ADVERTISEMENT

deleted by author

Which of these coaches would you want as the next head coach at Nebraska?

• Chris Klieman

• Lance Leipold

• Gus Malzahn

• Hugh Freeze

• Jeff Hafley

• Matt Campbell

• Jeff Monken

• Billy Napier

• Jamey Chadwell

• Dave Doeren

Results are only viewable after voting.
Sorry anti, I’ll try harder to impress you with my essay structure.
It is ok, he has grammar, but it is just the same 10 words repeated in different order. When he does try and branch out, using statistics and such, he is usually wrong and called out for being wrong. Apparently he is still living in a world where he believes only he has access to information.

Gus Malzahn..lol the way that game ended. Loss.

Chris Klienman, Jeff Monken, Lance Liepold, Jamey Chadwell.

Watching the Kansas State vs Nevada game and Chris Klienman is a damn good coach. In one week he adjusted his offensive attack to focus on the strengths of his backup QB and they are but whipping Nevada offensively today.

Jamey Chadwell, Chris Klienman and Jeff Monken start the year undefeated. Kansas State vs Nevada has a few minutes left in the 4th, but it will be a KSU win.

The search for the next head coach doesn't need to be that difficult. Jamey Chadwell, Chris Klienman, Jeff Monken or Lance Liepold. All 4 are damn good coaches.

3 and 4 games into the season and conference schedules will start to pick up next week and the following week.

Matt Campbell's team is going to win a lot of games again this season. They look a lot better than their first game of the season. 3 out of 5 drives tonight have been touchdowns and there is no doubt in how the rest of this game will go. He runs a system that would fit perfectly at Nebraska - physical rushing attack, special teams, and good defense. Would be awesome to see what he could do with better talent. I hope USC doesn't get this guy and Nebraska can get a shot at him.

Chris Klienman has already had a lot to deal with this season for his team. Has a dominating win against Stanford. One of the better defenses in the country statistically. Damn good rushing attack. Special teams are good. He is a solid coach. If anything, his stock has improved since the start of the season due to how is managing the backup QB stuff and his adjustments around that.

Jeff Monken is getting the shit out of defenses with his teams since he has been at Army and this season is no different even without the starting fullback and starting QB. The Army vs Wisconsin game is going to be interesting to watch. I'm not concerned with who he would bring onboard as a staff at Nebraska. His cousin would actually come with from UGA.

Jamey Chadwell. The concerns I had about him before the start of the season is still there. His teams could be even better than they already are if they played sounder. My concern about him has always been two fold - no experience recruiting at the P5 level and not knowing if he could hire a competent P5 level staff. We already made that mistake with Frost and who he brought with.

Jeff Hafley's departure from Ohio State has been very telling with the fall off in how the OSU defense has been performing and how Jeff has been improving the Boston College team.

The one coach that has my attention is the head coach at Fresno State. Lacks the experience at the P5 level, but there is just something about this guy that has me paying attention.

Reactions: Chuck003
Scott Frost failures. Florida State starting the season 0-3 after a terrible year last year, Tom Herman being fired from Texas, and so on. it's damn clear that hiring a coach from the AAC is not a smart choice at all. I couldn't even name the last AAC head coach that got a P5 job and was successful. I doubt TN's head coach will make it either once he gets into SEC play.

Whatever the reasons are, and we can discuss it all day long, the ACC does NOT properly prepare someone for a P5 head coaching job.

Next games...

Boston College vs Missouri.
Army vs Miami of Ohio
Coastal Carolina vs UMASS
Iowa State vs Baylor
Kansas vs Duke
Kansas State vs Oklahoma State

Jamey Chadwell, Jeff Monken, and Chris Klienman should all continue on with an undefeated season so far. Hafley has the toughest game on that list.

Scott Frost failures. Florida State starting the season 0-3 after a terrible year last year, Tom Herman being fired from Texas, and so on. it's damn clear that hiring a coach from the AAC is not a smart choice at all. I couldn't even name the last AAC head coach that got a P5 job and was successful. I doubt TN's head coach will make it either once he gets into SEC play.

Whatever the reasons are, and we can discuss it all day long, the ACC does NOT properly prepare someone for a P5 head coaching job.
Herman was 38-12 at Texas. Usually a coach keeps his job. 3 years Off Coordinator/QB coach for Urban Meyer at OSU, 2 good years at Cincy.
Not advocating him for the NU job, but by his colleagues from P5 who have joined the big boys, he was a successful coach, and will be a head man again at some point. He would be a gigantic improvement over Frost.

Herman was 38-12 at Texas. Usually a coach keeps his job. 3 years Off Coordinator/QB coach for Urban Meyer at OSU, 2 good years at Cincy.
Not advocating him for the NU job, but by his colleagues from P5 who have joined the big boys, he was a successful coach, and will be a head man again at some point. He would be a gigantic improvement over Frost.
I think Herman will get a shot somewhere too. Texas and TN fire and fire all of the time.

At least we are letting Frost get a shot at this.

Matt Rhule on the verge of going 2-0 with a win against New Orleans in his second year in the NFL. If he keeps this up, and it appears he will, he isn't going back to the college game anytime soon.

Frost ain't goin nowhere, much to the chagrin and angst and hate twits on this board has towards Frost. He just saved his job yesterday and you can take that to the bank. Don't care if anyone likes it or not!

Matt Rhule on the verge of going 2-0 with a win against New Orleans in his second year in the NFL. If he keeps this up, and it appears he will, he isn't going back to the college game anytime soon.
Of course not but you didn’t have him on your list to begin with…

I’ve always liked Lane Kiffen but he isn’t leaving Ole’Miss for our dumpster fire either..

Of course not but you didn’t have him on your list to begin with…

I’ve always liked Lane Kiffen but he isn’t leaving Ole’Miss for our dumpster fire either..
Laugh it up all ya want, but fact is fact Frost isn't going anywhere and when that fact is proven I'm gonna be LMAO at all you tards getting pissed off. It's just a very good thing none of you tards have any say so on what goes on down there in South Stadium! 🤣 🤣🤣🤣

Laugh it up all ya want, but fact is fact Frost isn't going anywhere and when that fact is proven I'm gonna be LMAO at all you tards getting pissed off. It's just a very good thing none of you tards have any say so on what goes on down there in South Stadium! 🤣 🤣🤣🤣
We want to win. We are not going to celebrate close losses, which is what Scott Frost has been doing.

Reactions: scarletred
We want to win. We are not going to celebrate close losses, which is what Scott Frost has been doing.
ALOT of former players and other VIPs that know what's going on have stated time and again that this is a 10 year rebuild and it will take that long to get it close to where it once was. Just glad they aren't listening to all of the nonsense of RSS.

ALOT of former players and other VIPs that know what's going on have stated time and again that this is a 10 year rebuild and it will take that long to get it close to where it once was. Just glad they aren't listening to all of the nonsense of RSS.
10 year rebuild = you are trolling.

Reactions: bama_husker
10 years LOL. You don't pay a coach $5M per year and tell him to take his time.

10 years LOL. You don't pay a coach $5M per year and tell him to take his time.
That’s what I’m thinking..I’ve talked to a couple of former players and they think we have good enough talent on both sides of the line for the most part but some of the coaches haven’t been coaching them up..

Trust me the truth hurts and it’s apparent we have some JR high school coaching..

So the short list according to the trustee and the scout, if a change is made at Miami, would be the following:

Mario Cristobal
Billy Napier
Luke Fickell
Marcus Freeman.

What kind of list is that? Everyone knows the list has to include these guys or the search is a joke.

Jamey Chadwell
Jeff Monken
Chris Klienman

Reactions: WHCSC
So the short list according to the trustee and the scout, if a change is made at Miami, would be the following:

Mario Cristobal
Billy Napier
Luke Fickell
Marcus Freeman.

What kind of list is that? Everyone knows the list has to include these guys or the search is a joke.

Jamey Chadwell
Jeff Monken
Chris Klienman
When do they call up their golden boy Ken Dorsey?

Another week in the books.

Jame Chadwell remains undefeated. Chris Klieman went down in defeat tonight against Oklahoma State. Oklahoma State just had too much talent at WR for Kansas State to keep in that game. Jeff Monken won again. Jeff Hafley won again. NC State won in an upset against Clemson.

The UVA head coach should not be under consideration as the next head coach at Nebraska. The way his defense has been playing this season is horrid.

Coaches that should get serious considering by Trev Alberts, IMO:

Jeff Monken
Chris Klieman
Jeff Hafley
and head coaches from Coastal Carolina, NC State, and Wake Forest.

Jeff Hafley is going to become a conference title and playoff-winning head coach in the coming years. The guy is a damn good coach. If Nebraska go him, he would be the best hire since the Solich years.

I'd love to get Jeff hired to Nebraska before he goes to another Big Ten school and beats the living shit out of Nebraska for years to come.

Jame Chadwell remains undefeated. Chris Klieman went down in defeat tonight against Oklahoma State. Oklahoma State just had too much talent at WR for Kansas State to keep in that game. Jeff Monken won again. Jeff Hafley won again. NC State won in an upset against Clemson.

The UVA head coach should not be under consideration as the next head coach at Nebraska. The way his defense has been playing this season is horrid.

Jeff Monken
Chris Klieman
Jeff Hafley

Jeff Hafley is going to become a conference title and playoff-winning head coach in the coming years. The guy is a damn good coach. If Nebraska go him, he would be the best hire since the Solich years.

I'd love to get Jeff hired to Nebraska before he goes to another Big Ten school and beats the living shit out of Nebraska for years to come.
Well, scratch Dabo off the list.

Jeff Monken
Chris Klieman
Jeff Hafley

Hafley likely ends up at Penn State if Franklin goes to USC.

I'd hire Monken, he seems like the type of coach we need right now. He'd instill discipline and toughness to our offense and special teams. We wouldn't beat ourselves with stupid penalties and mistakes. Retain Chinander and most of the defensive staff.

I'd hire Monken, he seems like the type of coach we need right now. He'd instill discipline and toughness to our offense and special teams. We wouldn't beat ourselves with stupid penalties and mistakes. Retain Chinander and most of the defensive staff.
I'm down

I could see the same happening with Hafley.

Monken would be a strong hire, IMO. Very strong. He would likely bring the OC from UGA to run the offense and I suspect he would still run some option.

Jeff Hafley's team is averaging 237 yards rushing a game this season. Coastal Carolina is averaging 246 yards a game rushing. Army is averaging 344 yard rushing a game. Kansas State runs the football a lot.

That Jeff Hafley guy is going to get some big offers, IMO.

Want to know why Texas and Arkansas are off to good starts this season? Both are rushing for more than 260 yards a game.

Reactions: BleedRed78

I feel good about the list I have put together. All of these guys fit the - run the ball downhill, stop the run and special teams. I put them in orer from 1 to 12 from what will fit the best to the least best fit.

1: Chris Klieman - HC Kansas State. Was the DC at North Dakota State. Then took over as head coach and won national titles. When you watch Kansas State film while Chris is their head coach, you see a downhill run game, they pressure via the DL and not the stand-up bull shit so many coaches do these days. Special teams are good. FCS championships and now P5 experience. Native of the cold weather so he understands the style to coach with at Nebraska.

2: Lance Leipold - HC Kansas. I went back and watched his games at Buffalo and watched what he did inside the 20-yard line and it was a simple - push the DL back and shove it down their throats. Very heavy focus on the running game. Won titles at the D3 level and won at Buffalo. He if even wins 3 games at Kansas this season you can see how damn good he is.

3: Gus Malzahn - HC UCF. Everyone knows who he is and his record at Auburn. Never deviated from a rushing offense. He would run the ball at Nebraska.

4: Hugh Freeze - HC Liberty. Has won everywhere. Only reason he isn't higher is that he may want to pass the ball a bit too much at Nebraska.

5: Jeff Hafley - HC Boston College. Ohio State fans say he was the best coach they have had under Urban Meyer and Ryan Day. They say it would be an A+ higher and would make a massive difference with our defense. Runs the ball at Boston College and you can tell focuses on special teams.

6: Matt Campbell--HC Iowa State. He runs systems that fit at Nebraska. Never defeated Iowa though.

7: Jeff Monken - HC Army. Option. Sound OL play. Special teams are good. He will need to adjust his offense some though and pass the ball more.

8: Billy Napier - HC Lousiana. 3 seasons as a head coach with 3 winning seasons. 1 conference championship

9: Jamey Chadwell - HC Coastal Carolina. Shot gun triple option is his base offense. But can he bring a Big Ten level staff with him? No proven experience at the bigger college football level so you need to take that into account.

10: Ken Niumatalolo - HC Navy. While he runs a lot and runs the option, he has a tendency to be too soft of a coach at times.

11: Jason Candle - HC Toledo. A young guy to watch. No P5 level experience though so arguments can be made that he shouldn't even be on here since he isn't gong to have the ties with how young he is to hire a great staff or what to look for in great staff members simply due to the lack of experience.

Other names?

Coaches in the NFL

Tom Herman - analyst at Chicago

Matt Ruhle - HC Carolina
Whoever is willing to keep Chinander and the defensive staff intact. Everyone else could be scrapped for all I care at this point but these defensive coaches have done a tremendous job of taking a unit that was dog dung 4 years ago and making consistent improvement up to this point. That was a top 5-10 defensive performance last night, albeit against a team that by the end of the year will not have a top 15 offense in my opinion. I think MSU is a decent team but not an elite offense as the numbers indicated coming into the game last night.

Whoever is willing to keep Chinander and the defensive staff intact. Everyone else could be scrapped for all I care at this point but these defensive coaches have done a tremendous job of taking a unit that was dog dung 4 years ago and making consistent improvement up to this point. That was a top 5-10 defensive performance last night, albeit against a team that by the end of the year will not have a top 15 offense in my opinion. I think MSU is a decent team but not an elite offense as the numbers indicated coming into the game last night.
If you keep Chins you have to probably keep you head coach with staff changes on offense and HIRE A DAMNED SPECIAL TEAMS COORDINATOR WITH DEMONSTRATED EXPERTISE IN THE KICKING GAME. We don't need and OC, QB coach AND Frost. Our OC or Frost can coach QBs. Damn.

Jeff Monken
Chris Klieman
Jeff Hafley

Bill OBrien please

If you keep Chins you have to probably keep you head coach with staff changes on offense and HIRE A DAMNED SPECIAL TEAMS COORDINATOR WITH DEMONSTRATED EXPERTISE IN THE KICKING GAME. We don't need and OC, QB coach AND Frost. Our OC or Frost can coach QBs. Damn.
You keep Frost and defensive staff. I’d get rid of Austin and Mario immediately. I’d hire an actual special teams coach and a new OLine coach. It’s hard to instill discipline in a team when your most glaring issue (special teams) has had nothing of significance done about it, except blame the players.

Reactions: dinglefritz

That is the approach TO took with Bo. The offense is in good shape, come fix the defense.

Obviously we need an excellent special teams guy but I'd clean house on the offensive side, with the exception of the TE coach maybe. Frost isn't able to call plays and manage this team. Bring in an experienced, well respected OC and let him go to work. If Frost won't agree to it then show him the door. This crazy bullshit has to end!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT