ADVERTISEMENT

Neb and Kansas to the SEC

^^^^^They absolutely are, however, the athletic programs attribute to the success to those programs as well... it's a symbiotic relationship

Its amazing that people still believe that conference affiliation decisions are being made by athletic directors or that sports programs are a major factor. Universities are academic institutions first and foremost. The decision to affiliate with other universities is made by boards, trustees, or other controlling entities and academic considerations are central and primary.
So IF texass and ou move to the SEC it's for the academics?

With OU and Texas going to the SEC, there's zero chance the BIG wants NU gone... They need to hold on to any school that has the slightest bit of tradition and clout in college football, just to hopefully maintain an illusion they are on par with the SEC.
Let's face it, with this new move the Big 10 is going to slide a little (a little MORE) on the college football relevancy scale.

Reactions: AnyOneButYou
The Big 10 has hurt Nebraska. What good does a season of playing Purdue and Northwestern do for the program? Where are all of those big time Illinois and Indiana recruits? Play games in Louisiana and Georgia instead.
Not true. The conference affiliation had little if anything to do with NU's football issues. Try poor leadership at the Athletic Dept. and decisions in coaching for about 90% of it. It didn't have to be where it is today if their had been good leadership running things. Our issues would have existed if we were in the BIG 10, Big 12 or any conference.

NU is still a sought after prize. NU ranks #10 in richest college 5 programs nationally (see link). Any conference would want that! But we need to get the football issues figured out ASAP for our fan base to be happy again.

https://www.pennlive.com/pennstatef...-programs-new-revenue-figures-for-all-65.html

Reactions: BleedRed78
Nebraska should have sought admittance into the SEC from the get go and let Missouri have the B1G. I think MU telegraphing their talks with the B1G fired up the engines at Nebraska and here we are. The way it's going, it ultimately won't matter IMO but have that recruiting ties to the south US would have been fan freaking tastic, in the mean time.

Texas and Oklahoma to the SEC.

Nebraska and Kansas to the SEC.

Try going to an SEC board and floating those two options and see what kind of response you get?
Ha Ha! It would be ugly.

SEC isn’t the slightest bit concerned with what a school brings for basketball.

Baseball is the second sport at most SEC schools. Until you experience it, it’s really hard to put into words how little the SEC cares about basketball.

Nebraska’s football tradition would give them a better chance of getting into the SEC than ku getting in for basketball.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
Where have you heard this? I admit I live in Pa but honestly I’ve never heard or read anything from other B1G schools about being unhappy with Nebraska
Exactly. The loss of Nebraska would piss off half of the schools in the B1G. Currently we give them a shot at beating a "blue blood".

Why the heck not? I know people look at the program now and think we can't compete, but that is after the disastrous effects of moving to a conference with no recruiting value for NU. Moving to the SEC would improve recruiting 100-fold. Kansas would be a huge win for the SEC in basketball. OU and Texas will have. hard time getting out of the Big 12 because of opposition from Texas and Okie St, but NU and Kansas could more easily make the move.

NU to the SEC? Give me one good reason why they'd want us. (Keep in mind, every reason had better include millions of dollars and television viewers).

The problem with this is we live in a different world where what you have done lately counts more. They could care less about our 5 NC's and tradition but will remember every comment about the B1G and how we haven't lived up to our end of the bargain.
IF a bargain was made it was for Nebraska to live up to their own tradition not some elusive "Big10's" expectations.

Go Blue!

Reactions: Sinomatic
The Big 10 has hurt Nebraska. What good does a season of playing Purdue and Northwestern do for the program? Where are all of those big time Illinois and Indiana recruits? Play games in Louisiana and Georgia instead.
It‘s not the Big Ten’s fault that Nebraska sucks at football lately.
Accepting that reality is the first step in fixing the problem.
Nebraska has has some excellent recruiting classes on paper, and they play in the West. A winnable division.

Reactions: Sinomatic
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT