ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska: 30 for 30

St. Anger

Assistant Head Coach
Dec 13, 2007
Benning discussing this on S&B this morning. Said if they could get access and people would talk, would be the "Most eye-opening 30 for 30 ever." Man, I wish this would happen.

...or maybe it's best that it doesn't.

And everyone always thinks what happens behind their own closed doors is the most eye opening thing ever. I'm sure many Husker fans might be shocked by happenings behind closed doors, but they'd be shocked by what happens at several programs, businesses, governments, etc.

This is the kind of attention most programs should avoid at all costs.

I've thought since the days of the Sports Century series that ESPN was missing Osborne as a compelling person to feature, having later entered government. Heck even that GQ article from way back made him out to be fascinating despite his rigid dullness. (As I recall there's a whole page of wallet-size photos in the article, with barely perceptible facial expression changes. The article quotes (I'm paraphrasing) the photographer as having pled with him to change his expression and his reply, "I'm not a contortionist.") That ESPN still has not done it tells me that they don't believe there is much of an audience for it.

1_c083a7775649e1b6df64df3de7b18bb5.jpg

I've thought since the days of the Sports Century series that ESPN was missing Osborne as a compelling person to feature, having later entered government. Heck even that GQ article from way back made him out to be fascinating despite his rigid dullness. (As I recall there's a whole page of wallet-size photos in the article, with barely perceptible facial expression changes. The article quotes (I'm paraphrasing) the photographer as having pled with him to change his expression and his reply, "I'm not a contortionist.") That ESPN still has not done it tells me that they don't believe there is much of an audience for it.

1_c083a7775649e1b6df64df3de7b18bb5.jpg
"I'm not a contortionist." Classic! Still laughing...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT