ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Tournament Regional Scores & Super Regional Matchups (6/6)

Alum-Ni

Administrator
Gold Member
Aug 29, 2004
Corvallis Region
Oregon State won region

Clemson Region
Vanderbilt 8, Clemson 0 (Clemson eliminated)

Long Beach Region
Long Beach State 2, Texas 1 (Texas eliminated)

Palo Alto Region
Cal State-Fullerton won region

Lubbock Region
Sam Houston State 4, Texas Tech 3 (Texas Tech eliminated)

Tallahassee Region
Florida State 6, Auburn 0 (Auburn eliminated)

Hattiesburg Region
Mississippi State 8, Southern Mississippi 1
Mississippi State 8, Southern Mississippi 6 (Southern Miss eliminated)

Baton Rouge Region
LSU won region

Chapel Hill Region
Davidson won region

Houston Region
Texas A&M 4, Houston 3 (Houston eliminated)

Lexington Region
Kentucky 10, North Carolina State 5 (NC State eliminated)

Louisville Region
Louisville won region

Fort Worth Region
Dallas Baptist 11, Virginia 8 (Virginia eliminated)
TCU 15, Dallas Baptist 3 (Dallas Baptist eliminated)

Fayetteville Region
Missouri State 3, Arkansas 2 (Arkansas eliminated)

Winston-Salem Region
Wake Forest won region

Gainesville Region
Florida 6, Bethune-Cookman 1 (Bethune-Cookman eliminated)

Super Regional Matchups

Series begin on Friday, June 9

Corvallis Super Region (8:00 p.m. - ESPN2)
Vanderbilt (36-23-1) at Oregon State (52-4)

Long Beach Super Region (5:00 p.m. - ESPN2)
Cal State-Fullerton (37-21) at Long Beach State (41-18-1)

College Station Super Region (2:00 p.m. - ESPN2)
Davidson (35-24) at Texas A&M (39-21)

Louisville Super Region (11:00 a.m. - ESPN2)
Kentucky (43-21) at Louisville (50-10)

Series begin on Saturday, June 10

Tallahassee Super Region (11:00 a.m. - ESPN2)
Sam Houston State (44-21) at Florida State (43-21)

Baton Rouge Super Region (8:00 p.m. - ESPN2)
Mississippi State (40-25) at LSU (46-17)

Fort Worth Super Region (5:00 p.m. - ESPNU)
Missouri State (43-18) at TCU (45-16)

Gainesville Super Region (2:00 p.m. - ESPN)
Wake Forest (42-18) at Florida (45-17)

Five national seeds advanced to the Supers. The three losers were..

Stanford, lost to 2 seed CS Fullerton - No shocker what with Fullerton being Fullerton and baseball being baseball.

Texas Tech, lost to 3 seed Sam Houston St - Oops, Red raiders stepped on their dick.

North Carolina lost to 4 seed Davidson - Who??? Something stupid like this happens just about every year. But UNC is a really good ball team. This shouldn't have happened. No way, Jose. Maybe this is more like baseball being baseball but these things drive me nutz.

Four of the other eight hosts also lost but there was no shocker in the bunch given that the winners are all pretty good baseball programs.

The hardest road to victory by a host was trekked by Florida St. Five games. Lost the opener then came all the way back thru the loser bracket winning four straight.

Long Beach St and Kentucky also went five games but they both won the first game and then the last three.

Florida was the only host winner at four games going WWLW.

Five of the 16 hosts breezed to a 3-0 regional championship..
Oregon St
LSU
TCU
Louisville
Wake Forest

Of the seven non-host winners, Mississippi St joined FSU on the long road back thru the loser bracket going LWWWW.

Sam Houston St also went five but they won the first game. Then they finished by beating Arizona and took the two final games from Texas Tech for a surprising championship.

Vanderbilt and Missouri St won in four games.

Davidson (32-24, 13-11 in the Atlantic 10 Conference, RPI 124) not only shocked the world by winning, they double shocked by beating the #2 team in the country and.... swept in three for a triple shock. Good grief. I mean, criminy, they took six games to win the A10 conference tourney.

Non-hosts Fullerton and A&M also swept three games for their regional championships.

Last edited:
Reactions: RobsterMobster
Texas Tech, lost to 3 seed Sam Houston St - Oops, Red raiders stepped on their dick. Pencil in Rob Childress coming to Omaha. Feel good about A&M beating Sam Houston St.
You're probably right about A&M making the CWS, but A&M is playing Davidson, not Sam Houston St.

Reactions: k9_r
Those Championship games were intense. I love college baseball. After the initial shock of Nebraska going 2 and que I was able to just sit back and enjoy Sunday.

Those Championship games were intense. I love college baseball. After the initial shock of Nebraska going 2 and que I was able to just sit back and enjoy Sunday.
Supers next. Gonna be some good ones.

Yes, it made me realize how desperately I want to host a regional and be part of that environment again. A few other observations:

1. Some fan bases need shamed for all the empty seats while their teams were playing. Kentucky? Florida State? Hello?
2. It pains me to see how many schools have gone to an all-FieldTurf surface. A ground ball to center shouldn't create puffs of black rubber pellets as it bounces along. I pray this type of corner-cutting never happens in Lincoln.

2. It pains me to see how many schools have gone to an all-FieldTurf surface. A ground ball to center shouldn't create puffs of black rubber pellets as it bounces along. I pray this type of corner-cutting never happens in Lincoln.
I will say, having an all-Field Turf surface at the Big Ten tourney this year may be the only reason it was able to finish Sunday afternoon.

But I agree in general: natural is preferable to field turf.

Now bring back the Buck Beltzer AstroTurf infield!!!

Yes, it made me realize how desperately I want to host a regional and be part of that environment again. A few other observations:

1. Some fan bases need shamed for all the empty seats while their teams were playing. Kentucky? Florida State? Hello?
Ugh, yes. All turf everything makes me lose respect for the school itself. Especially if they are a southern school. Also helps me appreciate how gorgeous Hawks Field really is.

I will say, having an all-Field Turf surface at the Big Ten tourney this year may be the only reason it was able to finish Sunday afternoon.
It helped but only day 1 was affected by rain. The remaining schedule issues were self-inflicted.

Reactions: saluno22
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT