Jun 14, 2010
I'll start.

Halo rule on punt returns: GONE
Horse collar rule: GONE
Helmet to Helmet: GONE
Targeting: yardage penalty but no ejection from the game
Unsportsmanlike conduct (taunting & celebration): GONE

RULES TO BE ENFORCED:
Coaches crossing onto the field: PENALTY EVERY TIME they cross the line (same thing for players obviously)
Offensive linemen: HOLDING (if you close your fist on a defensive player's uniform or flesh that is holding, needs to be called every time)

Wut say you??!!

Reactions: Sinomatic
I'll start.

RULES TO BE ENFORCED:
Coaches crossing onto the field: PENALTY EVERY TIME they cross the line (same thing for players obviously)
Offensive linemen: HOLDING (if you close your fist on a defensive player's uniform or flesh that is holding, needs to be called every time)

Wut say you??!!
The horse collar penalty is the dumbest rule in all sports.

Reactions: Baxter48
I'll start.

RULES TO BE ENFORCED:

Wut say you??!!
Get rid of targeting completely. Call it helmet to helmet like it used to be. 15 yard penalty, no ejection.

thick mittens for ol. only one mit for center. none for long snapper.
no kcikout for head to head unless hitter gets up and does pow wow dance over hittee

I'll start.

RULES TO BE ENFORCED:

Wut say you??!!
No holding, no pass interference.

“No sex with the hot Nanny”-GONE!
200.gif.cf.gif

Reactions: leodisflowers
I would like to see a 5-yard option for bumping into a punt returner who's called for a fair catch. Punt returners often signal for a fair catch very late and while on the move. When they get brushed by a defender, a 15-yard penalty is way too harsh. Makes no sense for the penalty to be the same as when you take the guy's head off.

Reactions: GretnaShawn
I'll start.

RULES TO BE ENFORCED:

Wut say you??!!
Agree with most. Holding should be anytime your hands leave the frame

Pass interferences there should be no contact by either the dB or receiver. Was block in the back legal years ago? I thought on punt and kick off returns that it was allowed except below the waist and that was clipping? Anyone feel free to correct me on that one.

I would like to see a 5-yard option for bumping into a punt returner who's called for a fair catch. Punt returners often signal for a fair catch very late and while on the move. When they get brushed by a defender, a 15-yard penalty is way too harsh. Makes no sense for the penalty to be the same as when you take the guy's head off.
I would like to see that If the rugby style punter Takes more than a yards sideways steps is fair game you can Treat them like any other ball carrier

I'll start.

RULES TO BE ENFORCED:

Wut say you??!!
No soccer flopping. 2 flops in a series, and you start losing time outs...or the offending coach has to give the opposing coach a free kick in the nuts at midfield.

Reactions: phoenix4nu
No holding, no pass interference.

There is no holding football today. I'm sick of watching tackles hook pass rushers with their arms around the neck and no call. Watching D lineman getting tackled, no call. For DPI, all it takes is an underthrown ball and there is laundry all over the field. If I were coaching, I would tell the QB to throw ball 5 yds short on every deep out to get the call. If the ball is underthrown, too bad. Everything is geared towards the offense today and putting 60 on the board.

Pass interferences there should be no contact by either the dB or receiver. Was block in the back legal years ago? I thought on punt and kick off returns that it was allowed except below the waist and that was clipping? Anyone feel free to correct me on that one.

You could not block anyone in the back it was a 15 yard penalty like it is today..

Reactions: GretnaShawn
Enforce the “uncatchable” aspect of pass interference. If they weren’t going to catch it... don’t call it. It’s ridiculous. I would bring back the five yard variety of face mask too where you don’t get 15 yards for an incidental quick grab.

NFL-PI should be a set yardage penalty like...15??? Don't like that PI is placed where it happened.

College-OT should go back to the way it was.

I'll start.

RULES TO BE ENFORCED:

Wut say you??!!

I want to add that I love the NFL overtime rule. If your defense can't prevent a touchdown on the opening OT drive, you deserve to lose.

• Wow
Reactions: BleedRed78
I'll start.

RULES TO BE ENFORCED:

Wut say you??!!
I can’t stand roughing the punter. Feel like guys can’t sell out to block kick

This one is one of my pet peeves.. Running backs constantly grab defensive players face mask and is rarely called..
This. Its an automatic “hands to the face” penalty if a lineman does it, but backs and receivers do it all day with no call.

Reactions: Baxter48
Get rid of the namby-pamby chop block rule. If your knees can't handle it, you shouldn't be on the field!

(just kidding...I've had three knee operations...keep the chop-block rule)

I'll start.

RULES TO BE ENFORCED:

Wut say you??!!
Horse collar needs to stay. Prime example of that is the Dak Prescott injury.

Reactions: Can o' corn
No disrespect my friend. If I'm a defender, I would absolutely welcome the challenge.

With today's rules? I can see your argument for maybe 2000 and prior. But the rule changes have been so pro offense the last 20 or so years that I don't think that would be a fair rule in the current climate.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT