ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska’s Rivals recruiting ranking for 2022

I think it shows how much emphasis Nebraska is putting on the Iowa game. I’m not trying to be arrogant because winning the West hasn’t exactly been going through Iowa City but hear me out.

Iowa has started out hot each of the last three years. Usually, Nebraska would have rolled over against anyone else and against Iowa under Riley. But not under Frost. This scares me.

Vokolek made a comment last year about “needing to prepare each week like its Iowa”.

Frost called Iowa it’s rival last year. I think the comment was “if you can’t get up for your rival, then why are we here?”

Maybe it’s more Iowa letting Nebraska back in it with a pick six, fumbles when trying to put the game away, going for a fake FG instead of going up three scores (still pisses me off).
I guess it all depends on perspective.

I'm an old timer, so I don't even view or think of Iowa in any way as a rival or even being on the same level.

I know that the shine has worn off Nebraska a lot, but to me, I'm hoping it is just down like OU was for a number of years too.

I think Iowa has a decent program, but they have never really excelled at anything. I hold Kansas State in much higher regard when Synder had them in the top ten for a number of years. Even Colorado had a run for awhile.

I don't ever recall Iowa being relevant, but we were in another conference too, so I don't remember if they were.

I get why guys want to make Iowa/Nebraska a rivalry, but I have more love for Iowa State like a kid brother than I do for Iowa.

It's pretty obvious, I'm still stuck in the Big 12. I hope we get to go back some day. I don't like anything about the B1G or any of the schools in it.

Sorry, just my perspective.

I guess it all depends on perspective.

I'm an old timer, so I don't even view or think of Iowa in any way as a rival or even being on the same level.

I know that the shine has worn off Nebraska a lot, but to me, I'm hoping it is just down like OU was for a number of years too.

I think Iowa has a decent program, but they have never really excelled at anything. I hold Kansas State in much higher regard when Synder had them in the top ten for a number of years. Even Colorado had a run for awhile.

I don't ever recall Iowa being relevant, but we were in another conference too, so I don't remember if they were.

I get why guys want to make Iowa/Nebraska a rivalry, but I have more love for Iowa State like a kid brother than I do for Iowa.

It's pretty obvious, I'm still stuck in the Big 12. I hope we get to go back some day. I don't like anything about the B1G or any of the schools in it.

Sorry, just my perspective.
Perspective matters, you are correct. My examples are from the players and coaches perspective and not fans. Our perspectives don’t matter when it comes to Nebraska playing better against Iowa than other teams, seemingly.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
SWiowa, I’d agree SF first year Ioway let Nebraska back in it, last year was way different we had ioway on the ropes and handed the 4Q to ioway with Cam Taylor- Britt fumbled punt and had great field position on that position, on another position we Squandered another opportunity late in the game...
First two years for sure. An argument could be made for last year with Iowa getting out to a 10-0 and 13-6 lead. Same script as the first two but as you pointed out, after Nebraska got up a TD, they were the ones that made the big mistake.

Iowa just hasn’t been able to put Nebraska away once getting out to an early lead against Frost for some reason. Hopefully, next year. 😉

“Does the data show a turning point with the 4th class?”

I have no clue who you was talking to or wanting to answer but I’ll say this much. There has never been a pandemic that’s affected college football like it did last season. So there is nothing to compare it to and go off of. Myself, I’m waiting to see how this next season goes with a normal offseason, S&C, training, spring and fall practices and etc. before saying much more. Depending how next season goes, then I’ll chime in but not after a pandemic and that mess happened.

Yes, that's true enough sir. Indeed, it was a horrible mess for everyone last year.

Reactions: saltsdogg
ADVERTISEMENT