ADVERTISEMENT

MSU player admits to intentionally disrupting the NU snap count

kaz36

Nebraska Legend
Staff
May 2, 2005
Clap!!!!

Edited to add link. I thought I had added it.

This post was edited on 2/21 3:58 PM by kaz36

And we still clapped the rest of the year after whining about it. Let's hope the new staff can maybe adjust after things like that happen.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by kaz36:
CLAP!!!![/URL]
lol funny how that stuff never hurts Urban at tOSU when we stole that clap from them in the first place.

Our coaches knew that MSU clapped to change some of their D calls, yet they did not have the brain power to actually think to change the way we snap the ball going into the game with them, nor did they change it up even during the game when it "seemed" like it disrupted one of our snaps. The brainpower of our former coaches was just simply bad. Kind of the reason why our HC is now coaching D1AA and our assistants have taken jobs a lower level schools....sums it up perfectly.

But MSU did use the clapping to move their guys on D and they had been doing it for years, we had just adopted clapping to snap the ball like the year previous (after we copied what tOSU did) seems to me we should have changed it up, or just gotten better players snapping the ball (cough cough Pelini cough cough) to where it wasnt a problem. OH well. Good riddance to the keystone cop coaches we had.

Water under the bridge. We just need to remember it next time we play the Spartans.

Makes Narduzzi and Mark D look like liars & A-holes and BO like an idiot. Oh well, hope that there was a lesson learned here.

_57c8a1a431a592af806925e57258202f.png

Reactions: NorthWillRiseAgain
What worries me is the lack of action by the qb to take it into his own hands to fix it on the field in the moment. Ill use a movie reference. In Remember the Titans the qb, sunshine, told his lineman to let the defensive guy thru and then flipped him over his back, knocking the shit out of him. He took it in his own hands. All I remember from the game is our qb crying about it. We need the right guy with the right leadership leading the team on the field.

Originally posted by rowdy roddy piper:
What worries me is the lack of action by the qb to take it into his own hands to fix it on the field in the moment. Ill use a movie reference. In Remember the Titans the qb, sunshine, told his lineman to let the defensive guy thru and then flipped him over his back, knocking the shit out of him. He took it in his own hands. All I remember from the game is our qb crying about it. We need the right guy with the right leadership leading the team on the field.
I can't tell if you are being sarcastic.

The problem with Nebraska clapping is the ball was always snapped after the first clap. Watch Ohio St do it and they often will clap several times forcing the defense to stay honest.

The clap situation is comparable to a team who always snaps the ball on "one" and never mixes it up. I think we can expect to never see that happen again.

Originally posted by huskerhomie:

Originally posted by kaz36:
CLAP!!!![/URL]
lol funny how that stuff never hurts Urban at tOSU when we stole that clap from them in the first place.

Our coaches knew that MSU clapped to change some of their D calls, yet they did not have the brain power to actually think to change the way we snap the ball going into the game with them, nor did they change it up even during the game when it "seemed" like it disrupted one of our snaps. The brainpower of our former coaches was just simply bad. Kind of the reason why our HC is now coaching D1AA and our assistants have taken jobs a lower level schools....sums it up perfectly.

But MSU did use the clapping to move their guys on D and they had been doing it for years, we had just adopted clapping to snap the ball like the year previous (after we copied what tOSU did) seems to me we should have changed it up, or just gotten better players snapping the ball (cough cough Pelini cough cough) to where it wasnt a problem. OH well. Good riddance to the keystone cop coaches we had.
we were clapping before urban was even the coach at osu

Originally posted by NebRGR5634:
This is 100% on the officials. The defense cannot simulate a snap count. The offials were a joke for not enforcing the rule.
Best to move on. This whole situation is twisted to give another reason to bag on Bo. The MSU guy admits to cheating...best to leave it at.

I wouldn't call tOSU or Texas as lower level jobs which is where OC Tim Beck ended up

I wouldn't call tOSU or Texas as lower level jobs which is where OC Tim Beck ended up
He’s so well networked with Texas high schools. That’s why he gets hired. Not for his crap playcalling.

Start with your old Playboys and we'll see where that thread goes...

Were women even good looking back then?

I guess we used to have good looking women in Nebraska back in the 90s.

Since they started the star rankings, we found out we only have a couple 4 stars, a few 3 stars, and mostly 2 star women.

Now we found out that we have to go out of state to find hot women.

Thank God for Playboys.com so I can still see beautiful women!

ADVERTISEMENT