ADVERTISEMENT

deleted by author

Which of these coaches would you want as the next head coach at Nebraska?

• Chris Klieman

• Lance Leipold

• Gus Malzahn

• Hugh Freeze

• Jeff Hafley

• Matt Campbell

• Jeff Monken

• Billy Napier

• Jamey Chadwell

• Dave Doeren

Results are only viewable after voting.
1995 Michigan State 6–5–1 4–3–1 5th L Independence
1996 Michigan State 6–6 5–3 5th L Sun
1997 Michigan State 7–5 4–4 6th L Aloha
1998 Michigan State 6–6 4–4 6th
1999 Michigan State 9–2[n 2] 6–2 T–2nd Florida Citrus

His first 4 years were a struggle. In year 4, he had a huge upset, then lost to unranked teams. Year 4 got a huge upset beating #1 ranked Ohio State in Columbus.
So we just have to be patient!

Way less money this time. Still beats whatever he'd get for the chance to prove something
Have you looked at his Wikipedia? He’s never even sniffed a coaching staff in P5. The lights would be mighty bright for 44 year old novice coach with a gadget offense

Reactions: dinglefritz
Chadwell would be a bigger risk than Lance Leipold, Jeff Monken and Chris Klieman. Those are the names I'd be thrilled with hiring. But those fore names mentioned in the first sentence would bring to the table what the program needs.

If I was the AD, I'd load up the dump truck to Chris Klieman and ask "how much is it going to take?"

Reactions: BleedRed78
I'm done with the Nebraska ties thing. Get someone that runs a strong program, can recruit, and knows how to win in the Big 10. No West Coast Offense guys, no ex-Husker guys with minimal experience but buddies in the system.
Damn straight. We need another Clownahan like another hole in our head.

Everyone is running the spread these days and very few schools run a power based running team anymore. There's a reason why Northwestern can win at the level they do with how little talent they have, same with Iowa. Wisconsin is winning at a high level by running the ball.

Jeff Monken's success in games against Michigan (overtime), Oklahoma (overtime) and Georgia Tech winning as many games as they did running the option.

A team that uses a tough, downhill rushing attack in today's game is actually at an advantage since 95% of the other programs have gone to the spread.

That sounds 100% on the money to me! Somehow, someway, we've just got to get the real vicious & mean Olinemen.

Klieman still my choice for now, but just thinking outside the box, Kellen Moore Cowboys OC.

Mike Singletary.....mainly for the press conferences and sideline interviews. Love that guy. He would have chewed Martinez's ass all the way to the locker room while the play was still going on after that fumble then handed him the paperwork to enter the portal at half time.
Mike would be great other than the fact he can't win. NFL 18-22 Alliance of American Football (What the hell was that?) 2-6 His last adventure Trinity High School (Texas) 1-21 Please sign him up.

Love CC offense, reminds me when I was hoping we'd go after the Miss. State coach before he went to Florida. This is the offense I wish we were running. I think it could work well in the BIG

Another week in the books. With Nebraska's schedule going from games they should win to games they will struggle to remain competitive in, chatter should start to pick up over the next few weeks.

Jeff Hafley had an eye-raising performance today on the bad side. His team didn't dominate UMASS like an ACC team should. Jeff Monken knew he had to ground out the ball to keep Western Kentucky off the field since Western Kentucky had the better athletes and that is what he was able to do today. Chris Klieman's team went from dominating the game, starting QB hurts his knee, to shitting the bed and closing out the game with a win.

How good of a coach Chris Klieman actually is at the P5 level will be tested as he will need to navigate the season with a backup QB now.

Jamey Chadwell's option offense is a thing of beauty and fits perfectly with the skill players Nebraska has.

By the time November gets here we will know if we will be getting a new head coach.

IMO, the top candidates after another week of football should still remain ( no order) as Jamey Chadwell, Jeff Monken, Chris Klieman, and then a group below them.

A head coach that I have my eyes on is the UVA head coach.

So let me ask you this… Chadwell is named HC. Who’s his DC? What does he run in the Big 10?

So let me ask you this… Chadwell is named HC. Who’s his DC? What does he run in the Big 10?
Should keep Chinander unless he's absolutely certain of someone else's ability. Could be useful in keeping the culture if that side of the ball intact. I honestly think he'd be down for it too if he could keep assistants. Chadwell could just slide in and worr focus on tightening the offense

Reactions: Sinomatic

Way too early to start talking coordinator/assistants type of stuff. We first will need to know what jobs will open up and who is an obvious choice for those jobs to go with what will be a job opening coming up at Nebraska once the next few weeks are done.

USC will probably open up with their disaster last night.
FSU could open up with their disaster last night.
Nebraska will.

LSU could if boosters force their hand.

We will see.

Antirowtheboat, when are we going to start crossing coaches off on your original list?
About a couple of more weeks. There is one I am already wanting to take off the list and a new entry.

4 games into a season are enough games to provide additional data points to go with the data that was available to start the season.

Army and Coastal Carolina are putting together strong starts are running games this season. Both are in the top 20 in rushing yards already this season.

Coastal Carolina is averaging 6.63 yards a running play after two games.

Chris Klieman will now get to show what he can do with a backup QB in P5 play.

Jame Chadwell will be able to show his team can go undefeated in the regular season for the second year in a row. Their next game is against Buffalo and that will be an ass kicking for Coastal Carolina.

Army plays UCONN next and that will be a big win by Army.

Boston College plays Temple. They should get off to a 3-0 start and then play Missouri.

Really only one name on my list that gives one a pause. The rest are doing the right things to start the season.

LA Times calling for Helton to be fired at USC. That job will open.

Don't think the names I have in this list would be a target for the USC job. At least not near the top. That job should be for a big name hire.

Army and Coastal Carolina are putting together strong starts are running games this season. Both are in the top 20 in rushing yards already this season.

Coastal Carolina is averaging 6.63 yards a running play after two games.

Chris Klieman will now get to show what he can do with a backup QB in P5 play.

Jame Chadwell will be able to show his team can go undefeated in the regular season for the second year in a row. Their next game is against Buffalo and that will be an ass kicking for Coastal Carolina.

Army plays UCONN next and that will be a big win by Army.

Boston College plays Temple. They should get off to a 3-0 start and then play Missouri.

Really only one name on my list that gives one a pause. The rest are doing the right things to start the season.
One would think that looking at Scott Frost’s success at Central Florida that would give pause to those evaluating a coach based on numbers put up against weak and/ or inferior talent.

LA Times calling for Helton to be fired at USC. That job will open.

Don't think the names I have in this list would be a target for the USC job. At least not near the top. That job should be for a big name hire.

Dang, looks like Bill O'Brien will be going to either LSU or USC. I'm rooting for LSU and USC the rest of season so their coaches can hang on for another year.

I don't see one coach that is realistic that I would take at this time. Frost's biggest downfall was bringing over his entire staff. We got rid of a few garbage assistants but there are 2 left...one being a major issue where we would see a big increase in looking like a legit team. This is also on Frost as well and he hasn't been that great. I still feel fine with keeping Frost for now.

• Wow
The article basically says people expect Frost to be fired.

Ouch

Three days before visiting Kelly for a second time, members of the search committee drove to Orlando to meet with Frost on Thursday, Nov. 16, two days before Frost’s 9–0 Knights played Temple. They describe the interview with Frost as unimpressive, and they emerged with a similar feeling: He’s not ready for this big of a job.

Ouch

Three days before visiting Kelly for a second time, members of the search committee drove to Orlando to meet with Frost on Thursday, Nov. 16, two days before Frost’s 9–0 Knights played Temple. They describe the interview with Frost as unimpressive, and they emerged with a similar feeling: He’s not ready for this big of a job.

They were not wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT