ADVERTISEMENT

N v. BIG is getting more fun by the day ...

AVeritas

Junior
May 29, 2001
Now, Nebraska’s attorney general Douglas J. Peterson wrote a very ominous letter to Big Ten commissioner Kevin Warren. Peterson stated that the conference does not appear to have the proper registration to operate as a non-profit in Nebraska, asked the Big Ten to either prove that it is registered or explain why it is not, and requested documents of the bylaws and for evidence that the bylaws were followed in postponing the season. The letter also asks for documentation of all of the medical information that the Big Ten relied upon in making its decision. The attorney general says that the Big Ten must provide this information no later than September 21st. https://www.outkick.com/the-state-o...Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1599850468

78K806OHPM.gif

the fact the Steelers' GM came out and said he would draft players who played this year over those who don't significantly strengthened the players' case for irreparable damage to future earnings.

he is an expert witness, and the B1G couldn't have anticipated that bomb to be dropped right in the midst of this suit.

the fact the Steelers' GM came out and said he would draft players who played this year over those who don't significantly strengthened the players' case for irreparable damage to future earnings.

he is an expert witness, and the B1G couldn't have anticipated that bomb to be dropped right in the midst of this suit.
Or he's stating the obvious that sec has better players

Pretty amazing to see how upset and pissed-off some of the B10 schools are with this decision while others couldn't seem to care less.

I know that Iowa originally voted to play, but only Nebraska and Ohio State seem to be pushing the matter and trying to find ways to actually play.

Pretty amazing to see how upset and pissed-off some of the B10 schools are with this decision while others couldn't seem to care less.

I know that Iowa originally voted to play, but only Nebraska and Ohio State seem to be pushing the matter and trying to find ways to actually play.
The Don Quixotes of the league

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
For its own good the B1G just needs to allow each school to decide for itself whether it wants to play or not this season. You can never make every single team happy no matter what is decided. Somebody will be pissed and there will be lawsuits either way. So just let them each go their own way for one year.

Suing on a bit of a technicality. Boy the conference office is just going to LOVE us when this is all said and done. :).
We're going to be that in law family member that no one really wants to invite to Thanksgiving, but feels forced to.

I love it. Better have Bob Bolwsby on speed dial.

As a lawyer, I can state that if the State AG's are looking for technicalities to spear the B1G with they can find them and cause a lot of trouble for the B1G and potentially other member universities. The Nebraska and Ohio Attorney Generals can cause a lot of pain. Whether they can get the season back or not is a different issue. It appears that the University presidents are arrogant and oblivious to the practical implications of what they are doing.

This is good. I’m wondering if this part of the law was a result of when that guy from the Goodwill in Omaha took all of that money

As an Iowa fan I say good for Nebraska. I wish our State AG and the President, AD, etc. would start being more vocal too. Just voting to play isn't good enough anymore. We need to destroy these idiots and expose them and their agenda.
For a bunch of guys watching their departments get burned to the ground, the ADs have pretty much been in hiding. Moos has spoken up a little bit, but not very aggressively - and he’s probably been the most outspoken of the bunch.

For a bunch of guys watching their departments get burned to the ground, the ADs have pretty much been in hiding. Moos has spoken up a little bit, but not very aggressively - and he’s probably been the most outspoken of the bunch.
If they were told to keep a lid on it and they bucked a directive they could be released for cause.

Reactions: huskerfan66
As a lawyer, I can state that if the State AG's are looking for technicalities to spear the B1G with they can find them and cause a lot of trouble for the B1G and potentially other member universities. The Nebraska and Ohio Attorney Generals can cause a lot of pain. Whether they can get the season back or not is a different issue. It appears that the University presidents are arrogant and oblivious to the practical implications of what they are doing.
Thanks for weighing in. The political tail on this deal is pretty obvious. Kevin Warren, the Minnesota AG and the B1G's counsel all knew each other well in the Twin Cities. I don't think it's a stretch to speculate on a political conspiracy on this one. The Minnesota AG really amplified the reaction to Floyd Young's death by not releasing the whole video of his arrest until forced to. In addition the state's medical examiner clearly downplayed the importance of Young's fentanyl and meth levels.

IMO, Kevin Warren's statement and the Minnesota AG's actions both point directly at political motives. I hope Nebraska's AG puts the B!G assholes through the ringer. Their counsel's statement about the how embarrassing the information would be to the B!G sure would seem to indicate that we need the light of day shone on this deal and fast.

Suing on a bit of a technicality. Boy the conference office is just going to LOVE us when this is all said and done. :).
We're going to be that in law family member that no one really wants to invite to Thanksgiving, but feels forced to.

I love it. Better have Bob Bolwsby on speed dial.
I'm ok with it... it makes leaving the conference much easier if the other side wants you gone too.

But if the university stays in the conference, you better believe we are going to get shat on whenever possible.

These Presidents must not understand how there hurting future recruiting in the conference if they wait so long to play without a team having a chance playing in the college football playoffs..

He might be singling out players whose team is playing and they are opting out of playing. The pussy factor.

As an Iowa fan I say good for Nebraska. I wish our State AG and the President, AD, etc. would start being more vocal too. Just voting to play isn't good enough anymore. We need to destroy these idiots and expose them and their agenda.

In fairness, Iowa is in a different position than Ohio State and Nebraska. Ohio State and Michigan are the 800 pound gorillas of the conference - either of those schools can do and say whatever they want without fear. Iowa isn't an 800 pound gorilla in the Big 10 but it is a charter member - Iowa fans might be mad but not so mad that they would ever want to leave the Big 10 over it. Nebraska is in a much different position - for most of us, the Big 10 is simply a financial arrangement - we have no emotional attachment to the conference.

we have no emotional attachment to the conference.
At this point I think its the opposite. I've been ready to flush the B1G for the last three years. It's clear that $$ is the ONLY argument for staying. As powerful as that is there has to be a breaking point when our top level leadership has to be fed up with the invisible boot on our necks that will never be lifted.

At this point I think its the opposite. I've been ready to flush the B1G for the last three years. It's clear that $$ is the ONLY argument for staying. As powerful as that is there has to be a breaking point when our top level leadership has to be fed up with the invisible boot on our necks that will never be lifted.

Let’s be honest $$$ was the reason why we joined because of The big 12 not being very stable financially and teams leaving because of Texas controlling issues..

I'm ok with it... it makes leaving the conference much easier if the other side wants you gone too.

But if the university stays in the conference, you better believe we are going to get shat on whenever possible.

Agree. We may never be on the right side of a holding call again.

In fairness, Iowa is in a different position than Ohio State and Nebraska. Ohio State and Michigan are the 800 pound gorillas of the conference - either of those schools can do and say whatever they want without fear. Iowa isn't an 800 pound gorilla in the Big 10 but it is a charter member - Iowa fans might be mad but not so mad that they would ever want to leave the Big 10 over it. Nebraska is in a much different position - for most of us, the Big 10 is simply a financial arrangement - we have no emotional attachment to the conference.
I agree. Nebraska had no emotional attachment. It was more than just $$ and wanting to get away from Texas. The university leadership was looking at what BIG would bring from an academic standpoint. The BIG has delivered from that standpoint. Unfortunately Husker fans don't care two cents about that side of the equation. We can leave and be lost wondering in the desert and have a significant economic loss outside of football that will impact the Nebraska economy if we make athletics the determining factor. Not sure how many conferences would want a member that has proven to leave twice when things don't go their way. Maybe the Mountain West?? What do we have in common with them? Not mountains!

The bigger factor for Iowa is their recent race relations problem IMO. Ferentz and their AD aren't in any position to be taking bold stands right now.

Reactions: Oldie but goodie

At this point IF Nebraska can institute some action/change from the B1G Presidents via a lawuit, the B!G athletic directors would be very grateful. Change would mean axing the President's choice of Kevin Warren. I think most B!G ADs would be delighted if that would happen at this point.

well some are swing states and they have to make life as miserable as possible for their people so they can blame the bad orange clown for all the problems they brought on themselves.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT