ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska and NIL

HuskerAlum92

First Team All-Big Ten
Jan 8, 2007
I see all Michigan State football and men’s basketball players, including walkons, will receive a $500 monthly stipend. I see all walkons at BYU getting their tuition paid for. I see QBs that have yet to take a snap at Ohio St and Alabama get 1+ million dollar deals.

What can a bottom half recruit to Nebraska expect to get? Or our best 2022 recruit? How about a 3rd year backup guard?

Maybe instead of squeezing our boosters for infrastructure projects, we should save some of that squeeze for publicly announced NIL deals with an intention of keeping our recruiting competitive.

I see all Michigan State football and men’s basketball players, including walkons, will receive a $500 monthly stipend. I see all walkons at BYU getting their tuition paid for. I see QBs that have yet to take a snap at Ohio St and Alabama get 1+ million dollar deals.

What can a bottom half recruit to Nebraska expect to get? Or our best 2022 recruit? How about a 3rd year backup guard?

Maybe instead of squeezing our boosters for infrastructure projects, we should save some of that squeeze for publicly announced NIL deals with an intention of keeping our recruiting competitive.
A half off coupon on your next $25 or more purchase at Runza.

(Exclusions Apply)

Free memberships in the Jelly of the month club?

Hey Martinez got a deodorant endorsement, because he really stinks

I'm surprised Myles Farmer hasn't gotten any endorsements yet, you'd think that last name would be pretty marketable in a state like ours. Or maybe he could do ads for FarmersOnly.

You'd think Matt "Masker" would have been able to market himself during this whole Covid ordeal.

Reactions: Hugo_Stiglitz7
Hey Martinez got a deodorant endorsement, because he really stinks

I'm surprised Myles Farmer hasn't gotten any endorsements yet, you'd think that last name would be pretty marketable in a state like ours. Or maybe he could do ads for FarmersOnly.

You'd think Matt "Masker" would have been able to market himself during this whole Covid ordeal.
If Myles Farmer was at one of the CA schools, he would have been a shoo-in for Farmer John meats.

I still think Jurgens should be repping a company that sells ginger snaps.

Reactions: WHCSC
I still think Jurgens should be repping a company that sells ginger snaps.
tenor.gif

Nebraska and the state was suppose to be so far ahead of all the other schools and states cross the country with this NIL stuff. At least that's what we heard for over an entire year from the Athletic Dept, Administration, media and state legislature.

Well that has proven to be false and a farce as businesses in the community, state or nationwide haven't dumped much money, cars and endorsements behind athletes in Lincoln like other schools have!

The ONLY reason I can think of is they don't like the product that's put on the field or THE HEAD COACH.

Either get your ass in the game fast or get left behind...

Reactions: BleedRed78
Nebraska and the state was suppose to be so far ahead of all the other schools and states cross the country with this NIL stuff. At least that's what we heard for over an entire year from the Athletic Dept, Administration, media and state legislature.

Well that has proven to be false and a farce as businesses in the community, state or nationwide haven't dumped much money, cars and endorsements behind athletes in Lincoln like other schools have!

The ONLY reason I can think of is they don't like the product that's put on the field or THE HEAD COACH.

Either get your ass in the game fast or get left behind...

I wouldn't be as harsh as this post is about it but I always thought that for us anyway, this whole deal was all hat and no cattle. The same issues that plague us in recruiting are going to plague us in NIL IMO....plus we don't have a T. Boone Pickens who desperately wats to go out a winner before he checks out and has the bank roll to do it.

I wouldn't be as harsh as this post is about it but I always thought that for us anyway, this whole deal was all hat and no cattle. The same issues that plague us in recruiting are going to plague us in NIL IMO....plus we don't have a T. Boone Pickens who desperately wats to go out a winner before he checks out and has the bank roll to do it.
warren buffet needs to pry open that wallet, give back

Offer to rename the stadium warren Buffet Memorial stadium in exchange huge deals for the 2 top d tackles top QB and Rb and a few top tackles nil deals with Berkshire
the new memorial berkshire stadium, like the new vegas stadium,
coke offense commercials
duracell black shirt battery commercials
and dairy queen commercials for kickers

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT