ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Tournament

NMSU ouch
Guy passes up a layup to tie the game, gets bailed out by a foul, and then his teammate can only sink one of three FTs. It's like the basketball gods decided you can't make that stupid of a play and still win.

Reactions: jeans15
Auburn played about as dumb as you can the last minute. Deserved to lose.

Belmont up 6 over Maryland at the half. Probably won't hold up, but hope it does. Cannot stomach Turgeon.

The few games are always less fun, because I root for my bracket. After I lose a few games and realize my bracket is pathetic, then I am all in for the underdogs.

Yikes, didn't like Belmont's strategy at the end at all. Why run the clock down so far when you're down a point, allowing Maryland to only really play defense for about 4-5 seconds? And why use your last timeout, when that means all the Terps have to do is miss the free throw? Good game, but thought Belmont's coach spit the bit (racing pun intended) at the end.

Last edited:
Michigan State holds off 15th seeded Bradley. With that win MSU matches their deepest tourney run in the last 4 years. More Izzo March magic.

Reactions: timnsun
Gardner-Webb: are they going for the second-biggest win in program history today?

I still have 15 out of my Sweet 16 teams left on ESPN and Yahoo. Picked the wrong 5-12 upset and didn't call the Iowa upset either. We do a blind pull at work, and I pulled Buffalo, Gonzaga, and North Carolina, so hoping for at least a Final 4 team to make a few bucks there.

Did anyone ever give you crap about Oregon making the tournament? I’m not at all sad that Wisconsin is knocked out btw
Oregon got an automatic bid by winning the PAC 12 tournament, which wasnt a huge surprise given how bad the league was. They were not getting an at-large bid if they didn’t win it, which is what that exchange was about. The pundits seem to think Oregon winning the tourney cost NC State a bid.

Haha I didn’t even know they won their tournament but that makes sense. I really haven’t watched nearly as much hoops this year for whatever reason.

Officiating tilting OSU-ISU game to Buckeyes. Why teams are at the mercy of the refs in tight games. Decided the outcome in this case.

Lots of ISU fans on Twitter now want Prohm to go to Alabama and bring The Mayor home. Next week will be interesting.

UCF wins a tourney game - they had never won a game in the tourney before

UCF wins a tourney game - they had never won a game in the tourney before

Was that Wafford who won their first game too or I’m thinking it was just Library?.

Like Murray St and Buffalo as underdogs more than 2 points,underdogs like LSU and Maryland or KU and Auburn..

Oregon got an automatic bid by winning the PAC 12 tournament, which wasnt a huge surprise given how bad the league was. They were not getting an at-large bid if they didn’t win it, which is what that exchange was about. The pundits seem to think Oregon winning the tourney cost NC State a bid.

Heck of a run by that bubble team.

Heck of a run by that bubble team.
Too bad those other bubble teams like Iona, Gardner-Webb and North Dakota State didn’t fare as well. But they were bubble teams - really they were.

Last edited:
I thought bubble teams were the ones that didn’t qualify automatically..

Once a team wins their conference tournament their no longer a bubble team.;)

I thought bubble teams were the ones that didn’t qualify automatically..

Once a team wins their conference tournament their no longer a bubble team.;)
I used to think that teams whose only remaining path to an NCAA bid was winning the conference tournament were, by definition, not bubble teams. But now we’ve been educated by people who really know college basketball.

Oregon was a bubble team. The bubble teams that just barely make the tourney are seeded 11th. Oregon did as good as they could possibly do, thus improving their bubble status. Oregon was then seeded 12th.

This is an incoherent take, unless you're from Iowa.

Reactions: schuele
Thank God Dinglefritz source was wrong about Turgeon being the next Head Coach at Nebraska...

Man he is hard to stomach..

I just hope LSU can get its act together and win this game. Don’t want to see the whiny entitled douche in the Sweet 16.

Reactions: scarletred
LSU just clueless against this zone. Keeping settling for bombs from 25 feet out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT