ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA basketball tournaments cancelled

you're right! can't wait to see what you think about these posts next week, genius.
I got pretty good grades, but you're too kind with "genius" moniker. :Cool: I used up all my panic on bovine flatulence and the Emerald Ash Borer. I am going to weep, openly, when our 2 ash trees go down. Maybe you're right, and I will freak out about Corona in a week. We'll see, I guess.

the only way to flatten the curve is to begin taking drastic actions before they seem necessary

If it works, the dull will respond by claiming that these drastic measures were an over-reaction.

flatten-the-curve-3.jpg
If the numbers stay down, you will automatically claim it was because of drastic action without any way of proving it.

This is an absolute over reaction.

It isnt until LATE JUNE.

Why not just, you know, play it by ear?

Why are they acting like there was a set deadline..Like......

”We must decide by 3pm March 12 whether or not to hold events which are to be held 90-100 days from now!!” with some guy wiping sweat from his brows and breathing heavily next to some control panel or something.

Why are we so easily and readily willing to let the economy tank even further when we have no idea what the future holds? And does anyone here honestly think Omaha wouldn't be a little flexible? The park is empty year round.

Was there really no way to take it week by week and see if some of the season/CWS could be salvaged? Im sorry but if you don't think so you are simply extreme and very biased, hoping to milk this for all its worth for political points.
This doesn't make sense and a lot of people could end up being needlessly harmed long term.

I am in 100% agreement with SEC Commissioner Greg Sankey on this.

His quote: “I’m surprised we’ve made a decision in March not to hold baseball and softball events in June. I’d love to know what went into those decisions," Sankey said.

Sounds like the SEC is doing the “play it by ear” game and beng logical about this instead of cancelling their season. IF they play I hope ESPN picks up all their games and the sec gets even more powerful.

Meanwhile, Omaha will lose 70million dollars in revenue because of a March 12 decision.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
This is an absolute over reaction.

It isnt until LATE JUNE.

Why not just, you know, play it by ear?

Why are they acting like there was a set deadline..Like......

”We must decide by 3pm March 12 whether or not to hold events which are to be held 90-100 days from now!!” with some guy wiping sweat from his brows and breathing heavily next to some control panel or something.

Why are we so easily and readily willing to let the economy tank even further when we have no idea what the future holds? And does anyone here honestly think Omaha wouldn't be a little flexible? The park is empty year round.

Was there really no way to take it week by week and see if some of the season/CWS could be salvaged? Im sorry but if you don't think so you are simply extreme and very biased, hoping to milk this for all its worth for political points.
This doesn't make sense and a lot of people could end up being needlessly harmed long term.

His quote: “I’m surprised we’ve made a decision in March not to hold baseball and softball events in June. I’d love to know what went into those decisions," Sankey said.

Sounds like the SEC is doing the “play it by ear” game and beng logical about this instead of cancelling their season. IF they play I hope ESPN picks up all their games and the sec gets even more powerful.

Meanwhile, Omaha will lose 70million dollars in revenue because of a March 12 decision.

Aint I a horses patut.

Well I thought it said BASEBALL not basketball, so obviously my posts are slightly off topic. My point still stands.

As far as ncaa basketball goes, I think they could have just started later with fewer teams....at least have that as an option.

(BTW how is there no CWS thread on this board??)

you're right! can't wait to see what you think about these posts next week, genius.

Next week I'll think you're overreacting. And the week after. And the week after.

You remember the Swine Flu right? It was a pandemic too.

The difference is this started in China and the death rate was incorrectly hyped.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
Next week I'll think you're overreacting. And the week after. And the week after.

You remember the Swine Flu right? It was a pandemic too.

The difference is this started in China and the death rate was incorrectly hyped.

my comments about the poster comparing deaths to the flu stand. this will outpace the flu in terms of deaths, making his post, as stated, idiotic.

if you think posting that is an overreaction, so be it.

I got pretty good grades, but you're too kind with "genius" moniker. :Cool: I used up all my panic on bovine flatulence and the Emerald Ash Borer. I am going to weep, openly, when our 2 ash trees go down. Maybe you're right, and I will freak out about Corona in a week. We'll see, I guess.
my comment had nothing to do with your reaction, but with your comparison to flu.

posted in another thread - but baseball, softball, track and other spring sports are all huge money losers for schools -- they are not going to be quick to reinstate - big cost savings by not having them

there are really only 2 division 1 schools that are concerned about the effects of not having the CWS on Omaha -- one is located in Omaha, the other in Lincoln

Reactions: leodisflowers
posted in another thread - but baseball, softball, track and other spring sports are all huge money losers for schools -- they are not going to be quick to reinstate - big cost savings by not having them

there are really only 2 division 1 schools that are concerned about the effects of not having the CWS on Omaha -- one is located in Omaha, the other in Lincoln
Oh ok that makes everything ok for the overall economy/panic/hysteria.

I feel so much better about all this knee-jerk reaction.

ADVERTISEMENT