ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska’s new rock bottom already includes talk of firing Scott Frost

Firing Coach Frost?? Less than a year ago they were inserting his name in for Chuck Norris jokes. Try firing Chuck Norris. You'll get the same result.

Maybe not a good comparison. Chuck has been replaced by a pickup.

There is no actual talk though, just USA Today speculating for clicks. Even the posters on here losing their minds, calling the staff stupid, accusing them of throwing the team under the bus, etc, etc, etc haven’t even said the “f” word, that I have seen.
This team is horrible, the coaching is questionable at time, the talent is D2 level, Its bad. I think all of us realize this is the last shot. If Frost doesn't succeed , Nebraska football is done for good. Forever to be mentioned in the same breath as Minnesota, Purdue, and Illinois. So I think while some of us bitch and complain about things, we still 100% support Frost being here. Trust he is the best guy for the job.

I think all of us realize this is the last shot. If Frost doesn't succeed , Nebraska football is done for good. Forever to be mentioned in the same breath as Minnesota, Purdue, and Illinois.

I don't think so. Nebraska was a great program before WW2. We were the only team to beat the legendary 4 Horsemen of ND; and we did it TWICE. Nebraska was horrible in the 50s and you couldnt sell a ticket for a penny. We were rock bottom.

But!!!! We bounced back with Bob. The rest is history.

We will be down for a bit, but we will get back up

So, they say the search may have already started. Amazing. I guess that gives the message boards something else to speculate about. Nothing like keeping the based fired up.

I don't think so. Nebraska was a great program before WW2. We were the only team to beat the legendary 4 Horsemen of ND; and we did it TWICE. Nebraska was horrible in the 50s and you couldnt sell a ticket for a penny. We were rock bottom.

But!!!! We bounced back with Bob. The rest is history.

We will be down for a bit, but we will get back up
True. What do you think happened to Min? Why can't they return to greatness?

I've seen plenty of DB's on the free board and scrolls calling for Frost to be fired well before yesterday, I'm of the firm belief they should have their asses handed to them on a platter! My opinion!

I have stated that our staff is in over their heads, but they are young. And the AAC is not the B1G, which has many excellent coaching staffs on the majority of teams. But we, as fans, must be really careful not to rush to quick, premature opinions that the answer is always another staff. That has a lot to do with why we're in the situation we find ourselves. I will continue to support head coach SF for as long as necessary. To me, we have no other viable options than to be patient and hope for the best. In the meantime, we're going to hear a lot of smack - ignore them as much as possible and they'll go away.

It was poor management at UNL that made the decision to fire Riley. It set the program back years, but it calmed the rioting masses for a while. Similarly, it would be a terrible idea fire Frost. He should have five years, unless he proves to have character issues that reflect badly on the University.

It was poor management at UNL that made the decision to fire Riley. It set the program back years, but it calmed the rioting masses for a while. Similarly, it would be a terrible idea fire Frost. He should have five years, unless he proves to have character issues that reflect badly on the University.

Hi Mike. Thanks for stopping by.

I don't think you fire him yet, but he's certainly looking like a fraud right now.

If you let Scott go on like this, there is a chance he takes the program down and does real long term damage.

You have to have someone talk some sense into that stubborn sob.. and get him to change his god awful defensive scheme.

People are simply trying to sell clicks and publications and subscriptions. SF has at least a 2 year Honeymoon, and he has earned that. He needs better players, and players that will play his way.

People are simply trying to sell clicks and publications and subscriptions. SF has at least a 2 year Honeymoon, and he has earned that. He needs better players, and players that will play his way.

Yep, entirely this. they are selling clicks. I don't know of anyone who thinks Frost shouldn't be here.

We are all disappointed, but seriously, one look at this roster tells you all you need to know about why he needed a 7 year deal.

This season has completely sucked and this staff has shown some warts at times, but good grief, any talk of firing Frost is just stupid. This staff needs time to prove themselves. I won't even give an article like that a click because that's all they want.

Reactions: SC_'sker
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT