long rain delay. Then shannaman started terrible but salvaged the outing by having a few scoreless innings. And hroch was good Sunday. I think the bullpen is strength of team
We will see when we play some better teams. Hope you're right.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT