ADVERTISEMENT

MVPs of Indiana Game

Palmer had a great game but to nitpick I wish he didn't dance around as much on punt returns and just headed straight upfield. Still, it was more punt return yards than we've seen around here in awhile. 👍👍
Yeah I don't know what the deal was with him running backwards to catch a punt. Totally unnecessary.

Anthony Grant ran like a man. He helped Benhart give up the sack TD, but dude ran hard as hell.

Reactions: headcard
Mickey Joseph
Bill Busch
Luke Reimer.
Trey Palmer
Casey Thompson
Mark Whipple
Grant Nelson has been the one guy on defense that plays with a lot of fire and he made several big plays. Hartzog was very impressive for playing in his first game. I don't know how anyone can leave out Anthony Grant. And finally, despite the last punt, Buschini is a major upgrade at punter that helps win the field position battle.

Player of the game : whoever goes in for Benhardt
Yeah I'm at that point where Benhart just hasn't showed an ounce of improvement in 4 years and it's time for someone that won't whiff on blocks even if they don't have Benhart's size. Benhart was a HS AA but just never developed at all.

Reactions: BleedRed78
I have mostly positives from this game and am really pumped about next week. However, Casey had an awful most of the game but finished well. Before last night I was kind of thinking it my be coach Whipp but after seeing Whipp and Mickey on CT’s ass on a failed 3rd & 2, I realized CT just not reading well. If you recall, that 3rd and 2 was a run play and so it appears that they were after him because he didn’t read the defense at all. He’s done that a lot. Especially when it comes to not reading when he should run.

The one positive he did gain at the end of the night was trusting in Palmer. If guys are covered, you go to Trey even if he’s covered. When you have a true #1 like that you trust your guy will make the play. We won’t face a DB that can stack up to Palmer outside of Michigan and Iowa. If they bracket Trey out, they will leave open running lanes and another receiver. If they play Trey man, he will burn
them.

Casey is too old not to be able to read the field. But sadly it’s all we got right now and nothing else in the immediate making. Just hope CT gets better Each week.

I have mostly positives from this game and am really pumped about next week. However, Casey had an awful most of the game but finished well. Before last night I was kind of thinking it my be coach Whipp but after seeing Whipp and Mickey on CT’s ass on a failed 3rd & 2, I realized CT just not reading well. If you recall, that 3rd and 2 was a run play and so it appears that they were after him because he didn’t read the defense at all. He’s done that a lot. Especially when it comes to not reading when he should run.

The one positive he did gain at the end of the night was trusting in Palmer. If guys are covered, you go to Trey even if he’s covered. When you have a true #1 like that you trust your guy will make the play. We won’t face a DB that can stack up to Palmer outside of Michigan and Iowa. If they bracket Trey out, they will leave open running lanes and another receiver. If they play Trey man, he will burn
them.

Casey is too old not to be able to read the field. But sadly it’s all we got right now and nothing else in the immediate making. Just hope CT gets better Each week.
Dude holds the ball like it's glued to his hand...

So the you know that the special teams coach generally tells you how far the punter kicks it and where you should line up. Sometimes the punter kicks it further than that and you have to back up.

Also lol at its not that hard.
There's a reason I said he unnecessarily moves backward. He was doing that even when he didn't have to back up. It's at the catchpoint where he was moving backward for no reason.

There's a reason I said he unnecessarily moves backward. He was doing that even when he didn't have to back up. It's at the catchpoint where he was moving backward for no reason.
I saw him adjusting to the ball.

Then actually returning it.

them.

Casey was money last night. Yeah he held the ball too long at times but he took a beating sometimes even whe he wasn’t. That throw to Martin and the one to Palmer were outstanding. We’re lucky to have him. His rarely goes to the wrong receiver. Wish he was more of a run threat.

Casey was money last night. Yeah he held the ball too long at times but ge took a beating sometimes even whe he wasn’t. That throw to Martin and the one to Palmer were outstanding. We’re lucky to have him. His rarely goes to the wrong receiver. Wish he was more of a run threat.
He wasn't money last night. He did some nice things, but he wasn't lighting the world on fire.

Palmer should have had a much bigger impact, but 11 couldn't get him the ball. Dude has a bad habit of not throwing ball and tacking unnecessary sacks.

Tough kid. Took a beating, some of it was his own fault.

Reactions: Yantzeee
He wasn't money last night. He did some nice things, but he wasn't lighting the world on fire.

Palmer should have had a much bigger impact, but 11 couldn't get him the ball. Dude has a bad habit of not throwing ball and tacking unnecessary sacks.

Tough kid. Took a beating, some of it was his own fault.
We don’t win that game without Thompson’s arm last night. No he’s not perfect but damn he overall did a good job considering the pressure he gets on ever drop

The defense settled in at the second half of the game, very encouraging.

We don’t win that game without Thompson’s arm last night. No he’s not perfect but damn he overall did a good job considering the pressure he gets on ever drop
Not saying we do. I'm just saying he wasn't money. He makes lots of mistakes.

Dude doesn't see the field all that well. He's a good qb, not great. JMO.

Reactions: Dylman and Yantzeee
Not saying we do. I'm just saying he wasn't money. He makes lots of mistakes.

Dude doesn't see the field all that well. He's a good qb, not great. JMO.
Well I’ll have to disagree but I’m not a QB coach. Never said he was great but he made some great throws last night. That TD to Martin was perfect and a great read.

Well I’ll have to disagree but I’m not a QB coach. Never said he was great but he made some great throws last night. That TD to Martin was perfect and a great read.
He made some really nice throws, some really bad ones, and took some terrible sacks.

Certainly not trying to be argumentative, I just don't think he was money last night.

Reactions: dinglefritz
He made some really nice throws, some really bad ones, and took some terrible sacks.

Certainly not trying to be argumentative, I just don't think he was money last night.
Respect your view. I just think we’re screwed without him

Reactions: JOHNNY N
The guys trying. It’s not lack of effort
Previous games in definitely looked like it was lack of effort and that's why he was so infuriating for a lot of us. In this game he had his motor turned on from the first snap until the end of the game which is huge and shows maturity. Mistakes are gonna happen with anyone and as long as they're coachable/fixable mistakes and not due to an loe then they're forgivable (obviously good coaching helps with this too). Like I said, he deserves credit in this game because he was a noticeably different player.

Respect your view. I just think we’re screwed without him
I too agree that we’re screwed without him just because of how the depth lines up behind him. I think he’s the best we got and what he has can win us games. I just don’t think he can take the team to a new level. He’s got no mental clock nor can he read. Hopefully Torres can gain some weight or we need to go back to the transfer portal next year

I too agree that we’re screwed without him just because of how the depth lines up behind him. I think he’s the best we got and what he has can win us games. I just don’t think he can take the team to a new level. He’s got no mental clock nor can he read. Hopefully Torres can gain some weight or we need to go back to the transfer portal next year
I’m not ready to give up on Purdy. He missed most of spring ball and doesn’t get many reps with the ones. That fumble wasn’t on him. I think Whip can coach him up if he’s retained. I’m living week to week right now

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT