ADVERTISEMENT

Name a game we lost that could have changed our program

This is actually a great question, op. I am having a hard time deciding between two:

1) Somebody already pointed this one out. @ Texas in '99. We win that game, we have another title and the first one for Frank. It's quite possible this could have completely changed FS's tenure.

2) The Big 12 Championship game. That is when Bo started going into full meltdown mode. Things could have been different if we win that one.

Reactions: CatColumbia
I would say one of the one's already mentioned but I'm redundant enough as is so I'll throw out the 2010 Texas A&M game. Basically had an 11-win season stolen by the refs, and also apparently put Pelini on the hot seat with Pearlman for his sideline meltdown, the beginning of the end as it were.

Hiring Steve Pedersen ruined our program and we have yet to recover. I still wonder "what if" when Frank hired all new assistants and got rid of the old tired bunch. If only he was given more time with that new staff.

+1

2002 Rose Bowl. No way a MNC winning coach is fired in 2003.

Looking back at that game it’s amazing how many of those Miami players became stars in the NFL. I just saw this tweeted out before the ND vs Miami game.

I just wish we had a better season in 2002 so Frank could keep calling plays & we would have never hired Barney Cooton as OC & Bo Pelini as DC in 2003. Then they probably never come back in 2008 to ruin things.

2009 Big 12 Championship is the only answer.

We weren't beating 2001 Miami.. That's a waste of time to think about.

The 1999 Colorado game we had the game well in had at half I believe the first play from scrimmage to start the 3rd quarter Dan stone hands Alexander fumble Colorado scores we are in a dog fight to the end of the game winning by a field goal I believe now had we destroyed Colorado I truly believe we would have played FSU for the title instead of Virginia Tech I still remember Bobby Bowden lobbying that two unbeaten teams should be playing he wanted nothing to do with Nebraska in 99-2000

OK. If it wasn’t 01 Colorado, when do you think “the blackshirts died”?

I'm going on the original post...

But now that you want that answer to that question I'd say T-Tech when Leach lit us up for 70+.

Another game not talked about much is 2007 against USC. Gameday was in town. We were supposed to be good. I think ranked #12 or so. That culture seems to have changed that day and infected our team for the next decade.

Reactions: headcard
I'm going on the original post...

But now that you want that answer to that question I'd say T-Tech when Leach lit us up for 70+.
Well that was the post I replied to and you quoted me and replied “wrong”. So, thanks..I guess

Go cry in your beer. This program is currently dead......no one loss lead to this. We are talking about 17 years of irrelevance. Winning is a habit unfortunately do is losing

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT