ADVERTISEMENT

My .02 Offensive Coordinator list

antirowboat

Junior
Jan 30, 2021
Jeff Grimes - Baylor

Joe Moorehead at Oregon - Big Ten experience.

Tom Manning at Iowa State - I style of offense he runs is a great fit for the Big Ten.

Warren Ruggiero at Wake Forest

Brent Davis at Army

Kendal Briles at Arkansas

Rich Rodriquez at Lousaina Monroe

Andy Ludwig at Utah

We would need to pay more than $1 million a year to get any of those guys but any of those guys would be massive upgrades. If I could handpick two names out of that list, I'd take Jeff Grimes and Tom Manning, with a slight lean towards Tom Manning.

If you get Tom Manning, you get the guy behind that Iowa State program that has allowed that program to turn the corner.

Jeff Grimes - Baylor

Tom Manning at Iowa State - I style of offense he runs is a great fit for the Big Ten.

Brent Davis at Army

Andy Ludwig at Utah

We would need to pay more than $1 million a year to get any of those guys but any of those guys would be massive upgrades. If I could handpick two names out of that list, I'd take Jeff Grimes and Tom Manning, with a slight lean towards Tom Manning.

If you get Tom Manning, you get the guy behind that Iowa State program that has allowed that program to turn the corner.
Why would Manning leave ISU for Nebraska? He's been with Campbell and helped him build the Clone program. At this point Iowa State is a better program with a chance to continue being upper tier in Big 12. Going to Nebraska is a no win game this next year. One and done. Failure could affect the rest of his career.

Why would Manning leave ISU for Nebraska? He's been with Campbell and helped him build the Clone program. At this point Iowa State is a better program with a chance to continue being upper tier in Big 12. Going to Nebraska is a no win game this next year. One and done. Failure could affect the rest of his career.
More money, and he left Iowa State once already. If he turns around the Nebraska offense, he sets himself up for a head coaching job or NFL job. He is only 38 years old so this is a good time to get more experience and push for a head coaching career if he wants that.

Would have to offer around $1.5M per year to get him though.

Reactions: BleedRed78
home-alone-guns.gif

Plus the Big 12 will be a wasteland once OU and Texas leave.
That isn’t happening for the 2022 season. Probably won’t happen before the 2023 season. That gives Campbell at least 2 off seasons to be picked off by an elite program.

Just saying OU and Texas leaving is only relevant if Campbell has told Manning he is staying in Ames forever. Otherwise, many othe opportunities will present themselves before OU and Texas leave the league.

I agree. Moving with Campbell to his next job (which would be a major step up) and at the same time being considered to be the next head coach at Iowa State, or even staying with Campbell at Iowa State and trying for some head coaching positions in the MAC, etc. would be a better option than coming to NU under these circumstances.

I'm more interested and concerned to see who comes in to coach the line.
I'm interested in how they are going to coach the line. Enough of this finesse crap and the stupidity of using these empty backfield let's block with only five play designs.

Trev has said Frost has a plan and he's on board with it. Frost has said there isn't going to be massive change to the offense.

The most likely scenario seems to me is we aren't installing someone else's offense for them to run as they please.

I know some people were thick when Frost said years ago he wasn't installing TOs playbook, andsome fans thought there was a chance even though Scott announced the FB position dead at NU. but sometimes words mean things.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Trev has said Frost has a plan and he's on board with it. Frost has said there isn't going to be massive change to the offense.

The most likely scenario seems to me is we aren't installing someone else's offense for them to run as they please.

I know some people were thick when Frost said years ago he wasn't installing TOs playbook, andsome fans thought there was a chance even though Scott announced the FB position dead at NU. but sometimes words mean things.
I doubt Trev will let Frost hire whoever the hell he wants. If Frost hires someone that just runs what he already runs, then Frost will be on the unemployment line by October 2nd of 2022. If they are smart, they will hire a person that can run an offense independently and be successful at doing it.

Smart hire and be employed at Nebraska in 2023 or unemployment line.

Jeff Grimes - Baylor

Brent Davis at Army

Andy Ludwig at Utah

We will try and pick some guys from a program where the head coach has been fired. TCU, LSU, USC, etc. I doubt it works however. Frost is such a db I’m not sure anybody will work for him.

Moorhead is the biggest pipe dream on that list, IMO. Oregon is a very good program with a ton of resources and he’s already making good money.

Grimes would be probably be my choice off of those (or anyone), but that seems unrealistic too. Me could follow Aranada to a better job or could even be in line for a HC himself, same with Manning.

The others are probably all attainable, but more of a roll of the dice. I would add a couple guys currently analysts like Tom Herman (wishful) and Kirk Ciarroca (attainable).

Reactions: Minn1954
@ Antirowboat...
Why do you act like you are some kind of insider that knows what these coaches will take? Please stop you are not a prophet nor do you have any credibility here... you are entitled to your own opinion however you are not entitled to your own facts!! And get off the nutts of the iowa state coaches already.. let it go bud

@ Antirowboat...
Why do you act like you are some kind of insider that knows what these coaches will take? Please stop you are not a prophet nor do you have any credibility here... you are entitled to your own opinion however you are not entitled to your own facts!! And get off the nutts of the iowa state coaches already.. let it go bud

They are good coaches and are good fits dumb ****.

They are good coaches and are good fits dumb ****.
Your problem is you state your opinion as fact.. like saying we would need to offer at least 1.5 mil to get him... you clearly have know idea if thats true but you dont care... just like you think you know the ins and outs of TA and Frost talks or who won??? Untill you change your mind again... you are like an anchor for CNN on here and no matter how much you pump your "im in the know" garbage the more you prove me right...
Im pretty sure we all know who is the dumb ****
This is why you are so disliked by so many on here.. tool

Your problem is you state your opinion as fact.. like saying we would need to offer at least 1.5 mil to get him... you clearly have know idea if thats true but you dont care... just like you think you know the ins and outs of TA and Frost talks or who won??? Untill you change your mind again... you are like an anchor for CNN on here and no matter how much you pump your "im in the know" garbage the more you prove me right...
Im pretty sure we all know who is the dumb ****
This is why you are so disliked by so many on here.. tool
They are all highly paid OC's dumb ****. That is why you would need to pay over a milion dollars to get one of them. If you want to try and talk smack, turn the brain cells on first.

They are all highly paid OC's dumb ****. That is why you would need to pay over a milion dollars to get one of them. If you want to try and talk smack, turn the brain cells on first.
Dude there was no smack talk
My problem isnt with the highly paid OCs or the fact that they would be good fits.... its YOU and now your on ignore like so many others already have done to you.. i guarantee you wouldnt have the balls to talk to me in person like you do behind a keyboard!

• Wow
Reactions: kakdawg
Damn dudes seriously that triggered about another guys opinion? Seriously what are we doing here?

"I guarantee you wouldn't have the balls to talk to me in person like you do behind a keyboard". 😲😲😲

Holla

Damn dudes seriously that triggered about another guys opinion? Seriously what are we doing here?

"I guarantee you wouldn't have the balls to talk to me in person like you do behind a keyboard". 😲😲😲

Holla
Its been coming bud.. ive held my tongue for quite a bit.with him.... it wasnt just this last comment.. and yes i stand behind what i said

Reactions: kakdawg
Its been coming bud.. ive held my tongue for quite a bit.with him.... it wasnt just this last comment.. and yes i stand behind what i said

....ahhh so there's history. I got ya. Man I know it's hard. I struggle with it sometimes as well. We all have strong opinions and many times they differ. But it's when it becomes personal that I cringe. I hope u guys can discuss it without it being personal.

Anyways have a good day brother.

Holla

Reactions: yunginsNU2
Jeff Grimes - Baylor

Brent Davis at Army

Andy Ludwig at Utah

Appreciate your list, but Davis and Rich Rod are probably the only two that you would get bites from and possibly hire.

Manning and Ruggs are attached at the hip to their HC's as both of their HCs are in line for bigger jobs soon, neither of them making a lateral move to work for Frost for a year.

Ludwig Utah again he loves Utah (just like their HC) and wont leave, this is his 2nd stint there and he is from Utah. He is also one of the highest paid coordinators in the Pac already.

Grimes is at Baylor and with Aranda, Aranda is a rising star after this year, so Grimes will stay and get paid, or he will go with Aranda in a year or two to a bigger job, or take a HC job somewhere in a few years. A one year kamikaze mission to NU is not somthing that would appeal to him.

Moorehead, again, Oregon is a good program and their coach is on the rise and they are..I dont see what the appeal would be.

I think some of you are getting the OC Job during normal times at NU confused, with the OC job at NU in this specific situation.

The OC job at NU during normal times is a pretty good job where lots of people would be interested.

The OC job at NU during these specific circumstances..is not really as appealing as you think especially to anyone thinking of making a lateral move.

Last edited:
Our new OC will be a position coach promotion that no one on this board mentions. Take it to the bank.

Holla
He is one of those weirdos. It's like some fans don't want Frost to hire a good coordinator.

More money, and he left Iowa State once already. If he turns around the Nebraska offense, he sets himself up for a head coaching job or NFL job. He is only 38 years old so this is a good time to get more experience and push for a head coaching career if he wants that.

Would have to offer around $1.5M per year to get him though.
do it

Why is going to Nebraska a no win game is in game?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT