May 29, 2001
The amount of stupid on the left is unreal. No wonder you fall for hoaxes

Reactions: HuskerCK

madbird

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Nov 30, 2004
10 second explanation…..

Vaccines prevent disease. Almost everything in medicine treats disease once it has appeared.

Use polio for example. Before vaccinations, there were iron lung companies; hospitals dedicated to polio patients that had disabilities; companies that made braces/crutches. Polio was a huge money maker even in a time of before government wellness programs. When polio was eradicated in North America, all of those businesses vanished over a short period of time.

A twenty dollar Covid vaccination x 300,000,000 doses is a lot of money. No doubt. But, the average COVID hospital admission is $65,000. It would take only 92,000 hospital admissions to equal the same amount. Even though some companies would never admit it, they would make more money if a vaccine never came to be.
ok. well the broader 'health industry' in your example, definitely make more money in that scenario. don't know that it is true for the pharma co's specifically. guess i just don't see the stakeholders in the pharma boardroom being anything but thrilled with more and more vaccination$. but i'm willing to be wrong.

either way, thanks for the explanation.

Trike Rider

Blackshirt
Gold Member
Jan 6, 2009
https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/309762

NO NO NO NO NO

1627596468836.jpg

Reactions: HuskerCK

Hyattea

Defensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jan 27, 2012
Lincoln
Well the Bubonic plague killed about 60% of Europe's population, the spanish flu killed about 50 million people, Ebola was contained from spreading because most people died before they could infect others. So yea I guess if we do nothing and COVID mutates into something like the bubonic plague or spanish flu and kills 60% of the population its not big deal. The human immune system is an amazing thing for those in the 40% that survived.

Even if the long term consequences to your health are also unknown, like some survivors of the Spanish Flu who ended up with Enephalitis Lethargica years after and ended up in a catatonic state for the rest of their lives.
The bubonic plague was caused by feces and urine so... try again Nelson, I mean Matt

Reactions: JOHNNY N

Hyattea

Defensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jan 27, 2012
Lincoln
Just came at the cost of about 4 million deaths.

Also will point out that after the first wave, there was a whole bunch of random antibody tests so get a better idea of where things stood. But I am sure that Alex just forgot to mention these things…..

Yeah sure. All the while flu and pneumonia were zilch. But it’s covid.

if what you believe is true, why are Dems like you not blaming China and the dem fauci for making this thing in lab?

nelsonj22

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Sep 27, 2014
How would the vaccine companies make money if a good chunk of us have immunity now & we knew it?

Health care in this country has major conflicting interests & its shown in a massive way the last 18 months
That's what capitalistic healthcare leads too 🤷‍♂️

TinyGoat

Senior
Gold Member
Apr 22, 2011
For a minute I thought I was going to be bombarded with a bunch of annoying Nebraska football talk when I visited this site. Thank God I was able to uncover this gem of a conversation fueled by angry flat earthers, science deniers, and anti-vaxxers. I'm home, baby!

Reactions: kimaniismyffriend

FuzzyFreddy

Athletic Director
Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Infrastructure, vaccine rollout, beating an orange goober who says he could beat a George Washington/Honest Abe ticket, (he did it from his couch in the basement too), not tweeting like a school girl, walking up ramps fast and drinking water with one hand. The list is long and Big Balls Biden has only been in office 6 months!
Is that sarcasm? Otherwise, it is just stupidity. Here are some real issues. Inflation, Mexican border wide open bringing in death via covid to this country, highest death rate during Biden's reign from Covid, exploding debt, inability to hire workers because they're being paid not to work. Every other facet of life is worse.

But those mean tweets did stop. They were so hurtful I wanted to crawl up in a ball, suck my thumb, and beg for my mommy.

damcde

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 22, 2007
Yeah sure. All the while flu and pneumonia were zilch. But it’s covid.

if what you believe is true, why are Dems like you not blaming China and the dem fauci for making this thing in lab?

The most flu deaths in the last couple of decades in a season was ~60K in 2018. So even if you took that out, you still have 400K excess deaths in 2020. On top of that we actually ran more tests for influenza this than previous years. Why is it so hard for you to do your own research and not just sheep your way through life and just eat what ever BS your news source is telling you.

Furthermore, their isn’t any actual evidence supporting this was made in a lab. Most of the evidence supports the opposite actually. Now did it escape from a lab when they brought animals with Coronaviruses back to study, maybe. It is much more likely, although to say for certain one way or another is lying.

As for Fauci, you do understand that the director of NIAID doesn’t personally review all grants. I am pretty sure he has never reviewed any of my grants. The grant review process is done by a group of scientists across the country. Then for the grant, you have to actually do progress reports, showing that you are doing what you said you were going to do. On top of that, 750K over 5 years in science is not a lot of money at all. That is the equivalent of an R01, which is enough money for one Principal Investigator to run a lab with a couple of grad students and a post doc. So in a big institution like the Wuhan Viral Institute, the money we gave them is a small fraction of what they need to actually run the institute.

That said, we need to figure out where this came from. I don’t know anyone else who disagrees with that, including Fauci. However, that process isn’t going to happen overnite, especially with China involved who doesn’t like people poking around its country.

burntorange72

First Team All-Big Ten
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2004
Just came at the cost of about 4 million deaths.

Also will point out that after the first wave, there was a whole bunch of random antibody tests so get a better idea of where things stood. But I am sure that Alex just forgot to mention these things…..

Thank you for posting the news story. To be fair the official number is 400,000. The antidotal number,or best guess, is 4 million. Now I know you’ll come back with all kinds of justification that the 4 million is backed by data and far, far from antidotal and much closer to scientific truth than the official government number. Maybe it is, 400,000 seems way too low for a country of over abillion people, but I find it curious you never accept antidotal data until it justifies your position. On the other hand what if a very low number of deaths in India were true? This would be something that would justify further study. Dismissive thinking is often a mistake in science.

tobermeyer24

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
May 30, 2015
Thank you for posting the news story. To be fair the official number is 400,000. The antidotal number,or best guess, is 4 million. Now I know you’ll come back with all kinds of justification that the 4 million is backed by data and far, far from antidotal and much closer to scientific truth than the official government number. Maybe it is, 400,000 seems way too low for a country of over abillion people, but I find it curious you never accept antidotal data until it justifies your position. On the other hand what if a very low number of deaths in India were true? This would be something that would justify further study. Dismissive thinking is often a mistake in science.
Lol @antidotal.

Reactions: zar45

damcde

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 22, 2007
What are you talking about? The report has the link for the study they took the number from right there in the article. How is that anecdotal?

philosophusker

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
Jonesboro, Arkansas (York, NE originally)
It is a scientific fact the left is full of the mentally ill. Look in the mirror little guy.
Statistics show the majority of Pubes are too dumb to get into college. Many more Dems are college grads. This is just a fact.

Really makes you think.

I mean do we want this country run by smart college grads, or by you ignorant mental retards with zero critical thinking skills who have like a 70 IQ and drop out of high school?

Anyone dumb enough to vote for Trump is too dumb to know who should run the country. We can ALL agree on that, even the dumb people because they are so impressionable. Anyone who falls for all the lies on Fox News should lose their right to vote in my opinion.

No offense.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lar Gand

JOHNNY N

Athletic Director
Sep 24, 2003
Statistics show the majority of Pubes are too dumb to get into college. Many more Dems are college grads. This is just a fact.

Really makes you think.

I mean do we want this country run by smart college grads, or by you ignorant mental retards with zero critical thinking skills who have like a 70 IQ and drop out of high school?

Anyone dumb enough to vote for Trump is too dumb to know who should run the country. We can ALL agree on that, even the dumb people because they are so impressionable. Anyone who falls for all the lies on Fox News should lose their right to vote in my opinion.

No offense.
This dude voted for Biden. Lofl, what a garage human being.

• Haha
Reactions: jbskers

dee_s3

First Team All-Big Ten
Gold Member
Apr 11, 2008

Really makes you think.

No offense.
Phili, you can't brag on gender studies degrees or women masculinity arts. I know they made up the diversity jobs, so they have somewhere to go besides ANTIFA rallies.

Reactions: IowaHuskerFan3

Trike Rider

Blackshirt
Gold Member
Jan 6, 2009

Really makes you think.

No offense.
We are talking about mental illness. Either you lack the ability to comprehend simple sentences, or you fit into the statistically significant number of mentally ill leftoids.