ADVERTISEMENT

Naming rights for Memorial Stadium?

v1nufan

Redshirt Freshman
Aug 15, 2018
Are you for or against? I haven’t heard if Moos is entertaining this or not and realistically in this climate not sure what corporate partner has the resources to ink a deal.
Never say never however.
GBR!

Man, you got me thinking. Might end up with booze at the stadium as a result. (and Pinnacle... and Devaney...)

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Man, you got me thinking. Might end up with booze at the stadium as a result. (and Pinnacle... and Devaney...)
I’d ever was the time. 1 ..people understand Hardships right now with budgets and 2 the American people are anti law/order/military (2nd part a joke pls don’t delete thread due to a joke!!)

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Public sentiment is not usually good on renaming existing stadiums. It's when new ones get built that the naming rights extravaganza gets underway.

Soldier Field is still Soldier Field, the ones that are war memorial stadiums, that's not something you want to mess with unless you just love horrible PR. The old Chicago Stadium stayed with its name until they tore it down and built the United Center in the 90s, that was one of the earlier named facilities

I legitimately don't know what the Sox ballpark is called now and I just drove by it on Saturday.

They won't rename Memorial Stadium because of the reason for the name. The Field is named as well. They won't lack for places to put ads or money. The vaccines will be out soon and football will resume.

Last edited:
Runza Memorial Stadium has a ring to it. I can also hear “Welcome to football Saturday here at Valentino’s Memorial Stadium...”

How about Valentino's Stadium, with the subhead:

We were really, really, really good back in the day. Keep the faith and we might get back there!

Works on a couple different levels.

Pretty sure majority of banks are awash in money these days so how about ....
FNBO Memorial Stadium or
UBT Memorial Stadium

GBR!
**Inless Pinacle Bank has a no compete clause.

Last edited:
Nebraska Furniture Mart Stadium...

“You are looking live at NFM Stadium in Lincoln, Nebraska with 90,000 fans chanting GBR including longtime Husker fan Warren Buffet. Winking

4dbc71a3524c3.image.jpg

Reactions: TheBeav815
I attended several USMNT soccer games down in KC and loved how you could see the Nebraska Furniture Mart store right behind the stadium.

Are you for or against? I haven’t heard if Moos is entertaining this or not and realistically in this climate not sure what corporate partner has the resources to ink a deal.
Never say never however.
GBR!
It's not going to happen IMO. Too much history and too much backlash to any renaming attempt. Now they may figure out some way to sell naming or sponsorship rights to other associated facilities but not Memorial Stadium itself.

Reactions: Crazyhole
Pretty sure majority of banks are awash in money these days so how about ....
FNBO Memorial Stadium or
UBT Memorial Stadium

GBR!
**Inless Pinacle Bank has a no compete clause.
I find it humorous the court in Pinnacle Bank Arena has a FNBO ad on it.

Back to my point about booze, it's pretty much an insult for a place named after Devaney to not sell booze. How has this persisted for so long?!

Oh I guarantee we will be selling booze by next year to make up for lost revenue this year..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT