ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska and covid

icnu525

Walk On
Jan 8, 2016
When the big ten first decided to play and then put out their covid rules and restrictions , a Wisconsin writer was assessing them and one of his thoughts was that there would never be any Nebraska players ineligible due to covid just like they never have any academic casualties

What’s he mean by that and is he correct ?

I am pretty sure each time has indeed had some but haven’t heard of Neb
I know Illinois, Maryland,Minn, Wis , And Iowa had some . Guess I can’t recall the other schools

Nebraska has had players with COVID but it was before the season started and I don’t mean October, more like August and early September...
but even LSU who Orgeron said in early august almost the whole team had covid already they have had a couple outbreaks since. I really can't think of a school that hasn't had at least a couple weekly threshold issues due to covid other than nebraska. Does neb have a bubble around their players? or just no good parties in lincoln?

When the big ten first decided to play and then put out their covid rules and restrictions , a Wisconsin writer was assessing them and one of his thoughts was that there would never be any Nebraska players ineligible due to covid just like they never have any academic casualties

I know Illinois, Maryland,Minn, Wis , And Iowa had some . Guess I can’t recall the other schools
I think what Nebraska has done with regards to COVID has been pretty amazing. I had said before the season that IF we used testing and quarantining that we wouldn't have a season. I was wrong. The discipline the Nebraska players and coaches (and their families) have shown has been remarkable IMO in contrast to say oh I don't know....WISCONSIN, Maryland etc. No way I thought we would get this many games in with the restrictions the B1G put in place especially with students on campus. My nephew brought COVID home to his family from Lincoln a couple of weeks ago. It's rampant in the WHOLE midwest regardless of mandates and restrictions.

That sound like a pretty ignorant writer. Nebraska tests daily like everyone else in the B1G. Nebraska doesn’t release the names of the individuals sideline for COVID, but we have had some. As an example, had a basketball player out for an unspecified reason yesterday,

I am also not sure what he is implying by Nebraska doesn’t have any academic casualties. We have lost several commits to academics recently. We have academic support, like everyone else, so we don’t have many players become ineligible once they get here, but I don’t think anyone has that problem.

Iowa had some issues back in August once it was announced there would be no season. It is estimated that over half the team had it. Nothing that we know about since practices started.

Not sure if y’all caught his drift but he was poking fun of the history of Neb not ever having academic casualties once they get in . Even some of very limited abilities . I am sure many come to mind .
Neb isn’t exclusive to this but they are known for the “win at all costs” mentality . Ie , years passed, roids, unlawfulness and grades. As I have contacts with a few Big Ten schools and sort of allegiance to those few it is the same thoughts they have , not that any of you care, to the happenings at Neb . Just be thankful for what you have, the kids play hard, the coaches try hard as do other teams players and coaches . And NO , Iowa fans aren’t idiots. Gopher fans aren’t morons . Badger fans aren’t stupid .

Not sure if y’all caught his drift but he was poking fun of the history of Neb not ever having academic casualties once they get in . Even some of very limited abilities . I am sure many come to mind .
Neb isn’t exclusive to this but they are known for the “win at all costs” mentality . Ie , years passed, roids, unlawfulness and grades. As I have contacts with a few Big Ten schools and sort of allegiance to those few it is the same thoughts they have , not that any of you care, to the happenings at Neb . Just be thankful for what you have, the kids play hard, the coaches try hard as do other teams players and coaches . And NO , Iowa fans aren’t idiots. Gopher fans aren’t morons . Badger fans aren’t stupid .
Wasn't Nathan Gerry an academic casualty?

Didn’t he steal a bike or assault someone or took advantage of some girls at the bar or at a home some players rented or was involved in a hit and run in the wee hours or tested positive for dope, or tested positive for roids, or for gosh sakes dragged a girl down the steps or even did armed robbery or .....

Yep late for class because he helped rescue a neighbor's cat from a tree. Stole/borrowed the bike so he wouldn't jeapordize his perfect attendance

Nebraska has had their starters living in single room hotels for the past two months.
well if thats true then maybe nebraska just has more money than most schools to spend on covid prevention. how many programs can afford to pay for 25 hotel rooms for 90 nights on top of paying for all the testing? at $50 per night thats well over $100,000 just for the rooms for the starters.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT