ADVERTISEMENT

Myrtle Beach Vaca

I'll be down there as well. Do you golf? Lot's of great courses and we usually go to Bimini's oyster house at least once. We take our travel trailer so normally stay away from the major tourist areas, but it is a pretty good time. Everything is open as well.

Founder yourself on seafood. ART Burger Sushi Bar has a Bloody Mary that won’t disappoint. Take a day trip down to Charleston. The history is amazing. Did a horse drawn carriage tour of old part of town. There are buildings there that are older than our country.

Depends on what you're looking for. It was too touristy for our liking - preferred Charleston for it's history, beautiful architecture, etc. Our kids went to Myrtle Beach for band competitions and loved it, tho.

Reactions: dpnavy
Wear a mask.

But actually, take a quick trip down to Murrel's Inlet for a dinner one evening.

There are some neat places down there for a good Southern meal. I almost always find the smallest places to be the best. They are still in business for a reason in those parts.

Reactions: cornczechs
Wear a mask.

But actually, take a quick trip down to Murrel's Inlet for a dinner one evening.

There are some neat places down there for a good Southern meal. I almost always find the smallest places to be the best. They are still in business for a reason in those parts.

Cosign Murrels Inlet. Very nice options there.

Holla

Reactions: StoneTempleHusker
I'll be down there as well. Do you golf? Lot's of great courses and we usually go to Bimini's oyster house at least once. We take our travel trailer so normally stay away from the major tourist areas, but it is a pretty good time. Everything is open as well.

what kind of trailer do you have, stud?

Hot damn...how is that not your sig pic?

Because I'm Leodisflowers, not FlyingCloud... :Cool:

In all seriousness it is a great investment. We actually liked a few other brands better as far as the inside and setup, but they all lose their value so quickly and seem to be very cheaply made. If you maintain the Airstream it holds is value very well and it is pretty modular and easy to reconfigure.

In all seriousness it is a great investment. We actually liked a few other brands better as far as the inside and setup, but they all lose their value so quickly and seem to be very cheaply made. If you maintain the Airstream it holds is value very well and it is pretty modular and easy to reconfigure.
Do you belong to the airstream club?

Hope ya have one of these on it..

07886405c5382a9c5c338bcf0f07534a.jpg

Or this...

pw_0042_a9935b_trailer_park.jpg

Thanks for all of the suggestions, I am looking forward to some great seafood.

Heading out to Myrtle Beach over Labor Day weekend. Anyone have any suggestions on what to see or don't waste your time?? TIA.
We get there fairly often. 20 years ago it was totally Trans-Am Heaven, all service men and local girls trying too hard. Now, it can be pretty nice. I hope you are staying north of 16th street. From 5th to 14th it is super hard core tourist (Ripleys, crappy souvenir shops, arcades, bad restaurants), and if you get away from Ocean Blvd., along Kings Highway in that same area (5th to 14th), it is downright sketchy. Lots of fairly aggressive panhandlers and lots of pot smoke in the air.
Best food we had was at the Sea Captain's House on Ocean and 30th. Also enjoyed Bummz Beach Cafe at 20th. Both places have a great beachfront patio. There is also a really good breakfast place - the Parthenon or something like that around Ocean and 14th, maybe. There are a lot of crappy restaurants as well.
If you like to walk/run, going north on Ocean above 30th, you can see some really nice ($2M+) houses, and walk through a few parks. Beach access every block or two - we went up Ocean and back on the sand for our 4 - 5 mile walk each morning.
You should enjoy your time there if you can stay out of the hardcore tourist areas.

Reactions: dacred
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT