ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Tournament

That last 3 min. was bad. UCF had every right to be up 6. Just looked odd on several accounts - missed bunnies, no care on rebounding, no urgency to guard the three (some they just begged shooters to make and they did), then the refs with odd calls or lack thereof. CBB is getting tougher by the year to enjoy.

Too much money involved to let Dook lose. Total push off... I dont blame Barrett for doing it. He was probably told to. If they do call the foul on him (which was blatant) They just put the guy from UCF on the line and get a chance to tie or win it with 10 secs left but the gutless refs knew that would cost the NCAA millions in viewership. Feel bad for the kids from UCF they were robbed by your normal DOOK homers. Could have easily called a foul on the last shot of the game also.

Coach K not having his team foul a 35% free throw shooter every time he touched the ball in the bonus was stupid. Would've used walkons to intentionally foul Tacko until UCF took him off the floor.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Too much money involved to let Dook lose. Total push off... I dont blame Barrett for doing it. He was probably told to. If they do call the foul on him (which was blatant) They just put the guy from UCF on the line and get a chance to tie or win it with 10 secs left but the gutless refs knew that would cost the NCAA millions in viewership. Feel bad for the kids from UCF they were robbed by your normal DOOK homers. Could have easily called a foul on the last shot of the game also.

At worst that was a charge on Zion, no question about it.. can’t call a foul on the prima donna.

Last edited:
I told my son (who likes Dook.. Sorry) that this is exactly why many despise the Bloodevils. They always get the calls, the players, the breaks and always have a Dook alum calling their games. They are the Notre Dame of basketball and it draws ratings because half like them and half hate them. I just cant stand them but Im probably just a poor loser. Im done bitching about it. GBR

Reactions: scarletred
I told my son (who likes Dook.. Sorry) that this is exactly why many despise the Bloodevils. They always get the calls, the players, the breaks and always have a Dook alum calling their games. They are the Notre Dame of basketball and it draws ratings because half like them and half hate them. I just cant stand them but Im probably just a poor loser. Im done bitching about it. GBR

I never have hated them, but they are lucky Bastards when it comes to Basketball...

Reactions: BigBallerRed
I guess the old saying goes.... Better to be lucky than good any day.
They are pretty good also though. Not gonna deny that.

Well in the Husker game it looks as if Palmer and Roby want the season to wrap up tonight. Palmer 0 points and Roby 3 fouls and maybe 2 points.

What game did you watch? You think UCF was robbed? Lol....

Zion pushed off on his bucket and Barrett shoved the rebounder on the foul shot. Pretty easy to see.

UCF flopped, and there was no foul on the rebound. Quit trying to make basketball pussier then it had already become. Good god!

You breath on someone and their guy flies into the 5th row like he got shot with a bazooka.

UCF flopped, and there was no foul on the rebound. Quit trying to make basketball pussier then it had already become. Good god!
Ok so you agree that Zion wasn’t fouled on the and one? Let’s stop making basketball “pussier” then it has become, right?

I think there are a lot of people that dislike duke as much as they like their own teams, and they grasp at straws in close games like this to try to make it all seem like a big conspiracy, when UCF had the favorable whistle all game long.

Reactions: Tuco Salamanca

Flop, the major theme of everybody playing against Zion and RJ Barrett. Teams have figured out nobody in college can guard these two so it's the flavor of the week. Both guys should average 10 foul shots a game. Both guys play through more contact than any players in a long time.

Reactions: Jnood
Ok so you agree that Zion wasn’t fouled on the and one? Let’s stop making basketball “pussier” then it has become, right?

Zion Williamson gets hacked a ton with no calls. Nobody in college has a chance guarding him.

Flop, the major theme of everybody playing against Zion and RJ Barrett. Teams have figured out nobody in college can guard these two so it's the flavor of the week. Both guys should average 10 foul shots a game. Both guys play through more contact than any players in a long time.

I’m actually blown away after watching the game, that people have taken away from it, that Duke got away with something in order to win this game. They were lucky to have avoided a loss on the final sequence, UCF deserves a lot of credit for playing as well as they did, but there Is a lot that people routing against Duke are conveniently glossing over.

Just looked it up. Barrett ranks in the 40s in free throw attempts and Zion is 79th (lol). Hell, Palmer from Nebraska is 2nd in the country in foul shot attempts. Guess Nebraska is getting all the calls....

I’m actually blown away after watching the game, that people have taken away from it, that Duke got away with something in order to win this game. They were lucky to have avoided a loss on the final sequence, UCF deserves a lot of credit for playing as well as they did, but there Is a lot that people routing against Duke are conveniently glossing over.

There is nothing worse than a Duke fan arguing that calls were not missed...

1. Every single game for every team has missed calls and bad calls, right? (Yes, you agree with that, we all do)

2. Since you agree with #1...you need to understand that you sound like a super dork now.

Before the FT, UCF asked the refs to watch the hook, and the push on the rebound.

Clearly, UCF was WAY off base. I mean, no way he was held from rebounding...

D2diDUyXQAIEU_u.jpg

UCF called a TO to have the refs look at the hook and hold, they refused. That is unreal. All they had to do was take a look but declined. How can you explain that Dook fans. Not cool, no words to explain that? I know it sounds like sour grapes cuz Dook won and UCF got screwed but for a minute can you imagine the whining bitches from Dook complaining about a hook and hold or a charge on Zion. Im a Husker fan so I'm not going to stand up for dook. They have got away with alot of shit over the years and I love to see them lose just as much as I like to see Iowa lose. Now hate on me all you want but If you ain't for the Huskers, you're against the Huskers. Dook got lucky.. own it. Still got the W. Only thing worse than people complaining about dook is the dookies defending the weak ass calls.

Reactions: dinglefritz
UCF called a TO to have the refs look at the hook and hold, they refused. That is unreal. All they had to do was take a look but declined. How can you explain that Dook fans. Not cool, no words to explain that? I know it sounds like sour grapes cuz Dook won and UCF got screwed but for a minute can you imagine the whining bitches from Dook complaining about a hook and hold or a charge on Zion. Im a Husker fan so I'm not going to stand up for dook. They have got away with alot of shit over the years and I love to see them lose just as much as I like to see Iowa lose. Now hate on me all you want but If you ain't for the Huskers, you're against the Huskers. Dook got lucky.. own it. Still got the W. Only thing worse than people complaining about dook is the dookies defending the weak ass calls.

With the way the rule is written this is the same foul as an elbow to the face...which means they are supposed to look at it.

I think the rule is stupid but it is in fact a rule. So lets play it out in the real world.

1. Play gets reviewed
2. Hook and hold flagrant 1 is called, basket doesn't count. (UCF up 1 still)
3. Coach K freaks out, technical is assessed.
4. UCF shoots (4 FT's? Is that correct) and gets the ball.
5. They make 3/4, they are up 4 with the ball and 10 seconds left.

Are you mentally challenged? They could have opted for the simple pass on that alley oop, have Tacko not make that idiotic foul with a three point lead or not missed a 2 ft put back to win. They just crumbled under the pressure and let Duke off the hook.

Sure, but it doesn't mean they are wrong, correct?

It’s weird. I’ve never watch another teams game and put together a power point presentation about things the refs missed. Or send death threats to refs. I actually have never worried one bit about another teams outcome. I don’t think you’re correct, or even care, but you’re very good at counting!

It’s weird. I’ve never watch another teams game and put together a power point presentation about things the refs missed. Or send death threats to refs. I actually have never worried one bit about another teams outcome. I don’t think you’re correct, but you’re very good at counting!

But you do come and complain about people complaining about Duke games on a Husker board?

You know what that means right? It means do you think I am correct.

Ted Bundy thinks it is weird that you are trying to defend Duke on a Husker board.

And, thank you, I also think I am good at counting. I appreciate that.

And if the UCF player catches the lob and dunks the ball, UCF goes up 6 (76-70) with 1:55 or so to go in the game. Instead, Duke comes down and Reddish hits a 3 to make it (74-73).

The also called the phantom charge on Zion with 2:43 to go.

Or, you can go watch the play where Fall didn't get called for the foul on Williamson under the basket.

The point is you can go back and look at every play and reverse the outcome, or complain about a missed call.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT