ADVERTISEMENT

My HC List

1. Urban Meyer — you make the man say no. He is the best guy out there, go get him. Yes, he might only be here a short time, but he can turn things around.
  2. Luke Fickell — Also a homerun. Would likely jump to OSU if given the chance.
  3. Dave Aranda — Understands the B1G 10, understands smash mouth defense. I would love this but then, I love smash mouth defenses 😁
  4. Jamey Chadwell — this is my take-a-flyer, leap-of-faith, next-big-thing. Hasn’t run a P5 program. Not sure we should do it, but he is an interesting pick.
I am not interested that much in G5 coaches or P5 coordinators. I mean maybe Todd Monken or Alex Grinch, but then why not take a flyer on Mickey (assuming he turns things around)?

What it comes down to for me is that my first 4 choices (well top 3 for sure) have the ability to put this program back on a footing competing for div/conf titles and with the expanded playoffs, a shot.

Most of the others I think are top-limited 8-9 win guys or have a ton of risk.
It appears to me regardless of how the rest of the season turns out that with the right DC and OC that Mickey could be successful at NU. I’m impressed thus far with his actions and communication skills. He needs to rally the troops these next 4 games and probably get to 5 wins to have a shot IMO

Reactions: headcard and dand84
It appears to me regardless of how the rest of the season turns out that with the right DC and OC that Mickey could be successful at NU. I’m impressed thus far with his actions and communication skills. He needs to rally the troops these next 4 games and probably get to 5 wins to have a shot IMO
For me, it is his job to lose unless TA produces a top tier name. (If he gets to a bowl and a winningish season). Otherwise, just too much risk. BOB, Campbell, Leipold and some others being bandied about are examples of the later.

• Haha
Reactions: WHCSC
I don’t understand folks’ Leipold or bust positions because he’s done what, exactly? He’s 3-0 at Kansas this year? Just on his record alone he was 37-33 at Buffalo and is 5-10 at Kansas. Yeah.. seems like a good get at rebuilding the foundation of Nebraska football to compete with USC, Ohio State, Michigan, etc.

Do folks not want Nebraska to be good and great again or what
I think his 6 division III national titles are in his favor, but yeah, I get what you are saying. I would like to see a larger division I sample size first.

Reactions: BleedRed78
For me, it is his job to lose unless TA produces a top tier name. (If he gets to a bowl and a winningish season). Otherwise, just too much risk. BOB, Campbell, Leipold and some others being bandied about are examples of the later.
My wish list:

1) Meyer
2) Fickell
3) Aranda
4) Rhule
5) O’Brien
6) Campbell
7) Chadwell
8) Joseph

I also thought Scott Frost was a home run hire for us last time though, so there’s that.

My wish list:

1) Meyer
2) Fickell
3) Aranda
4) Rhule
5) O’Brien
6) Campbell
7) Chadwell
8) Joseph

I also thought Scott Frost was a home run hire for us last time though, so there’s that.
So did I 🤣🤣🤣. BOB and Campbell are “no” for me. Shrug. I’m fine with the rest. Don’t get me wrong, but I just think those 2 aren’t our best options.

Probably couldn't get a better recruiter as a head coach, unless Meyer was interested.

Reactions: dand84
Scott Frost 2.0?
@phoenix4nu, I totally get the trepidation irt someone like Chadwell. Especially after Frost. I have actually seen quite a bit of CC. I am telling you...imo....Caldwell would do quite well here. Scott couldn't hold Caldwell's jockstrap.

The key would be to have the checkbook open for a top-flight DC.

If you haven't had a chance to see much of CC, check them out. It is not all about just hoping that you can actually just out-athlete defenses at the skill positions, like what you saw with UCF-led SF. JMHO.

@phoenix4nu, I totally get the trepidation irt someone like Chadwell. Especially after Frost. I have actually seen quite a bit of CC. I am telling you...imo....Caldwell would do quite well here. Scott couldn't hold Caldwell's jockstrap.

The key would be to have the checkbook open for a top-flight DC.

If you haven't had a chance to see much of CC, check them out. It is not all about just hoping that you can actually just out-athlete defenses at the skill positions, like what you saw with UCF-led SF. JMHO.
Maybe. But his career is very similar to Frost's career - his success at CC has been with one quarterback. It's possible that the success is more due to the quarterback than the coach.

Reactions: moralvictories
If I am picking based on this season and todays games, etc among actual possibilities (no Urban, etc)
I like either Fickel, the Arky coach, and Aranda.. next tier Leipold, Clawson, Doeren

Reactions: headcard
  1. Urban Meyer — you make the man say no. He is the best guy out there, go get him. Yes, he might only be here a short time, but he can turn things around.
  3. Dave Aranda — Understands the B1G 10, understands smash mouth defense. I would love this but then, I love smash mouth defenses 😁
  4. Jamey Chadwell — this is my take-a-flyer, leap-of-faith, next-big-thing. Hasn’t run a P5 program. Not sure we should do it, but he is an interesting pick.
I am not interested that much in G5 coaches or P5 coordinators. I mean maybe Todd Monken or Alex Grinch, but then why not take a flyer on Mickey (assuming he turns things around)?

What it comes down to for me is that my first 4 choices (well top 3 for sure) have the ability to put this program back on a footing competing for div/conf titles and with the expanded playoffs, a shot.

Wildcard no one is mentioning: Dino Babers from Syracuse.

Chris Peterson for a fast turn around

Reactions: leodisflowers
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT