ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska at # 25

Right, and besides Wandale and JD, we dont have any returning wrs averaging one catch a game, and only other than Warner, just one more with one catch.
Add in all frosh rbs behind Mills.
Name any Nebraska coach with this young of a team? Just one, ever, all time?
Time to win yes, but be rated with this schedule? Now, name a Nebraska coach who's had this tough of schedule?
Your 'but we are Nebraska ' shtick isn't very well thought out.

Excuse meter is turned up so high hope that and overuse don't break it.

I'm hoping to win enough games so Frost's 3 year record will at least come close to Riley's - I don't think he gets to 10-2 which is what it would take to tie Riley

Wish you would really quit referring back to your buddies..

Just curious but would you rather being see things like, " Nebraska to suck again" "Nebraska will be lucky to win 5 games" "Nebraska has no hope" "Nebraska destine for the bottom again" That would give you more joy? Really? I mean if positivity takes the joy out of being a Husker fan what the point?
Exactly, I've never understood those that actually don't seem to want positive things said about us. Yeah, we got a lot of hype last year that we failed to live up to, but personally I don't feel any worse about a season where people expected good things that didn't materialize than one where everybody expected us to suck and we lived up to people's expectations. I mean, really does it feel any better to say "Everybody expected us to suck and we did". than to say "Everybody expected us to do well, and we failed to live up to that". A bad season is a bad season-it really doesn't make any difference what people were expecting before the season.
Also, I don't feel any better when we do well when people were expecting us to do poorly. I don't think it feels any better to say "we had a great season, even though people were expecting us to not be very good" than to say "we had a great season, just like people expected". Preseason rankings and expectations are we all we have to go on in the offseason-I'd much rather have people expecting good things from us and talk about that, than people expecting us to suck and talking about that.
What I'm amazed at on this thread too, are the number of people that don't seem to understand what this ranking is about, even after it's been explained. This is not somebody's opinion on how good we will be-it is strictly a stats based ranking based on who and what we have coming back-particularly on offense. What this tells us is that regardless of what people think, we should be better than last year based solely on our returning production from last year.

It's not that positivity takes the joy out of being a Husker fan. I regret getting all caffeinated and salty and getting on here. It has just been a long 20 years of getting my hopes built up, then shot down. I didn't mean to pee in anyone's Cheerios. I was just saying what I felt, not trying to tell anyone else how to think.
You are entitled to feel however you want. Believe me the last 20 years have sucked. The last 5 have been brutal. My thinking is as long as we are still getting talked about, getting attention, and getting hype we aren't dead. As soon as we stop hearing this type of stuff, we are officially done.

view

Reactions: sparky62
I think the ceiling with that schedule is 7-5. Given our shortcomings in coaching and QB I'm much more comfortable saying 4 to 6 wins

Reactions: Husker_AMG63
it's not a thread without at least some jlb-erish

not sure what is so controversial

can’t remember who said it ... something along the line of life, football, .. etc, etc having a scoreboard and you should embrace it

the scoreboard says Riley won 19 games with 2 bowl games in 3 years

again not sure what is do controversial

can’t remember who said it ... something along the line of life, football, .. etc, etc having a scoreboard and you should embrace it

Put the * Asterix on the 2015 season..

again not sure what is do controversial

nothing is controversial. you've posted the same stats ad nauseam for going on a year now. the stats speak for themselves.

worst head coaching start in program history. very little chance to match first 3 year win totals of bo and riley. yadda yadda yadda.

not sure what your objective is, but, by all means, please continue to recycle these same talking points. the people love it!

nothing is controversial. you've posted the same stats ad nauseam for going on a year now. the stats speak for themselves.

worst head coaching start in program history. very little chance to match first 3 year win totals of bo and riley. yadda yadda yadda.

not sure what your objective is, but, by all means, please continue to recycle these same talking points. the people love it!

It’s not the worst head coaching start in program history - just the worst since 1957

I admit sometimes it’s hard to embrace the scoreboard when you would rather run from it

Reactions: ridge22
Such a shortsighted perspective. If Frost wins 175 games over 18 years at Nebraska absolutely nobody will care that Mike Riley won 19 games in three years while Frost won only 15. It's a pointless argument and even less as an arbitrary measuring stick.

Don't you know he is a Riley and Eichorst apostle..

It’s not the worst head coaching start in program history - just the worst since 1957

I admit sometimes it’s hard to embrace the scoreboard when you would rather run from it

I'm not sure where you get anyone running from it? I know I've said time and again our teams the last two years have stunk. Frost has been disappointing.

You're the only person who continuously comes here to say those exact same things as if you're an Oxford fellow introducing some new mind-blowing discovery that will forever alter the course of Husker fandom.

Again, I don't understand your objective with these posts, but posting what you want is your prerogative.

this is what running from things looks like:
Do we think Moos has Fickell on his short list of potential coaches he would be interested in

who's on your wish list?

I know you fancy the 8-win kid (well, 7 last year) matt campbell. who else?

My wish is that he isn't compelled to put a call out to anyone on his list
smh, some of these iowa posters can troll circles around you, jlb-erish!

Reactions: headcard
I know some posters who cant come up with ten positive posts in a row,yes,they are that weak.
Or, they are that strong in their eyes, which is even weaker.
it's not a positive/negative thing really. and I honestly don't mind @jlb321 at all- he seems like a fan who cares a lot and just likes to try and rile people up on the board. it's all fair, and he brings up good points/info from time to time. @timnsun said it best, I think.

I do find the recycled I'm not saying I'm just saying takes funny, though.

I'm hoping to win enough games so Frost's 3 year record will at least come close to Riley's - I don't think he gets to 10-2 which is what it would take to tie Riley
Why the obsession to frame in terms of three year overall record? Why not compare year three to year three or even acknowledge how different the situations they inherited where? Oh, never mind, we all already know why.

Reactions: scarletred
Why the obsession to frame in terms of three year overall record? Why not compare year three to year three or even acknowledge how different the situations they inherited where? Oh, never mind, we all already know why.
Its like 'why isn't 3+5 just 8?'

this team is a lot better than those 50s teams, i remember opening the season against mighty hawaii rainbows and getting beat 6 to 0.i will never give up on my team, im starting to believe that some of you guys ARE REALLY in your moms basement typing away. gbr

Last edited:
Reactions: OzzyLvr
why can't we beat ranked teams?

they shouldn't be afraid of anyone and should be able to compete with every team in front of us. we aren't purdue for gods sake.
Coaching. Beat by equal and inferior talent many times last year.

And you are correct – we are not Purdue. Frost needs to beat them once, just once, to possibly think about being in the same level as they are.

I'm probably gonna get mad next season when we're 7-0 and everyone is still saying the same thing. We have damn good reason as a fan base to be negative.
I read your post from last year saying the same thing. They we skipped onto the field and...

I'm not following you.
Bold predictions have been made from the day Frost was announced. In 2 years, most everyone has jumped on the bandwagon and Frost & Co have stoked the fires with their hype. Then the season starts and our boys get smacked in the mouth and pushed around.

So here we are in year 3 and the same thing is happening again. Recruiting success - check. Early predictions of being ranked - check. Yet to come - Duval workout videos, coaches saying something special is happening, unity videos, players making predictions, and so on...

Bold predictions have been made from the day Frost was announced. In 2 years, most everyone has jumped on the bandwagon and Frost & Co have stoked the fires with their hype. Then the season starts and our boys get smacked in the mouth and pushed around.

So here we are in year 3 and the same thing is happening again. Recruiting success - check. Early predictions of being ranked - check. Yet to come - Duval workout videos, coaches saying something special is happening, unity videos, players making predictions, and so on...
You said you read me saying the same thing last year, not that other whine fest you just typed. Where did I say we we’re going to start 7-0 last year? For the record, my comment was in jest in response to another poster’s humorous comment about hype. I think he was making a point about other posters getting their panties in a wad about hype. You wouldn’t know anything about that though.

Last edited:
I can see us around there. We are 3rd in the division until we arent anymore though.

Need to beat Wisky and Iowa before we can claim any higher.

Ummmm, what team are you talking about? You mention recruiting, but no players, check.
You talk coaches, yet no players by name, check. You're all talk on same ol same ol, but dont mention new players, check. You go on and on about hype, but dont mention any players recruited by this staff, check.

Where've you been? You act like this is a whole new team, yet we getthe same results, yet don't take one second to recognize this is the true beginning of the change.
Three guys on the O line, old guys, all new rbs,one of the two wrs,old guy, half the TEs old guys,two on the D line, old guys, two of the LBs,old guys, three of the four D backfield, old guys.

Thats this coming year, same guys, slightly better results last year, but now theres room for some redshirt and true frosh to play,plus some jucos.
Now, you're just as certain the new guys will play like the old guys? You seem to be fairly certain.
We have a ton of talent coming in, unlike anything weve had before, so you're still so certain?

Okay, just so we're all clear, here are the board rules moving forward:
1. The first rule of Nebraska Football: You Do Not Talk About Nebraska Football!
2. No discussion of offseason press.
3. If anyone discusses offseason press, it will only be tolerated if said poster immediately dismisses it as hype. To eliminate confusion, any comments that are not expressly negative will be deemed to be optimism. Not allowed.
4. Anyone not immediately dismissing said offseason press as hype will be held PERSONALLY responsible for any subsequent failures of Nebraska football.
5. Everyone must agree that there is a national and local conspiracy to cripple Nebraska football via a devious plan that involves expressing optimism for the future.
6. No one is allowed to be optimistic because as we all know no team has EVER turned it's fortunes around and won after several losing seasons. IT CAN'T HAPPEN.

if you want to wait and see then, by all means, do it.

talk to you in october.

Reactions: B1G RED RULES
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT