ADVERTISEMENT

My Lord...whats up with our Baseball team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to the game today. The home run by Boldt was a bomb. It looked like it landed in the parking lot in right field. Waldron pitched well after getting into a little trouble in the first couple of innings. Knutson had trouble finding the zone today.

Went to the game today. The home run by Boldt was a bomb. It looked like it landed in the parking lot in right field. Waldron pitched well after getting into a little trouble in the first couple of innings. Knutson had trouble finding the zone today.
If we can get this young pitching staff some confidence and figure out the rotation. We can make a run at the BIG and Erstad's teams always get stronger as we go.

We went head to head, with some good teams that are baseball schools early in the season and held our own, even if we are a northern school. Can't help but feel this team will get stronger as we go. Look out boy's the Huskers are coming!

If we can get this young pitching staff some confidence and figure out the rotation. We can make a run at the BIG and Erstad's teams always get stronger as we go.

We went head to head, with some good teams that are baseball schools early in the season and held our own, even if we are a northern school. Can't help but feel this team will get stronger as we go. Look out boy's the Huskers are coming!

The Huskers lost 13 of their final 18 to end last season. That's getting stronger as we go?

I mean, it's better than a series loss. It was against a team we should have swept but....

No such thing, baseball teams lose to inferior opponents all the time. Heck, LSU already has 3 losses to inferior teams. We've won 8 of 9 so far through this home stand. Nobody is going to win them all, not even the best of the best.

No such thing, baseball teams lose to inferior opponents all the time. Heck, LSU already has 3 losses to inferior teams. We've won 8 of 9 so far through this home stand. Nobody is going to win them all, not even the best of the best.

LSU is a much better baseball team than we are. We're 3-6 against teams with winning records. We'll see what happens against Indiana State, which despite the winning record, is hardly a juggernaut.

LSU is a much better baseball team than we are. We're 3-6 against teams with winning records. We'll see what happens against Indiana State, which despite the winning record, is hardly a juggernaut.

Indiana St will be a good midweek test...they are usually a solid ballclub. Would be great to go 2-0 but a split is probably likely. The key will be to not lose series to the likes of teams like Purdue this year. And if we want to get to where we want to be every so years(hosting regionals) we need to sweep teams like Purdue...even on the road.

Does it seem like the hitting has changed a ton this year? Seems more HRs are being hit this season? Did DE change something?

Does it seem like the hitting has changed a ton this year? Seems more HRs are being hit this season? Did DE change something?

I think we are either at last years HR total or very close to it...obviously, we are going to destroy that number as the weather continues to warm up. Not sure what has changed outside of Erstad taking more control. We have a few guys like Reveles and Placzek who throughout their career were not known for any sort of power that have hit a few long balls. Schreiber is looking like someone who will eclipse double digits for HR total fairly easy.

I just found the stats for last year compared to this year. Last year as a team they had 22 total homeruns. This year they have 21 already. I would assume there was a change in hitting philosophy this year. Last years RBI total was 246 and they are at 102 so far this year. Last year was 57 games and 19 so far this year. Keep it up fellas.

Just for fun in 2014 through 62 games we had 19 homeruns and 331 RBIs. A stat I find under rated is LOB.
2014 - 473 (7.6 per game)
2015 - 440 (7.7 per game)
2016 - 168 (8.8 per game)

Thats a lot of runs left out there.

Third of the way through. If they do well in conference 40 wins is possible .

I just found the stats for last year compared to this year. Last year as a team they had 22 total homeruns. This year they have 21 already. I would assume there was a change in hitting philosophy this year. Last years RBI total was 246 and they are at 102 so far this year. Last year was 57 games and 19 so far this year. Keep it up fellas.

Just for fun in 2014 through 62 games we had 19 homeruns and 331 RBIs. A stat I find under rated is LOB.
2014 - 473 (7.6 per game)
2015 - 440 (7.7 per game)
2016 - 168 (8.8 per game)

Thats a lot of runs left out there.
I thought they changed the ball a little, maybe lowered the seems to help the hitters. Am I wrong?

Reveles and Placzek have been a very nice surprise at the plate.

It looks like they changed the ball last year and HRs did go up a but no changes this year. So I would guess DE made some changes hitting wise.

It looks like they changed the ball last year and HRs did go up a but no changes this year. So I would guess DE made some changes hitting wise.
He has taken charge of the hitters and has let them be more aggressive in hitters counts. They are driving fastballs when they see them.

Reactions: Hoosker Du
He has taken charge of the hitters and has let them be more aggressive in hitters counts. They are driving fastballs when they see them.
That's what I have seen. They are not watching fastballs go by when up in the count, and are not missing them much when they do swing. I never liked the over-focus on working pitch counts in college. Just see pitches up, and crush them.

Reactions: Hoosker Du
Awsome to see more homers but I guess that dont always mean more run production. Lets keep the winning ways no matter how they do it. However homers do make the game much more exciting. I cant wait to take my 3 year old to a game this year.

I think we are either at last years HR total or very close to it...obviously, we are going to destroy that number as the weather continues to warm up. Not sure what has changed outside of Erstad taking more control. We have a few guys like Reveles and Placzek who throughout their career were not known for any sort of power that have hit a few long balls. Schreiber is looking like someone who will eclipse double digits for HR total fairly easy.
What I love about Placzek (and this was the case last year when he wasn't an everyday player) is his ability to draw walks. He's batting .295, which is toward the lower end of our regulars, but leads the team in OB% (.459) and SLG% (.672). His 18 walks are double the next highest on the team (Miller has 9). The HR power from him is gravy.

That's a good midweek road sweept...I expect Indiana St to hover around the 100 RPI mark. Would be nice if they could get into the top 100 by the end of the year. Really hope we sweep this weekend...Purdue is a mess. Would be nice to get to 16-7 and 3-0 in Big Ten play.

That's a good midweek road sweept...I expect Indiana St to hover around the 100 RPI mark. Would be nice if they could get into the top 100 by the end of the year. Really hope we sweep this weekend...Purdue is a mess. Would be nice to get to 16-7 and 3-0 in Big Ten play.
Yes, and now NU can go into that Purdue series with a bit more rest. As discussed in another thread a couple of weeks ago, I like that scheduling move. Plus NU can probably get Indiana State to come into Lincoln next year or the year after for some midweek games.

Yes, and now NU can go into that Purdue series with a bit more rest. As discussed in another thread a couple of weeks ago, I like that scheduling move. Plus NU can probably get Indiana State to come into Lincoln next year or the year after for some midweek games.
FWIW They played a 2-game midweek series in Lincoln last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT