ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Regional Discussion Thread

Oklahoma and Miss State are tied going into the 4th, Oklahoma had a 5-0 lead at one point.

Vandy is beating St Johns 2-0 in the Top of the 6th but St Johns is threatening with runners on 1st and 3rd with one out.

Florida and Columbia are tied 3-3 in the Bottom of the 4th and Florida is threatening to add more runs.

Washington up on UCONN 2-1 in the heading to the 7th inning.

South Florida up on Okie State 1-0 in the Top of the 3rd.

Florida now up 5-3 in the Bottom of the 4th and still threatening to score more runs with nobody out and two on

The Big Ten went 1-3 yesterday with host Minnesota getting the only win.
And none of those losses were close...
(3) Texas A&M 10, (2) Indiana 3
(3) Houston 9, (2) Purdue 1
(2) South Carolina 8, (3) Ohio State 3

But how about these upsets...
(4) Army 5, (1*) NC State 1
(4) Samford 7, (1!) Florida State 6 (Samford at one point led 6-1)
* #16 National Seed
! #7 National Seed

And near-upsets...
(1^) Clemson 4, (4) Morehead State 3 (10 innings)
(1&) Stanford 4, (4) Wright State 3 (13 innings)
^ #10 National Seed
& #2 National Seed

At this stage, wins are wins, though.

Last edited:
Reactions: RobsterMobster
It is odd how successful Florida State’s resumé is yet they can’t ever win the big one. Always feel like they underperform in the post season which is odd to say considering their amount of CWS appearances.

Reactions: saluno22
It is odd how successful Florida State’s resumé is yet they can’t ever win the big one. Always feel like they underperform in the post season which is odd to say considering their amount of CWS appearances.
Indeed. I knew they've never won the CWS, but had to look up how many times they've been there...

22 Appearances
29-44 Record
3 Title Game Appearances
0 Championships

Twice they have lost one-run games back when it was a single-game championship:
1970 L 1-2 (15 innings) vs. USC
1999 L 5-6 vs. Miami

Reactions: RobsterMobster
Ohio State and UNC-Wilmington are tied at 3 in the 13th inning of an elimination game.
Purdue is crushing NC A&T 14-3 in the 8th inning of an elimination game.
Indiana defeated Texas Southern 6-0 in an elimination game.

Minnesota plays UCLA at 7pm CDT tonight in a winners' bracket game.

... and #7 National Seed Florida State has been eliminated, losing 2-3 vs. Mississippi State.

Ohio State also has been eliminated. Indiana and Purdue won their elimination games. Minnesota-UCLA to start shortly.

Indeed. I knew they've never won the CWS, but had to look up how many times they've been there...

22 Appearances
29-44 Record
3 Title Game Appearances
0 Championships

Twice they have lost one-run games back when it was a single-game championship:
1970 L 1-2 (15 innings) vs. USC
1999 L 5-6 vs. Miami
I seem to remember that they've lost in the Super Regionals a lot, so I checked the records. From 2001-2016, they lost in the Supers 10 times, including 5 straight from 2001-2005. and 3 of 4 years from 2013-2016. They lost in the regionals 3 times and made the CWS 3 times in that period. It seems like most of the regional and super regional losses have come at home too-just like this year. They have the longest streak of regional appearances at 41 straight, but very little to show for it. They may be the most underachieving team in the postseason.

Indiana is absolutely blowing up A&M. 9-0 top of the 1st, last three runs came off the 2nd home run of the inning. Wow.

Indiana is absolutely blowing up A&M. 9-0 top of the 1st, last three runs came off the 2nd home run of the inning. Wow.
Indiana is a sleeping giant if they find a way to put it all together at the right time. Inconsistency has killed then this year.

Am I the only man who dreams of taking a Louisville slugger to the jaw of that whistling freak from Vanderbilt? Two prime seats for sale to ANY games they play in if they make it here.

Last edited:
Big Ten teams in action today...

(3) Houston eliminated (2) Purdue (1-2) earlier today, 8-4.
(2) Indiana (2-1) scored 9 in T1 and held on over (3) Texas A&M to eliminate the Aggies, 9-7.

(1) Minnesota (2-0) trails (2) UCLA 4-5 T3.

(2) Indiana (2-1) plays (1) Texas (2-0) at 8pm CDT.

(1) Texas eliminated (2) Indiana, 3-2.
(1) Minnesota eliminated (2) UCLA, 13-8.

#14 Minnesota (41-13, RPI#12) will travel to #3 Oregon State (47-10-1, RPI#5), who also swept their regional as the host.

MINNESOTA
W 10-1 vs. (4) Canisius
W 3-2 vs. (2) UCLA
W 13-8 vs. (2) UCLA

OREGON STATE
W 9-3 vs. (4) Northwestern State
W 14-1 vs. (2) LSU
W 12-0 vs. (2) LSU

I'm sure Oregon State and LSU are sick of playing each other. Here are the results from last year's CWS:
Game 6: Oregon State 13-1
Game 11: LSU 3-1
Game 13: LSU 6-1

OU out today vs Miss St.

So Carolina advances

Duke/Ga in decisive game now Ga up 2-0 top 3
Tenn Tech thrashed Ole Miss, decisive game at 6 cst

The SEC is a suparb baseball conference and it isn’t even close. Impressive watching them all play this weekend. I watch a lot of baseball but they sure know how to turn it on during regional time.

Tennessee Tech eliminates Ole Miss to become the 15th team to make it to a Super Regional. Now a winner take all matchup between Florida and Florida Atlantic for the 16th and final spot.

The SEC is a suparb baseball conference and it isn’t even close. Impressive watching them all play this weekend. I watch a lot of baseball but they sure know how to turn it on during regional time.
Six SEC teams in the Supers. They are all paired against each other guaranteeing three SEC teams to Omaha.

Or are they limiting the SEC to just three CWS teams???

ADVERTISEMENT