ADVERTISEMENT

Muschamp to Michigan

It will take about a month before they are at each other’s throat.
To be a fly on the wall. The only way it works is if Muschie realizes he isn't cut out to be a head coach and this is his best option to keep a good job. If I were him I might hang around to see what else opens up.

Reactions: scarletred
To be a fly on the wall. The only way it works is if Muschie realizes he isn't cut out to be a head coach and this is his best option to keep a good job. If I were him I might hang around to see what else opens up.
By now he's got plenty of scratch in the bank. Anyone who hires him as a head coach is foolish.

I know will had some good defenses as a DC, but his defenses at SC mostly stunk.

South Carolina to Michigan... major downgrade in location. Very surprised he went north...

Are you just saying stuff to say stuff? I dislike Harbaugh as much as anyone, but I'd rather be in Ann Arbor than Columbia. Maybe that's just me. Ann Arbor is a nice college town. They're the winningest program of all time. What's not to like about Michigan? Are we talking about cold in winter? I used to love the cold when I lived up north.

Reactions: headcard
This is a smart move by both guys.

If the defense is good next year, Will leaves and grabs a new HC gig.
If the defense sucks, JH cans him and gets a little more time before he "leaves"

Reactions: bigredhunter
Are you just saying stuff to say stuff? I dislike Harbaugh as much as anyone, but I'd rather be in Ann Arbor than Columbia. Maybe that's just me. Ann Arbor is a nice college town. They're the winningest program of all time. What's not to like about Michigan? Are we talking about cold in winter? I used to love the cold when I lived up north.
According to this board winter cannot be survived and nobody chooses to live in a place that has winters.

Reactions: bigboxes
I wasn't ever overly impressed with Muschamp's defenses. They could definitely do worse than him, but I think there's better guys out there.

I wasn't ever overly impressed with Muschamp's defenses. They could definitely do worse than him, but I think there's better guys out there.

He had a great defense at Florida but at USCe his defense wasn’t good at all.

Yeah, personally rather be closer to a beach, and avoid cold winters. Also, don’t see many southern coaches move north.

Huge party - celebration tonight in Columbus at Broad and High streets - starts at 7:00
Mayor Andrew Ginther has officially proclaimed January 8, 2020 as "Jim Harbaugh Day" in Columbus. What a joyous occasion. Mayor Ginther refused Jim's request to have a sleepover.

• Haha
Reactions: dinglefritz
Ohio state fans about to celebrate

It's an incentive heavy deal that makes it easier to fire him if they want later. Michigan's problem isn't unlike ours. Where do they go if their favorite son doesn't get it done? Personally I think they may be best off doing what they just did in kicking the can down the road. OSU got very lucky with the Fields transfer working out so well. Michigan has the talent across the board to compete with OSU. Stringing him out on his contract probably didn't help player buy in. I suspect Michigan will be much better next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT