ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska’s Rivals recruiting ranking for 2022

Rick.Shaw

Offensive Coordinator
May 29, 2001
With our Rivals staff stating it’s unlikely that we will sign any of the top 4 prospects in state and with a tough schedule for this team in 2022...I’m predicting a recruiting finish (because Frost does have some good recruiters) in the 27-33 range. If we make a bowl this year and show progress, hopefully an upward trajectory to the next year.

Hell...I have a son with Natty championship autographed FBs in our basement and an uncle that won a Natty. I’m sure if Neb were very good again, he’d care but at this time his interest level is a 3 on a scale of 1-10. He’s 17. He comes from a Nebraska family. What about the average student/recruit out there with no ties at all to the program? Must win in 2022.

Reactions: GBR_Atlanta
With our Rivals staff stating it’s unlikely that we will sign any of the top 4 prospects in state and with a tough schedule for this team in 2022...I’m predicting a recruiting finish (because Frost does have some good recruiters) in the 27-33 range. If we make a bowl this year and show progress, hopefully an upward trajectory to the next year.

Hell...I have a son with Natty championship autographed FBs in our basement and an uncle that won a Natty. I’m sure if Neb were very good again, he’d care but at this time his interest level is a 3 on a scale of 1-10. He’s 17. He comes from a Nebraska family. What about the average student/recruit out there with no ties at all to the program? Must win in 2022.
I’m sorry for you my man. But honestly, thats funny. My sons that are 20, 19, 17 and 16 years old, all love the Huskers and think very highly of them. Same with my 19 year old nephew and most of their friends. I’m guessing you’re doing something wrong my friend if your son isn’t into the Huskers 🤷🏽

And I’m not sure were you got the info on none of our HOL staff thinking we will sign any of the Top 4 in state recruits? The top 2 guys, you are correct but last I seen or heard, we had a punchers chance at Riley-Decker and that we actually had a very good shot at pulling in Helms.

Either way, our Huskers will survive all this and if we can turn the corner this next season and have a solid showing, it will only help us out in recruiting. But it’s put up or shut up time for Frost. He has got to start winning and showing the recruits that his plan for our Huskers can and will work. We have to start putting it together as of next season or things will keep getting worse.

Last edited:
I’m sorry for you my man. But honestly, thats funny. My sons that are 20, 19, 17 and 16 years old, all love the Huskers and think very highly of them. Same with my 19 year old nephew and most of their friends.

And I’m not sure were you got the info on none of our HIO staff thinking we will sign any of the Top 4 in state recruits? The top 2 guys, you are correct but last I seen we heard we had a punchers chance at Riley-Decker and we actually had a very good shot at pulling in Helms.

Either way, our Huskers will survive all this and if we can turn the corner this next season and have solid showing, it will only help us out in recruiting. But it’s put up or shut up time for Frost.
Are you saying you think we will finish above 27 in the recruiting rankings next year? If so hope you’re right. Punchers chance...not seen as a good shot from what I’ve read and heard.

Have to win this year - show progress - or my prediction will likely be 30 - 37 going into the next year’s class. At ThIS point odds are Neb signs 1 of the top 5 prospects in the state this year. Yikes.

stop bad mouthing them then...

Reactions: WHCSC and saltsdogg
Are you saying you think we will finish above 27 in the recruiting rankings next year? If so hope you’re right. Punchers chance...not seen as a good shot from what I’ve read and heard.

Have to win this year - show progress - or my prediction will likely be 30 - 37 going into the next year’s class. At ThIS point odds are Neb signs 1 of the top 5 prospects in the state this year. Yikes.

yeah, you are definitely not keeping up and not following the articles very well then my man. But then again, I’m on HOL and Huskers24/7. Maybe I’m getting it mixed up.

And the rest of your ramble, I already agreed with you on. So you basically repeated yourself for nothing. We have to start winning or things will fall apart even worse.

Last edited:
stop bad mouthing them then...
I’ll also add get bent. I’ve spent so much of my life cheering for and spending money on Husker athletics. I don’t need to apologize to you.

yeah, you are definitely not keeping up and not following the articles very well then my man. But then again, I’m on HOL and Huskers24/7.

And the rest of your ramble, I already agreed with on. So you basically repeated yourself for nothing. We have to start winning or things will fall apart even worse.
So a top 27 ranking? Followed this stuff for 4 decades. If you’re right? All the power to you and Go Big Red. I knew Dickerson was never coming here and said as much in posts. 24/7 and even Rivals may have teased it. It was never happening. Perhaps Neb had a punchers chance with that one?

I don’t bad mouth them. I watch every game. Kids (in general) don’t know Neb anymore and don’t care. Sorry...it’s true. Not like when I was his age in the 80s. Different team/different circumstances.

It’s something my man because like I pointed to you, all 4 of my sons are die hard Huskers fans just like me, my brother, his teenage kids, my mom, my dad, and well...the whole damn family. Even my cousins and their kids that live in Sacramento California. But then again, everyone is different.

So a top 27 raniking?

I have no clue on how we will do ranking wise. A lot will depend on how we do this next season. That much I do know and that’s as far as I’m going with that for now.

As for Riley-Decker and Helms, the Huskers are very much in the picture and more the likely, Helms is our best shot out of the 2. There are some who think and say we may not get Riley-Decker but they do say we have a punchers chance with him. Now Ernest Hausmann, I actually love our chances with him. He’s blowing up offer wise (good for him and bad for us) but it’s looking good with him so far.

Last edited:
I’m sorry for you my man. But honestly, thats funny. My sons that are 20, 19, 17 and 16 years old, all love the Huskers and think very highly of them. Same with my 19 year old nephew and most of their friends. I’m guessing you’re doing something wrong my friend if your son isn’t into the Huskers 🤷🏽

And I’m not sure were you got the info on none of our HIO staff thinking we will sign any of the Top 4 in state recruits? The top 2 guys, you are correct but last I seen or heard, we had a punchers chance at Riley-Decker and that we actually had a very good shot at pulling in Helms.

Either way, our Huskers will survive all this and if we can turn the corner this next season and have a solid showing, it will only help us out in recruiting. But it’s put up or shut up time for Frost. He has got to start winning and showing the recruits that his plan for our Huskers can and will work. We have to start putting it together as of next season or things will keep getting worse.
My son appreciates our roots with Neb FB. Now if he was offered a scholly from every top program in the nation would he go there? I’m hesitant to say yes. Back in 86 I would have. Not even a question.

Reactions: saltsdogg

I think you make some good points, but I will disagree on one thing:

The narrative about difficulty surrounding Nebraska's 2021 schedule is overblown. Oklahoma and Ohio State will be elite, no doubt. They always will be. Wisconsin should rebound as they may not face a ranked team all season.

But Iowa will face their biggest rebuild in 7 seasons. Northwestern is losing the most production and starts in the Power 5. And Michigan has a QB with one career start, a raw offensive line, and they're switching from the 4-3 to the 3-4 with a whole defense recruited to the 4-3.

The Huskers also got a gift with a road game at Michigan State. The Spartans might be the worst team in the East next season.

That doesn't mean Nebraska will avoid shitting down their leg. But the media and our fans are acting Iowa will be Iowa. Northwestern will be another division winner, Michigan is Michigan, and the Spartans will be back.

I think Iowa goes 6-6 or 7-5.
I see Northwestern anywhere from 4-8 to 6-6.
I think Michigan will be lucky to finish 7-5
Michigan State is staring at a 3 - 9 or 4-8 season.

Has Nebraska proven they can lose to bad teams? Absolutely. But that's not my point. The media especially keeps alluding to all the ranked opponents Nebraska will face in 2021. I don't believe that will be the case as the 2021 season progresses.

I would like to see us get a good QB in this class, one who can throw the ball well and who is very competitive. Don’t really care about how tall he is.

I would also like to see us recruit a pair of running backs, not scat backs but real all purpose backs that can also catch the ball in space.

And I’m not sure were you got the info on none of our HOL staff thinking we will sign any of the Top 4 in state recruits? The top 2 guys, you are correct but last I seen or heard, we had a punchers chance at Riley-Decker and that we actually had a very good shot at pulling in Helms.

he's getting good recruits without winning.

Losing seasons have consequences.

The narrative about difficulty surrounding Nebraska's 2021 schedule is overblown. Oklahoma and Ohio State will be elite, no doubt. They always will be. Wisconsin should rebound as they may not face a ranked team all season.

But Iowa will face their biggest rebuild in 7 seasons. Northwestern is losing the most production and starts in the Power 5. And Michigan has a QB with one career start, a raw offensive line, and they're switching from the 4-3 to the 3-4 with a whole defense recruited to the 4-3.

The Huskers also got a gift with a road game at Michigan State. The Spartans might be the worst team in the East next season.

That doesn't mean Nebraska will avoid shitting down their leg. But the media and our fans are acting Iowa will be Iowa. Northwestern will be another division winner, Michigan is Michigan, and the Spartans will be back.

Has Nebraska proven they can lose to bad teams? Absolutely. But that's not my point. The media especially keeps alluding to all the ranked opponents Nebraska will face in 2021. I don't believe that will be the case as the 2021 season progresses.

Some good points here certainly. As I read some of this I can't help but question all the narratives that come and go on this board, not specifically yours.

For me it all comes down to player development both at the other schools versus Nebraska. When one slates these teams to have lost so much and predict lower records based on that and then we struggle to win or even lose then what does that say? That has been the same rhetoric for the past three years. That and we are young, which if you think about it, you have to ask why we were young for three stinking years! I personally do not think we were as "young" as others have stated, yes we played some frosh and some redshirt frosh which is closer to being a sophomore but when a list is compiled, you don't play all frosh WR's or all frosh RBs at the same time. Remind me how many frosh were on D? That was a senior led group.

The media is going to believe what they see. Nebraska is who everyone sees them being, the team that can't even sniff a .500 record for some reason for three years under this staff. To me, that's the narrative the Huskers need to change.

A few more:

You mentioned OU being perennially good which I agree. People hope really good teams fall off the earth - see Bama - when they change coaches, the narrative didn't hold at OU. One could argue they got better.

We weren't going to get a Omaha kid because his parents have ties to Illinois but then the list of possible landing places have nothing to do with Illinois but that is the narrative. These kids want to win and hoping you will win and actually getting it done are two vastly different things.

Having a senior + led D should make a huge difference next year despite how good the other teams are. Frankly, other teams seem to "reload" much like the Huskers of the past did, not rebuild like we have been doing seemingly now for many years.

If those other teams you are predicting to struggle do a better job of player development as they have traditionally done then all bets are off for me. I value little that is on paper, but trust what I see on Saturdays.

Reactions: huntered
We have recruited top 20 classes every year under Frost so far, with basically one 4-star kid coming from instate each year. I think we have a solid year this year and have another class in the 20-25 range.

I live in Papillion and a Few Omaha schools coaches live in the past too much. Even living here, I will take a Kid from Elkhorn, Gretna and any where else in the state over most from Omaha. And we will be around 20 when all said and done..

They need to start showing some results to give elite recruits a reason to want to be at NU. This last class really lacks sizzle.

They don't need to recruit higher than they have to be better than they have been. Their biggest problems are still between their ears.

But they need to be better than they are to recruit better than they have for sure. And if they ever wanna be elite, the classes need to be elite.

Reactions: WHCSC
They need to start showing some results to give elite recruits a reason to want to be at NU. This last class really lacks sizzle.

They don't need to recruit higher than they have to be better than they have been. Their biggest problems are still between their ears.

But they need to be better than they are to recruit better than they have for sure. And if they ever wanna be elite, the classes need to be elite.
the class containing the highest rated recruit Frost has ever landed lacks sizzle?

boy, tough crowd.

the class containing the highest rated recruit Frost has ever landed lacks sizzle?

boy, tough crowd.
rivals ranking of recruiting classes goes back 20 years on this site

in those 20 years only twice previously has Neb failed to sign more than 3 - 4* or better recruits prior to this year
2008 - Pelini transition class (5*-4*-4*)
2004 - Solich - 2 4*s

you have to go back 18 years to find a class more bereft of highly rated recruits than this one

Reactions: TheBeav815

in those 20 years only twice previously has Neb failed to sign more than 3 - 4* and 5* recruits prior to this year
2008 - Pelini transition class (5*-4*-4*)
2004 - Solich - 2 4*s

you have to go back 18 years to find a class more bereft of highly rated recruits than this one
I saw this the first time you posted it weeks ago. it's as interesting now as it was then. it's also arbitrary, as Latrell Nevelle was a 4-star at the time of signing.

this class contains the single highest-rated recruit Frost has ever landed as a head coach.

Reactions: headcard
I believe this is wrong

he then signed early.

your use of arbitrary figures is nothing new here, as is your insistence on posting meaningless tidbits over and over.

keep up the laughable work, as always.

I wasn’t aware a kid could sign in July
he signed in Dec.

feel free to utilize your precious free time (in a pandemic, no less!) to hunt down the date when he lost his 4th star if you're so certain you're correct in this meaningless pursuit.

Reactions: CatColumbia
you posted this on Dec 3

as I said you were wrong -- he wasn't a 4* when he signed

if only he could've held on to that arbitrary distinction for 13 more days you'd have to find something else to babble about.

guess that means he's bad now and nobody should look forward to a kid who took visits to bama, uga and ou (twice) while accumulating 50+ offers. he's just a run of the mill 3-star now. frank solich wouldn't even have offered him.

also- thanks for following me so closely. always nice to have a fan!

if only he could've held on to that arbitrary distinction for 13 more days you'd have to find something else to babble about.

guess that means he's bad now and nobody should look forward to a kid who took visits to bama, uga and ou (twice) while accumulating 50+ offers. he's just a run of the mill 3-star now. frank solich wouldn't even have offered him.

the debate didn't have anything to do with whether the kid is good or not - it was whether he was a four star when he signed as you most erroneously claimed

perhaps you would be better served trying to remember what you have posted in the past - might have prevented you from posting embarrassing falsehoods

the debate didn't have anything to do with whether the kid is good or not - it was whether he was a four star when he signed as you claimed

perhaps you would be better served trying to remember what you have posted in the past - might have prevented you from posting embarrassing falsehoods
the debate is whether or not your post was arbitrary and meaningless (it is).

I was wrong about the timing of Nevell's downgrade, but the point stands. if he'd been downgraded 14 days later, you'd be posting the exact same thing.

over the last 20 years, I'm sure there were downgrades similar after signing. just as there was certain attrition to each class, rendering your research completely worthless.

you can turn this into me being wrong (I was), but it does nothing to cement your argument as anything close to meaningful.

the debate is whether or not your post was arbitrary and meaningless (it is).

you can turn this into me being wrong (I was), but it does nothing to cement your argument as anything close to meaningful.

I didn't posted an argument - I posted a fact

in those 20 years only twice previously has Neb failed to sign more than 3 - 4* or better recruits prior to this year

I didn't posted an argument - I posted a fact:

missed avoiding this completely arbitrary distinction by a whole 13 days.

don't leave out the rest (you do that a lot):

same player who was a 4-star less than 2 weeks prior to signing day is now not highly rated enough. cancel Christmas.

Last edited:
Reactions: TampaBaySkers

I have two sons who love N Football and cannot wait until the season gets here so they can attend in person and watch on TV.
NEBRASKA FOOTBALL WILL RETURN JUST GIVE THIS STAFF ADEQUATE TIME.
The biggest hurdle isn't the losing - it's this lockdown from Covid. To recruit you HAVE to get kids to Lincoln. We are in no man's land for recruits. I give the staff major props last year to land a top 25 class. Can they do it again? Doesn't seem like it, but you never know.
Covid definitely hurts N recruiting but agree, winning would help give recruiting a boost too.

missed avoiding this completely arbitrary distinction by a whole 13 days.

same player who was a 4-star less than 2 weeks prior to signing day is now not highly rated enough. cancel Christmas.

Neville was downgraded from the 40th rated recruit in Texas to the 45th rated recruit on August 26th - a slot that in this years class was a 3*

by December 3 he was 60th and by signing day 69th -- there were 25 3* recruits in Texas alone including 5 3* WRs in Texas rated ahead of him before you get to the 4*s

by signing day he wasn't close to being a 4* and hadn't been for quite some time

Last edited:

Iowa will be Iowa. 9+ wins. Defense will be stout as hell again with the entire back 6/7 coming back. The DL will need replaced like it did a couple of years ago but some highly recruited guys are waiting in the wings. Looks like a transfer is being looked into.

Offensively the OL has a ton of experience coming back. Including, the best center in the country. Petras showed to improve dramatically the last 2.5 games and will have spring ball this year. Tyler Goodson is one of the best backs in the conference. Sam LaPorta one of the best TEs. The WR group will be really solid and the schedule isn’t bad after the first two games.

Reactions: loper
Huskers just got another crystal ball for Ernest Hausmann which now has a 88 rating on 24/7 (which is basically a borderline 4 ⭐). Getting him would be huge. And at a position of need, OLB...GBR

As for the the post above this, why do you Iowa fans live on our board and worry so much what our (us Husker fans) opinions are? It’s a F_cking Husker board. Not an Iowa board. If you don’t want to see or hear bad things or hate about Iowa, then go to your own board. And I’d hope Iowa gets to 9 wins with those constant weak ass SOS’s the BIG 10 keeps handing them...SMH 🤦🏼‍♂️

Last edited:
Huskers just got another crystal ball for Ernest Hausmann which now has a 88 rating on 24/7 (which is basically a borderline 4 ⭐). Getting him would be huge. And at a position of need, OLB...GBR

As for the the post above this, why do you Iowa fans live on our board and worry so much what our opinions are? It’s a F_cking Husker board. Not an Iowa board. If you don’t want to see or hear bad thing or hate about Iowa, then go to your own board. And I’d hope Iowa gets 9 wins with those constant weak ass SOS...SMH 🤦🏼‍♂️

“Iowa will be Iowa, they will win 9+ games”. Like that’s just what they do, LOL. In their 120 year history, they have won 9+ games 17 times. In the last 10 years, 3 times.

“Iowa will be Iowa, they will win 9+ games”. Like that’s just what they do, LOL. In their 120 year history, they have won 9+ games 17 times. In the last 10 years, 3 times.
Yes sir, over the decade or so they average 7-8 wins per season. Not 9-10 wins per season. I’ll give them this much, they have been good the past several years but they also have a SOS that’s in the 2.00s (average). Huskers average a SOS that’s in the 5.12s or higher.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT