ADVERTISEMENT

Nadab Joseph about to make his choice...link inside

A.) Is he really that good?

B.) Are we thinking we get him?

C.) Does Francois and Gray leaving help our case? This kid is a DB, right?

Sure, and right now Rivals and 247 Sports show a strong Alabama lean. Not sure how up-to-date that is, though.
can u provide an update on the other schools recruiting him? i can't find evidence of any other programs recruiting him. the predictions you refer to are from over a year ago. Alabama is not recruiting him

Reactions: huskerssalts
Sure, and right now Rivals and 247 Sports show a strong Alabama lean. Not sure how up-to-date that is, though.

that’s a very old prediction, Alabama has moved on and so has all the SEC teams, he took online classes. The SEC doesn’t allow online classes.

West Virginia, Illinois, Arizona and the Huskers are after him. Huskers are looking good here. But we all know how recruiting works.

And yes, he’s a 3 to play 3, 4 star JUCO CB/Safety.

Last edited:
Well that's a major step forward. Him announcing on Friday would seem to indicate that he got his grades and passed. Wonder now if he's waiting until Friday to see if the college of his choice accepts the transcripts.

“Nebraska is near the top of his list with Arizona, West Virginia and Illinois also courting Joseph.” Note worthy quotes via Omaha World Herald

https://omaha.com/sports/college/hu...cle_888b3fae-940e-542e-921a-41a52060f84d.html
that article is from June 1. thats not up to date. there is nothing on twitter or his twitter from any other school or any other fanbase. that doesn't happen to a player being recruited by multiple schools. this is a 1 school recruitment.

that article is from June 1. thats not up to date. there is nothing on twitter or his twitter from any other school or any other fanbase. that doesn't happen to a player being recruited by multiple schools. this is a 1 school recruitment.
Recruited heavily by Alabama, Clemson, LSU, Ohio state, and many others… It just doesn’t show because he’s told them all no. He’s all Nebraska.

Sorry, I don’t have a link… I am his advisor. I know things.

Recruited heavily by Alabama, Clemson, LSU, Ohio state, and many others… It just doesn’t show because he’s told them all no. He’s all Nebraska.

Sorry, I don’t have a link… I am his advisor. I know things.
Has he qualified?

that’s why I posted this, that’s the most recent update on him. You have to remember, a lot of schools, even more so top tier teams with 2020 Recruiting classes are full and they don’t have the scholarship open. So I doubt much has changed since then. But nonetheless, I’m pretty sure he’s a Husker and it will made public Friday. If not, I’ll come back and admit I’m wrong. (Not the first time nor the last ;) )

that’s a very old predictions, Alabama has moved on and so has all the SEC teams, he took online classes. The SEC doesn’t allow online classes.

West Virginia, Illinois, Arizona and the Huskers are after him. Huskers are looking good here. But we all know how recruiting works.

And yes, he’s a 3 to play 3, 4 star JUCO CB/Safety.

To be more accurate, the SEC doesn't allow the transfer of ONLINE College Algebra for JUCO student athletes. It was a rule put in place after the 2015 recruiting cycle. From 2005 to 2015, nearly every SEC football signee from the Mississippi JUCOs had transferred in 60 hours of in classroom learning credits... and 3 credit hours of online learning. That 3 hour class was always College Algebra. All those signees coincidentally signed with Auburn, Miss State, and Ole Miss. Instead of just punishing the schools that were obviously cheating, the SEC decided to just prohibit transfer of that course.

Has he qualified?

People have asked why there hasn't been any info released about Joseph since June. The issue is we are way passed signing day. At this point in the year, the only time Nebraska's coaches will be able to talk about him is once he offically enrolls in the University. That wasn't able to occur until his grades posted, they transferred to Nebraska, and all his transcripts from other schools were accepted.

And that wouldn't just apply to the Huskers, it would apply to any D1 program. Bottom line is there wouldn't be any announcement made until he knows he was officially accepted into school.

To be more accurate, the SEC doesn't allow the transfer of ONLINE College Algebra for JUCO student athletes. It was a rule put in place after the 2015 recruiting cycle. From 2005 to 2015, nearly every SEC football signee from the Mississippi JUCOs had transferred in 60 hours of in classroom learning credits... and 3 credit hours of online learning. That 3 hour class was always College Algebra. All those signees coincidentally signed with Auburn, Miss State, and Ole Miss. Instead of just punishing the schools that were obviously cheating, the SEC decided to just prohibit transfer of that course.

thanks for clarifying, I was to quick and generic with my answer. This is looking to be back to back years were that rule helped us land a talented prospect that originally would have been an SEC player. Keem Green and now hopefully Nadab Joseph....Thanks SEC....;)

May have been posted before but out of high school (class of 2018) 247 had him as the #29 CB in the country while Rivals had him as #12.

Appears he must’ve redshirted at Juco then played one to be a 3 for 3 guy.

Looks like he only played 5 games with only 8 total tackles last year at Independence CC.

He’ll be older and have gone through juco, but hasn’t played much football the last two years.
That’s not an ideal situation.

He also committed to LSU first, then Alabama, then Georgia before going to juco.

I’m hoping he’s ready to settle in and put in the work here at Nebraska. Still a big time talent to add to the DB room.... a welcome addition.

Reactions: headcard
thanks for clarifying, I was to quick and generic with my answer. This is looking to be back to back years were that rule helped us land a talented prospect that originally would have been an SEC player. Keem Green and now hopefully Nadab Joseph....Thanks SEC....;)
easier to get into nebraska than any SEC school?

May have been posted before but out of high school (class of 2018) 247 had him as the #29 CB in the country while Rivals had him as #12.

Appears he must’ve redshirted at Juco then played one to be a 3 for 3 guy.

Looks like he only played 5 games with only 8 total tackles last year at Independence CC.

He’ll be older and have gone through juco, but hasn’t played much football the last two years.
That’s not an ideal situation.

He also committed to LSU first, then Alabama, then Georgia before going to juco.

I’m hoping he’s ready to settle in and put in the work here at Nebraska. Still a big time talent to add to the DB room.... a welcome addition.

In not sure if he redshirted or not...he was a 2018 recruit and now a 2020 JUCO recruit. Doesn’t that mean he played during the 2019 season then? If so, he’d be a 3 for 3 player with a redshirt available....

Edited....maybe he was allowed to use a medical redshirt last year? Either way, I have no clue on the redshirt deal but I do know he’s a 3 for 3 player. That one is for sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: timnsun
I can’t hold back any longer. He definitely has qualified and will make the announcement Friday, not with a hat on a table, but a series of facial coverings... he’s gonna go with the skull and crossbones covering to reveal his pick of the huskers.

You heard it here first.
FMSCW.jpg

I can’t hold back any longer. He definitely has qualified and will make the announcement Friday, not with a hat on a table, but a series of facial coverings... he’s gonna go with the skull and crossbones covering to reveal his pick of the huskers.

You heard it here first.
Thanks for the info.

In not sure if he redshirted or not...he was a 2018 recruit and now a 2020 JUCO recruit. Doesn’t that mean he played during the 2019 season then? If so, he’d be a 3 for 3 player with a redshirt available....

Edited....maybe he was allowed to use a medical redshirt last year? Either way, I have no clue on the redshirt deal but I do know he’s a 3 for 3 player. That one is for sure.

2018 woulda been his first season at juco but they have no stats on him that year which means redshirt (possible injury perhaps??). He played only 5 games in 2019 making 8 total tackles, only 2 unassisted.
He’s had minimal football for two years, but the raw talent hopefully is still there. Fisher will get him going.

2018 woulda been his first season at juco but they have no stats on him that year which means redshirt (possible injury perhaps??). He played only 5 games in 2019 making 8 total tackles, only 2 unassisted.
He’s had minimal football for two years, but the raw talent hopefully is still there. Fisher will get him going.

I’m guessing the talent is still there. Both 24/7 and Rivals had him as the top ranked JUCO CB and Top 3 overall JUCO in the country and He still has a high 4 star ranking and that’s with only a few games played last year. Id say that’s a good sign on the talent part. The rest, I’m not worried about. Fisher will handle all that.

I’m guessing the talent is still there. Both 24/7 and Rivals had him as the top ranked JUCO CB and Top 3 overall JUCO in the country and He still has a high 4 star ranking and that’s with only a few games played last year. Id say that’s a good sign on the talent part. The rest, I’m not worried about. Fisher will handle all that.

The 5 games were kind of spaced out also (see below). Only 5 games in 2 years is a bit odd. May have been relegated to backup duty. But yeah, at least he played some ball and will now be in a good DB room that can help him get ready at Nebraska.

https://www.indypirates.com/sports/fball/2019-20/bios/joseph_nadab_hax2

Reactions: huskerssalts
The 5 games were kind of spaced out also (see below). Only 5 games in 2 years is a bit odd. May have been relegated to backup duty. But yeah, at least he played some ball and will now be in a good DB room that can help him get ready at Nebraska.

https://www.indypirates.com/sports/fball/2019-20/bios/joseph_nadab_hax2

“He redshirted his first season at Independence and played in five games last season, logging eight tackles. Harris said Joseph got hurt early in the season. Harris then told Joseph to forgo the final three games of the year so he could concentrate on his grades.”

Here you go my man....I thought I remembered reading about Joseph somewhere and why he didn’t play all his games his RS Freshman year. He did get hurt early on and then his head coach had him miss his final games to focus on grades so he’d make it academically to a power 5 team.

You heard it here first.
did he have any other choice?

Interesting, I had thought this was a Nebraska/Oklahoma battle. Seems like they aren't really a player in this one, after all.

Hoping for good news Friday!

Fisher, Chin, and Frost sold him on the Mike Hughes situation at UCF in 2017. He was a bounce back JUCO who played one season and became a 1st round draft pick. They see Joseph as a similar talent.

easier to get into nebraska than any SEC school?
Removing athletics from the question- yes/probably would be easier to get into NU than Vandy, Florida, Georgia, bama, mizzou, a&m. They each have a bit more academic cache than UNL.

all except Vandy, it not a big difference, but a difference.

with athletic allowances, probably not. The Big 10 has standards above the NCAA minimum, I don’t know, but am skeptical if the SEC does

Reactions: bigredhunter
Removing athletics from the question- yes/probably would be easier to get into NU than Vandy, Florida, Georgia, bama, mizzou, a&m. They each have a bit more academic cache than UNL.

all except Vandy, it not a big difference, but a difference.

with athletic allowances, probably not. The Big 10 has standards above the NCAA minimum, I don’t know, but am skeptical if the SEC does

Outside of Stanford, Vandy, Duke, and Northwestern, the standards for acceptance into a Power 5 football program are set at the NCAA eligibility minimums.

A 5-star National recruit with a 19 on his ACT and the bare minimum GPA threshold will get into any school he wants, even Notre Dame.

The SEC rule in question here is about Academic Integrity. Kids who had never passed a Math Class in High School were suddenly transferring A's in College Algebra after "taking the class" online.

The Big Ten believes kids aren't cheating.... or atleast pretends that's not the case.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT