ADVERTISEMENT

Name one stock to buy

Airlines are obviously a risky play, but Southwest sure is tempting. I feel like airports are going to be begging them to take gates once traveling rebounds, and competition from discount carriers will be scarce.
I'll 2nd this. Southwest is the airline stock of choice right now.

Thanks for some of these tips guys..much appreciated.Ive had some pretty good luck riding some of those triple leverage stocks and etf...nail was big for me and hibl i rode up almost 70%..but the move so much a guy needs to watch it pretty close.. ive learned that putting stop limit loss% on these helps just pay attention to em..jets is down but thats the one with several holdings like aal and cruise lines.. I am holding that one in hopes that you all were right above about these coming back strong.. i bought in pretty cheap but its a loser for me as of right now total loss.. we will see

Airlines are obviously a risky play, but Southwest sure is tempting. I feel like airports are going to be begging them to take gates once traveling rebounds, and competition from discount carriers will be scarce.
It was tempting a few weeks ago when I bought at $33. It is still tempting but I think it could have some wild swings in the next year. SWA has by far the best balance sheet of of the large airlines. Of course, most of the competition has been through Chapter 11 at least once and I wouldn’t be shocked if a few of them — AA for one — go through it again. In addition to a solid balance sheet, SWA doesn’t have the boat anchor of international flights to drag it down.

Buffett dumped all airlines, for what that’s worth.

It was tempting a few weeks ago when I bought at $33. It is still tempting but I think it could have some wild swings in the next year. SWA has by far the best balance sheet of of the large airlines. Of course, most of the competition has been through Chapter 11 at least once and I wouldn’t be shocked if a few of them — AA for one — go through it again. In addition to a solid balance sheet, SWA doesn’t have the boat anchor of international flights to drag it down.

Buffett dumped all airlines, for what that’s worth.
Oh yeah, bumpy ride ahead for any travel-dependent stock. But long-term, Southwest looks way better positioned to rebound than anyone else in that sector.

Short Urban One. UONEK. It went crazy over the last week or so. I can’t imagine it is really worth multiples of itself in such a short time.

Stocks should be on sale pretty soon. I'd hang on for a minute.

Would take a look at $PTON for a quick profit after that.

Futures look flat so not sure why everyone is so negative. We’ll see what happens this week.

Which company is going to develop the best solid state battery? Best as in combination of cost to make and energy density etc. I'd go with whatever company does that.

Serious or joking? I don’t know anything about it.

If they have a cure for NASH, then yes, this stock will explode. I still think Intercept beats them for first FDA approved drug to treat NASH. Pharma is always a big risk/reward stock.

Which company is going to develop the best solid state battery? Best as in combination of cost to make and energy density etc. I'd go with whatever company does that.
They've kind of been a joke due to their focus on cars, but Fisker supposedly is close to mass producing a battery that will change the entire energy industry. It started with a solid state battery that had something like 3 times the storage density of LI with the intent of making a car with longer travel and then found out that they could get multiples of that with the same tech. If they can and just go strictly into batteries then the sky is the limit. Their problem has always been the business model, so who knows what to expect.

I took your advice on CYDY

Glad I did.. its up15% friday already 14% today..thank you.. this could be a long term play I supposed..i will just watch it close for sure

LPTH. Currently trades in the $3 range, (up from a low of 55 cents in December 2019). Believe it will hit $5 in 2021.

Long term will be rewarding $$$$$
Just an update for all you who didnt ju.p on his advice.. this is up 26.4% since i bought.. and its up 11.38% today in a market that is crap right now.. again much appteciated tip.. I definately owe you a beer if we ever get the chance to meet. Or if this keeps going maybe a lexus lol

Reactions: IndHusker7
Be careful. A lot of stupid money is running up prices. This thing will crash hard.
I sold out of 20% of my holdings and went to cash a couple months ago after things started to tank. And for the life of me, I couldn't figure out why the market was going back up. But ultimately, I think it's a matter of the winners (tech stocks, consumer staples) getting the cash and "losers" staying down. Plus the Feds actions hurt the bond market and savings rates. So where else is the money going to go?

I don't think the ultra rich have really been effected by the virus and if the little guy pulls is money out, it isn't going to make much of a dent.

I heard an expert speculate on Southwest (LUV). They supposedly have plenty of money and Buffett didn't sell all of his LUV stock like he did Delta (if I recall correctly). So there is that. Southwest apparently is the only airline that hasn't gone bankrupt. But that could all change. Personally, I think all of the airlines are too risky. Government handouts will run out in a couple months. They could be in a lot of trouble.

I've got some Bitcoin SV, but I don't know much about it. Only got some after the hard fork with Bitcoin Cash. Any reason for your interest?
I hear that there are a lot of venture capital funds getting into it. To me, it's sort of like watching the bitcoin core and bitcoin cash fight going on, in the mean time, this other fork might actually do something.. ?

Reactions: Dean Pope
I've got some Bitcoin SV, but I don't know much about it. Only got some after the hard fork with Bitcoin Cash. Any reason for your interest?

Did you do any research before you bought that? It's literally headed by a con man.

I hear that there are a lot of venture capital funds getting into it. To me, it's sort of like watching the bitcoin core and bitcoin cash fight going on, in the mean time, this other fork might actually do something.. ?

Don't touch it. They are going to jail the guy behind it for perjury in the near future.

Reactions: Crazyhole
Did you do any research before you bought that? It's literally headed by a con man.
Of course I did my research. You may not realize it, but I used to program computers before I decided to get out of it.. crypto has sort of brought me out of my early retirement. I don't care if you think Craig is a con man or not.. it's the best version of Bitcoin right now. Core won't scale, and even Roger's version is now frought with internal infighting.

Of course I did my research. You may not realize it, but I used to program computers before I decided to get out of it.. crypto has sort of brought me out of my early retirement. I don't care if you think Craig is a con man or not.. it's the best version of Bitcoin right now. Core won't scale, and even Roger's version is now frought with internal infighting.

That wasn't a response to you. Craig is a con man. Crypto is held up by Tether, which has all sorts of alarm bells going off around it. China dominates the Bitcoin mining which is another red flag. I just advise people to stay away from crypto for now.

Bought what? I got my Bitcoin Cash from the Bitcoin hard fork.

I wish I had sold out of it years ago, but that's a different story.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT