ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska -7.5 @ Maryland

Wow...are you drunk? I’m fine my man. Purdue BEAT Maryland 40-14. If Purdue was that bad, Maryland would have won and blew them out. But that’s not the case...so again, who’s not getting it??? Simply put, Purdue is better then Maryland. Not the other way around. Hell Purdue put up dam near 560 total yards of offense against Maryland and their defense.

I'll spell it out for you. It doesn't matter whether or not Purdue is better than Maryland. What does matter is that Purdue sucks ass and after it was apparent that we were going to roll, we, time after time, tripped over ourselves and, ultimately, fell on our face in that game. The way this year has gone and how poorly this team has played for much of it, acting like we're going to stomp these guys because Purdue team beat them badly is juvenile. Could we take it to them? Sure we could, but I'm not expecting it to happen because of the way that the team has played. The results of a lot of our games have been due more to our poor play than how the opposition has played. If you still aren't getting it, a good example to look at is S. Alabama. They aren't in the zip code of being considered a decent team, but we struggled in that game because of the way we played. Answer me this, what's the spread on this game right now? 5 or so? If we are clearly so much better than them, why is it so low?

We had enough talent to have won most of our games. We had no business losing to Purdue, Indiana, or Colorado yet we lost. We also should have blown out South Alabama whose 1-9 this year yet we almost lost.

Are we more talented than Maryland? EASILY
Will we win Saturday? DOUBTFUL
But other threads say we have no talent?

We had enough talent to have won most of our games. We had no business losing to Purdue, Indiana, or Colorado yet we lost. We also should have blown out South Alabama whose 1-9 this year yet we almost lost.

Are we more talented than Maryland? EASILY
Will we win Saturday? DOUBTFUL

My claim that we have more talent than Indiana, Purdue, Colorado, and South Alabama is based off of recruiting. I have a hard time believing that we have bottom feeder talent to match our bottom feeder results when we have out recruited teams beating us year after year.

Mods please delete or modify if not allowed!
https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/CollegeTeamTalentComposite/?Conference=Big-Ten

That link shows the Huskers current talent on the roster based on stars. The current Husker roster is 4th in the conference only behind Michigan, Ohio St, and Penn St who are doing very well. Purdue and Indiana are 12th and 13th in the country. Colorado and South Alabama are terrible and have recruited awful as well.

Also throw in that Purdue beat us with 2nd and 3rd string QBs and no Rondale Moore!! They were not more talented than us.

Posted that post out of frustration. We have the talent, just need to stop playing down to opponents. Especially in the 3rd qtr.

Reactions: Bruce1981
laugh my hairy pickle off, Purdue blows. They’re so bad that we’re a whopping 5 1/2 point favorite. We had zero reason to lose the P game, yet found a way. As I said before, as long as we don’t suck, we win, but we seem to find creative ways to let crappy teams hang around until we just roll over and die.
Now we are a whopping 4 point favorite. With our wonderful road record, it seems about right to me.

My claim that we have more talent than Indiana, Purdue, Colorado, and South Alabama is based off of recruiting. I have a hard time believing that we have bottom feeder talent to match our bottom feeder results when we have out recruited teams beating us year after year.

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/CollegeTeamTalentComposite/?Conference=Big-Ten

That link shows the Huskers current talent on the roster based on stars. The current Husker roster is 4th in the conference only behind Michigan, Ohio St, and Penn St who are doing very well. Purdue and Indiana are 12th and 13th in the country. Colorado and South Alabama are terrible and have recruited awful as well.

Also throw in that Purdue beat us with 2nd and 3rd string QBs and no Rondale Moore!! They were not more talented than us.

Posted that post out of frustration. We have the talent, just need to stop playing down to opponents. Especially in the 3rd qtr.
Actually of the guys that actually played in the game AND the 2 deeps, I would bet that Indiana, Purdue and Colorado all played with guys with a higher average star ranking than Nebraska. I KNOW that was the case with Purdue in the recent past. Not sure about this year but I would think with all of the walk ons we've got starting and on the 2 deep I would bet it was true this year as well. We've just had SO many washouts in our highest ranked upperclassmen.

Actually of the guys that actually played in the game AND the 2 deeps, I would bet that Indiana, Purdue and Colorado all played with guys with a higher average star ranking than Nebraska. I KNOW that was the case with Purdue in the recent past. Not sure about this year but I would think with all of the walk ons we've got starting and on the 2 deep I would bet it was true this year as well. We've just had SO many washouts in our highest ranked upperclassmen.
That link I listed was actually referencing the average stars of our current roster vs the rest of the conference. We still rank towards the top of the B1G even with all the guys who have left. We have more 4 stars currently starting then both Indiana and Purdue have even recruited over that past 5 years!

Every current Husker starter was a 4 star or 3 star except for Hixson and Alex Davis.

Nebraska 4 stars:
10 currently contributing regularly
Mills
Wandale
Tannor
Martinez
Jurgens
Lamar
Dismuke
Khalil
Lee
Darrion

2019, our newest class, has 11 total four stars.

Purdue, total 4 stars recruited in past 5 years
2015: 0 four stars, 4 two stars
2016: 0 four stars, 16 two stars, 1 zero star
2017: 0 four stars, 13 two stars
2018: 0 four stars, 1 two star
2019: 6 four stars, 5 two stars

Indiana, Total 4 stars recruited in past 5 years.
2015: 0 four stars, 4 two stars
2016: 0 four stars, 7 two stars
2017: 0 four stars, 12 two stars
2018: 1 Michael Penix (injured didn't play us), 4 two stars
2019: 4 four stars, 4 two stars

Colorado and South Alabama were also mentioned as teams we struggled with but drastically heat in recruiting. The numbers are about the same for them. I can post those also if anyone actually cares to see it.

Nebraska vs Maryland Epic game this Saturday! These 14 team leagues! We’ve played the turtles once since joining the league. Move to a 10 game conference schedule (5 home 5 away), and realign divisions... by swapping Purdue with Michigan St.

I'll spell it out for you. It doesn't matter whether or not Purdue is better than Maryland. What does matter is that Purdue sucks ass and after it was apparent that we were going to roll, we, time after time, tripped over ourselves and, ultimately, fell on our face in that game. The way this year has gone and how poorly this team has played for much of it, acting like we're going to stomp these guys because Purdue team beat them badly is juvenile. Could we take it to them? Sure we could, but I'm not expecting it to happen because of the way that the team has played. The results of a lot of our games have been due more to our poor play than how the opposition has played. If you still aren't getting it, a good example to look at is S. Alabama. They aren't in the zip code of being considered a decent team, but we struggled in that game because of the way we played. Answer me this, what's the spread on this game right now? 5 or so? If we are clearly so much better than them, why is it so low?
It’s low because sharp gamblers have made a fortune this year betting against Nebraska. 1-9 ATS all year. That is as bad as it gets. And the sharps aren’t about to start taking Nebraska after a run like this.

Reactions: SoFL Husker
this is an important game.. if we win this, it would increase the odds somewhat of winning at home against Iowa.

Somehow, managing to pull at least one more win out of the hat, would be helpful to declare improvement had been made from the previous year.

If the season ends in 11 days without any more wins, there is a risk of losing more talent than what is being brought in, which is obviously going in the wrong direction.

It’s low because sharp gamblers have made a fortune this year betting against Nebraska. 1-9 ATS all year. That is as bad as it gets. And the sharps aren’t about to start taking Nebraska after a run like this.

That’s a consideration for it dropping, but the line was set at 7 or so? The experts in Vegas directly contradicting the poster’s who are acting like this is a no-brainer easy win.

That’s a consideration for it dropping, but the line was set at 7 or so? The experts in Vegas directly contradicting the poster’s who are acting like this is a no-brainer easy win.

Actually, Vegas likely did take Nebraska's lousy road record and value against the spread into account. The line should be closer to Nebraska - 11 or 12.

you're right about the sharps, but it's not predicated on past results. classic gambler's fallacy thinking. each bet's odds are not swayed by previous bets; they are on their own entirely.

sharps will continue fading NU because, as of this moment, 85% of the tickets are going big red's way. classic fade territory, regardless of record ats to date.

that said, doesn't hurt we've been abysmal ats haha

How bad is Maryland? Are they the worst team on our schedule?

I was at the PS/Md game back the end of September. They stunk up the place that day. I do know McFarland is a good player but that line is average.

Honestly if N can start quickly. Md will fold up shop after halftime. The crowd will be small under 10k. No problem dealing with that RollingLaugh

This should be a WIN for N ...
31 - 14 #GBR

Reactions: pahusker139
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT