ADVERTISEMENT

"Must Win" Game? I Say Yes.

SE was fine. You are just being led to be kind he was garbage because a bitter, butthurt crusty old $-;@ can’t get over the fact that he is a terrible AD and had to be moved on. Said it before, program will be stuck in neutral until his dying breath because he won’t stay out of it.

In 5 years, what were Shawn Eichorst's accomplishments here? Because I honestly can't think of any, other than firing Pelini.

In 5 years, what were Shawn Eichorst's accomplishments here? Because I honestly can't think of any, other than firing Pelini.

He showed us we shouldn't hire anyone from WI. They want Nebraska to do poor so it helps their home state. Also don't trust anything that Alvarez says for what Nebraska should do.

SE was fine. You are just being led to be kind he was garbage because a bitter, butthurt crusty old $-;@ can’t get over the fact that he is a terrible AD and had to be moved on. Said it before, program will be stuck in neutral until his dying breath because he won’t stay out of it.
Wow, this is about as dumb as it gets.

Guess, you are the bitter old man, huh?

Now we blame TO for Riley sucking. We deserve what we get.

So says crustybitterbutthurtsafetyplay.

Last edited:
I'm not sure I would put it quite so bluntly, but I will say it must be very distracting running the department and coaching with the "Nebraska Way" cabal lurking around every corner.

People don’t like the implication, but it is very true. Said cabal is lead by a bitter man with a bruised ego from his failed run for governor and his dumpster fire legacy as AD. A friend from out of state showed me the full page middle finger to the cabal in the OWH. It’s too bad that the guys there have suddenly become toothless and scared to report the truth on crusty.

I'm not sure I would put it quite so bluntly, but I will say it must be very distracting running the department and coaching with the "Nebraska Way" cabal lurking around every corner.
Oh come on. This is how it is with every blue blood program. That is the price you pay for becoming a millionaire while coaching at a blue blood school. The fan base and boosters at those schools ALL expect the current regime to uphold the winning tradition of the school as well as some of the idiosyncratic ways of doing things peculiar to that school. My wife is a Notre Dame grad so I talk with her friends from school all the time. They sound just like Husker fans.

The problem isn't with those fans who want us to return to an older style of play. The problem isn't with Tom Osborne. The problem isn't with the "fishbowl pressure" fans at a blue blood program are putting on the coach.

The problem is that Mike Riley brought the wrong assistant coaches with him when he was hired here, delaying the recovery of the program. The problem is we fired a 9 win coach and replaced him with a coach who seems to specialize in losing. The problem is we seem to be regressing and not progressing.

All this bitter shit will evaporate if and when Nice Mike starts winning games.

And how about a little respect on here for the greatest coach who ever graced our sidelines.

And I know it is fashionable on here to act all superior and trash those naive and ignorant fans who think we need to go back to Osborne's offense, but what is their real crime? Being die hard fans who are sick of the past 20 years and who think maybe we should try and replicate our style of play from when we were good? Oh the horror! How silly! We can't run that offense now! Don't they know that?

I know one offense we can't seem to run well. Riley's

People don’t like the implication, but it is very true. Said cabal is lead by a bitter man with an ego that hasn’t taken his lumps in losing the governor’s race and being a failed AD wel.

Oh come on. This is how it is with every blue blood program. That is the price you pay for becoming a millionaire while coaching at a blue blood school. The fan base and boosters at those schools ALL expect the current regime to uphold the winning tradition of the school as well as some of the idiosyncratic ways of doing things peculiar to that school. My wife is a Notre Dame grad so I talk with her friends from school all the time. They sound just like Husker fans.

The problem isn't with those fans who want us to return to an older style of play. The problem isn't with Tom Osborne. The problem isn't with the "fishbowl pressure" fans at a blue blood program are putting on the coach.

The problem is that Mike Riley brought the wrong assistant coaches with him when he was hired here, delaying the recovery of the program. The problem is we fired a 9 win coach and replaced him with a coach who seems to specialize in losing. The problem is we seem to be regressing and not progressing.

All this bitter shit will evaporate if and when Nice Mike starts winning games.

And how about a little respect on here for the greatest coach who ever graced our sidelines.

Osborne has met with Riley and recognizes that they are cut from a similar cloth. Since that means someone’s success could hurt his legacy, he has actively worked against him. He could have calmed the waters at anytime in the past few years, but instead he becomes incensed when the public found out that he met with Riley in private.

M
With the slate of visitors and the positive boost NU can get if they put it all together and get an exciting W on Saturday, I feel like this is a make-or-break game for the program.

Do it right, you're proving progress, beating a divisional rival who has backhand slapped you repeatedly, and setting yourself up to get commits from elite recruits.

Fall on your face, and it starts to take on that feel of "never gonna happen." Right or wrong, the supply of political capital is starting to run short for this staff. They need some statement wins to give fans and boosters the sense that NU is trending upward.

I hope they get it done. UW is in as vulnerable a position as they've been in recent years missing Cichy for the year and with Fumagale less than 100%. If Nebraska can't capitalize and get the win with this setup, when can they get it done?

Make the NU 1997 Championship Team proud!!

Osborne has met with Riley and recognizes that they are cut from a similar cloth. Since that means someone’s success could hurt his legacy, he has actively worked against him. He could have calmed the waters at anytime in the past few years, but instead he becomes incensed when the public found out that he met with Riley in private.

Jesus...

Come on, jaw. You can't actually believe that Riley's lack of success is also because of TO. I have agreed with you quite a bit in the past, but this is a tin foil hat post.

Who's the bitter, butthurt crusty old ****?Winking

Reactions: huskerfan1414
People don’t like the implication, but it is very true. Said cabal is lead by a bitter man with an ego that hasn’t taken his lumps in losing the governor’s race and being a failed AD wel.

Coaches not hired by TO are responsible for the only losing seasons in Nebraska history since 1961. But somehow TO is the reason our program is a mess, huh?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT