ADVERTISEMENT

Music City Bowl canceled

Not surprised. Iowa should have canceled when Kirk and 6 of his coaches had to isolate.

They didn't follow the 6ft rule.

3330.jpg

So they were allowed to go home and still play in the bowl game if it was not cancelled?
Sounds like Mizzou let the players go home and now Iowa is salty with them about it. Ironic, as Iowa just had its own bout with the Rona.

I know this isn’t actually what you are looking for, but I’m sure someone else will take the bait.

Sounds like Mizzou let the players go home and now Iowa is salty with them about it. Ironic, as Iowa just had its own bout with the Rona.

I know this isn’t actually what you are looking for, but I’m sure someone else will take the bait.
I would have been perfectly fine with players going home but still voting to play in the bowl game if that were possible. I would have encouraged the players to go home for a few days considering the year and everything going on. If the game got cancelled it got cancelled. But at least you can say you tried.

It is not hard to say, at all. Mizzou fans could be bad, but they are no where near the level of these Iowa clowns, not even the same Universe.

Missouri longest winning streak against us was 6 games from 1957-1962.And Nebraska just was beginning their hay day years with the arrive of Devaney..
Ioway is present during our worst 4 of 5 years since the Jennings era..

Reactions: headcard
Missouri longest winning streak against us was 6 games from 1957-1962.And Nebraska just was beginning their hay day years with the arrive of Devaney..
Ioway is present during our worst 4 of 5 years since the Jennings era..

Exactly. We had 100+ years of history with Mizzou. They had to endure a lot of losing. In the 2000’s they got competitive and were pretty obnoxious, but nothing like this. Now the Mizzou/KU rivalry is pretty intense, KU fans may have a different take.

We have 10 years of history with Iowa, in which they have been more successful winning 7 out of 10 games, and they are still completely obsessed and out of control. I started a thread once to try to find out why and the only answer outside of name calling was the Omaha media covers Nebraska too much and TO didn’t suspend some players enough games in the 90’s. Wow.

Last edited:
meh, Iowa fans are certainly worse on the internet. But in person, I would say misery fans were far far worse.
Man, that’s the truth. I was actually at the game in Columbia in 2003 when they broke the long win streak. They tore down the goal posts, marched them down town, the whole nine. They were in your face belligerent.

I have never been to a game at IC, but did go to an Iowa game in Lincoln (the one where Pelini tried to kill a ref and get fired) and they seemed fine there, when getting free drinks and compliments. But these Iowa fans on this site, they have some serious, serious issues. Like creepy, messed up people.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT