ADVERTISEMENT

National College Baseball News: Vanderbilt To Make $10 Million In Renovations

RobsterMobster

Administrator
Jan 5, 2010
Vanderbilt will make $10 million in improvements to its baseball facilities, the school announced Tuesday. The project could begin as soon as the summer of 2016.

Approved by the Vanderbilt University Board of Trust, planned improvements focus on Memorial Gym, including expansion of the gym to just beyond the left-field wall, the relocation of batting cages to an existing below-ground level, renovations of the ground and top floors to house a classroom, cardio room, expanded weight room, recruiting area and offices for coaches and scouts, and the addition of a larger professional locker room for returning players. The weight room, which will be doubled in size, will also be used by the men’s and women’s basketball teams.

“We have placed the emphasis of this project where it should be—on the student-athletes,” athletics director David Williams said in a statement. “The new additions are designed to benefit them the most.”

Click HERE to continue reading article..

I am NOT a fan of any upgrades that make it more likely to get that whistling jackass back here for the CWS. That one moron alone completely ruined the atmosphere as far as I am concerned. I will no longer attend any CWS game with Vandy in it so long as that freak of nature is allowed to attend.

Couldn't agree more. I had to turn the sound down on my TV because of it. I can't imagine what it would have been like in person.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT