ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Regional Bracket

RobsterMobster

Administrator
Jan 5, 2010
Four Big Ten teams made it in and overall I think the matchups give all four a chance. Minnesota hosts (#14 overall seed) as Indiana and Purdue were given 2 seeds and Ohio State received a 3 seed. Illinois was the only bubble team in the conference as they were part of the last 4 out. Their 47 RPI was just a tad too high to sneak in.

Nebraska played 6 teams that made the field (Indiana, Minnesota, Ohio State, Oral Roberts, Northwestern State, and Oregon State) finishing with a 5-10 record against those teams, splitting a 2 game series against ORU and NSU while losing the other 4 series.

Oral Roberts and Northwesern State got in with their conferences auto bid as 4 seeds.

Oregon State got in as the #3 overall seed and will play opposite of #14 Minnesota for a chance to face each other in the Super Regionals.

Reactions: saluno22
Wow, Michigan really played themselves out of the tournament by losing 7 of their last 9. Didn't they have a Top 10 recruiting class a couple years ago?

Wow, Michigan really played themselves out of the tournament by losing 7 of their last 9. Didn't they have a Top 10 recruiting class a couple years ago?
They also didn’t have a strong RPI because they didn’t schedule a tough OCC schedule and didn’t play some of the better teams in conference. They would have needed to win the tourney by the end of the year.

Indiana is another who didn’t do well down the stretch but a strong RPI pretty much assured them a spot.

Reactions: saluno22
I also see the Longhorn and SEC network as a couple of the promoted channels. Sick

Last edited:
Not a terrible year by Big Ten standards. Slowly the conference is getting better
If they can get 4-5 in a year that would be great. With 13 teams I hope that’s the goal every year. Now we just need them to show up and have a good showing.

Just dawned on me that if the tourney goes chalk to the CWS, here will be the first-round matchups:

BRACKET 1
#1 Florida (SEC) vs. #8 Georgia (SEC)
#4 Ole Miss (SEC) vs. #5 Arkansas (SEC)

BRACKET 2
#2 Stanford (PAC-12) vs. #7 Florida State (ACC)
#3 Oregon State (PAC-12) vs. #6 North Carolina (ACC)

An SEC bracket and a 2 PAC / 2 ACC bracket. Obviously there will be upsets along the way, but not sure how that worked out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT