ADVERTISEMENT

Myles Garrett.

Garrett should be suspended for the year but banned for life ? What about the cheap cut blocks that ruin a players career ?

He should be hit with aggravated assault with a weapon charges, and suspended well into next year if not kicked off the team. If that helmet connected more square with Rudolphs head...yikes. Couldve been dead or permanently dumb.

Garrett should be suspended for 4-5 games or even the rest of the season and Rudolph suspended for 1 game.
Rudolph initiated the whole thing by trying to tear Garretts helmet off in the 1st place after being tackled. Garrett took things too far when he retaliated and actually took Rudolph’s helmet off.

oh please,that wasn't a cheap shot !
He was referring to the helmet to helmet hit on Diontee Johnson. You must be thinking of a different cheap shot by a Browns player. After this one, Johnson laid on the field for a few minutes and was bleeding out of an ear. A lot of times, in this situation a player will show remorse, take a knee, be apologetic. This guy stomped his feet like a four year old and acted as if he was surprised he was being thrown out.

which one of the two is a football play and which one wasn’t? Hitting the QB in the course of a play or taking a helmet and hitting a QB with said helmet? Seems to be the same hard nosed just make a play type play, right? Saw ESPN had someone on staff there make inference the QB had it coming because be might have said something racist. Then deleted it.

Yeah after the game a reporter tried to blame Rudolph by asking Garrett if Rudolph had been calling him names. How sick.

Garrett should be suspended for 4-5 games or even the rest of the season and Rudolph suspended for 1 game.
Rudolph initiated the whole thing by trying to tear Garretts helmet off in the 1st place after being tackled. Garrett took things too far when he retaliated and actually took Rudolph’s helmet off.

1 Nat's ass away from murder, yeah no big deal, just a few games suspension.

Reactions: HuskerDana
If Vontaze Burifect, with his history, got suspended for the entire year for a helmet-to-helmet hit, then it would be assumed that Garrett, with his history, should be suspended a lot longer for taking someone’s helmet off and hitting him over the head with it

Reactions: Top_Gun_
Where is the line between the NFL and where the police get involved? I’m guessing your get arrested pretty quickly if you hit someone in the head with a helmet outside a bar? When would paw enforcement get involved if this happens between 2 players at a game?

Where is the line between the NFL and where the police get involved? I’m guessing your get arrested pretty quickly if you hit someone in the head with a helmet outside a bar? When would paw enforcement get involved if this happens between 2 players at a game?

If Vontaze Burifect, with his history, got suspended for the entire year for a helmet-to-helmet hit, then it would be assumed that Garrett, with his history, should be suspended a lot longer for taking someone’s helmet off and hitting him over the head with it

Incognito and Burfect look like boyscouts now.

Reactions: Top_Gun_
You know when you go out drinking and you do something dumb, get in a fight, whatever. And when you wake up in the morning you have that terrible feeling of dread? I wonder how many million times worse that feeling was for Garrett this morning.

Reactions: TheNewNU
Comparing a football hit like Tatum's on Stingley to attacking someone with a helmet? Give me a break guys.. Just the fact that it is being compared is ridiculous and to say it is far fetched is not even close to the truth!

meh

he made a mistake, he might not be that bad of a guy
football might be one of the only organizing things in his life

some counseling - suspend him for a few games and then bring him back

Last edited:
The attack was unprecedented but I have never seen a qb try to take off the helmet of an all-pro defensive end that is nearly 9 feet tall. Crazy stupid qb ripping at the bottom of the helmet, then got his clock rung...needs to stfu. If the qb wants to fight, then fight but don't try to rip the helmet, get yours ripped off and then act like you didn't do anything.

The attack was unprecedented but I have never seen a qb try to take off the helmet of an all-pro defensive end that is nearly 9 feet tall. Crazy stupid qb ripping at the bottom of the helmet, then got his clock rung...needs to stfu. If the qb wants to fight, then fight but don't try to rip the helmet, get yours ripped off and then act like you didn't do anything.
Mason Rudolph has a right to self defense if he's getting attacked he can scratch claw and scrap to defend himself. What was he suposed to do? let Garrett slam him to the ground and do a finishing move?

Attempted Murder? Huh? I can see Criminal Assault but attempted murder. There won’t be an assault charge Bc the league is powerful and that would be a crossing of the Rubicon that would cause extreme problems for the league. I agree with a few earlier posters. 16 games without pay. Probably cost him $15m. That seems sufficient to me. Suspend him for all of ‘19 and ‘20 without pay if you really want to throw the book at him. I think that should suffice.

Mason Rudolph has a right to self defense if he's getting attacked he can scratch claw and scrap to defend himself. What was he suposed to do? let Garrett slam him to the ground and do a finishing move?
Um, he was tackled...was pissed because he was getting his lunch handed to him...that was his third straight hit. And Rudolf decided to try to rip off Garrett's helmet, while they were initially on the ground. If you try to rip a guys helmet off on the field you better succeed or GTFO...he failed and Garrett returned the favor. Obviously shouldn't have done it, but eye for an eye they say, and in the hood if both guys have a gun, and first shot misses, the shooter can't expect leniency.

Um, he was tackled...was pissed because he was getting his lunch handed to him...that was his third straight hit. And Rudolf decided to try to rip off Garrett's helmet, while they were initially on the ground. If you try to rip a guys helmet off on the field you better succeed or GTFO...he failed and Garrett returned the favor. Obviously shouldn't have done it, but eye for an eye they say, and in the hood if both guys have a gun, and first shot misses, the shooter can't expect leniency.
You must be a Browns fan. Welcome to the ignore list.

Actually Garrett threw him down and did not let go.. Watch..Rudolph's actions were then trying to get Garrett to let go. Sorry folks but this is all on Garrett..

Actually Garrett threw him down and did not let go.. Watch..Rudolph's actions were then trying to get Garrett to let go. Sorry folks but this is all on Garrett..

I saw Rudolph trying to get Garrett's helmet off. But yeah, it was WWE action there. That's taking it a little bit too far. Mason had every right to defend himself. Garrett has it all coming to him.

Guys kicking a defenceless player while on the ground is apparently acceptable...

When that player has just assaulted one of their players with a deadly weapon, then I would imagine most here would have that same kind of reaction.

A little bit of counseling and then get him back on the field
Many of these guys need the structure and organization that football provides

yeah, well this ain’t the hood, G. This is the NFL. The rules on attempted murder probably apply differently.

The whole “Rudolph went after Garrett’s helmet first, so Rudolph had it coming” argument is a pretty lame one. Big difference between emotions running high and assault with a deadly weapon.

Reactions: Gooniesneversaydie
yeah, well this ain’t the hood, G. This is the NFL. The rules on attempted murder probably apply differently.

The whole Rudolph went after Garrett’s helmet so Rudolph had it coming argument is a pretty lame one. Big difference between emotions running high and assault with a deadly weapon.

I am not sure that people actually watched the whole event, If they actually watch the event they will understand what Rudolph reacted to.. To say Garrett's actions were justified in any way, shape, or form are totally mistaken!

Reactions: HuskerDana
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT