ADVERTISEMENT

Nate on radio...recruiting updates....

HBK4life

Nebraska Legend
Jan 24, 2004
North of Lincoln South of Heaven
---How much bigger can this class get? Sitting at 77 scholarship players today. Nate thinks we could see a class of 19 and maybe even 20 (without the + signees if we decide to go there). He thinks we may over-sign by a couple this year too taking us to 21 or 22 in the end. Thus this is the silver lining with losing Blades, Watts and perhaps KJ Jr. Thus going from a relatively small class to an average size class. He thinks Watts scholarship could go to an a additional DE or OLB in this class.

---As I posted in the thread on him Christian Tutt will not visit in July. Whole family will visit during in the season (Nate thinks it makes sense from a $$ standpoint if nothing else). Still a possibility he could commit before he visits but (like I said from the VIP story I read) looking like he will do it sometime during that visit or shortly after.

---Nate thinks there is still a chance the Huskers add a commit or two before the season starts. Someone like Cameron Brown (now a consensus 4*). His mother loved the FNL visit (got mom and that is more than half the battle). So he may want to get it out of the way before his senior season. He had talked about wanting to commit before the season before. Daniel Carson the big DE is the other possible commit. He is the #1 DE recruit on our board. The Huskers right now stand a really good chance of landing him. When is the question however, happening before the season would not be a surprise. Or early this fall on his OV.

---Lot of talk that Houston Griffith was all but sealed for Florida State of late. The OWH interviewed him and he was caught off guard by that (said Nebraska is still very much in it). Some source (agenda driven?) leaked it out and got recruiting experts etc thinking FSU was a lock. Houston likes to keep things close to the vest. He does not talk a lot. Lot of his unofficial visits he does not advertise or tell anyone. So know one knows until he shows up on campus. Not on social media telling where he is going well in advance. He and his family did take a visit to Tallahassee the weekend before he visited Lincoln. After the visit to FSU most in the media thought FSU was the team to beat. After the visit to Lincoln many of those folks flipped to Nebraska. Then for whatever reason they flipped back to FSU (sounds like the makings of a hit soap opera). Alot of that had to do with a friend of his from Chicago who also goes to IMG who just recently committed to FSU. Thus folks said 'okay he is going to follow his buddy.' Tim Brewster who is in charge of recruiting at FSU is a bit of a talker and more than likely put the word out that he was headed to FSU. However, this still has a long way to play out Nebraska is very much in play as a possible school for him and Nate does not see any commit coming anytime soon. Huskers are still in very good shape here.

Red Reign, Today at 1:19 PM

---Munson said Cameron Brown he was a bit shocked did not re-commit to the Huskers after FNL. Some folks were surprised that the Huskers took his commit in the first place (he was a 3* then and now is a consensus 4*). Munson said he is a 'catch' much like Lindsey. A guy who can play in a tight space and do somethings different than an Allen and a Moore. Husker fans should feel really good about him.

---Another guy Husker fans should feel good about is Christian Tutt. Bookie and he are lot a like as players. Both are very intense and incredibly skilled as players. Tutt and his dad are still talking about his visit to Nebraska and even though he will not make it back this month Huskers fans should feel incredibly good about landing him. Not to mention no talk about him and Alabama.

---Thus the Huskers are in great shape with both Brown and Tutt and both will be great catches for them.

---Bryan does not make much of the talk of Joshua Moore making other visits. Bryan took the drive to Yoakam, TX to meet Josh. He is a great kid. One of the better kids he has spoken to in his time as a recruiting expert. Very enjoyable young man. The thing about Josh Moore is this when he came of the board to Nebraska people have to realize he was holding 63 offers. Does anybody really think when he decided to commit to Nebraska that the other 62 teams are just going to leave him alone (no they would be crazy if they did). So he is back home close to his twin brother just outside College Station (A&M) your literally about the same distance from Austin. LSU is just down the road in Baton Rouge. He is in the heart of Big/SEC Country. There is not a chance Nebraak is going to put stakes up and say 'do not touch'. Should people then be fearful of him taking visits? There is a great relationship between him and Bookie and with Coach Keith Williams and because of that he will sign with Nebraska

I'll admit I wasn't the happiest with the Brown commitment but after seeing him at FNL, I think he's very underrated (or at least was). He was bigger than listed and a very smooth route runner. Carson and Brown N before the season would be a great start to the year!

Thanks for the updates, HBK.
D38ti3a.gif
D38ti3a.gif
D38ti3a.gif

If we have 2 or more extra spots, I think we need to take a qb and rb. Those are 2 spots where you got to take someone every year because it's very hard to take 2 in one year. I'd also like us to take a quality linebacker as I think we're sitting pretty good everywhere else.

ADVERTISEMENT