Move them goal post yet again....

cavalot

Head Coach
Gold Member
Oct 3, 2003

You mean they continue to learn more about the spread of the disease? Shocking.

On a side note, as a teacher we have been informed that we should have students 3.5 ft apart and they should not be near anyone in particular for more than 15 minutes total during any given day.

The idea of going back to school with full classrooms is lunacy. It won't work. Georgia is seeing this now.

That being said. I do believe that we should be opening up with Social Distancing being priority 1 and masks a distant 2nd. And Im talking sports and everything.

mdebner

Junior
Gold Member
Sep 12, 2004
OP isn’t wrong. If you want to simply break news saying it spreads more than six feet why start the article off mentioning teachers and schools. To say they don’t have an agenda is naive.

Red_Hack

Assistant Head Coach
Dec 20, 2005
Reactions: nelsonj22

Frostradamus

Sophomore
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2014

On a side note, as a teacher we have been informed that we should have students 3.5 ft apart and they should not be near anyone in particular for more than 15 minutes total during any given day.

The idea of going back to school with full classrooms is lunacy. It won't work. Georgia is seeing this now.

That being said. I do believe that we should be opening up with Social Distancing being priority 1 and masks a distant 2nd. And Im talking sports and everything.
I'm not a doctor but IMO, the benefits from opening schools far outweigh the risks. Thanks for teaching kids and doing your part to do so responsibly. We should use masks and social distance as much as possible while protecting the elderly and most vulnerable.

HuskerCK

Assistant Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 27, 2011
Wow. Man was not born with complete knowledge of a new virus unseen on the face of the earth before.
Shocking.

I think there are two words in the basic definition of science that escapes you.
- systematic knowledge of the physical or material world gained through observation and experimentation.

Missing the point yet again Red!! This "new scientific information" has been reported multiple times since March. Almost same exact story. But it's all about placement and timing. Helps drive the fear, which is what the press is about. Look at both articles I posted....

Red_Hack

Assistant Head Coach
Dec 20, 2005
Missing the point yet again Red!! This "new scientific information" has been reported multiple times since March. Almost same exact story. But it's all about placement and timing. Helps drive the fear, which is what the press is about. Look at both articles I posted....
To you, it coincides with the timing of a political nature.

But I am afraid the scientist and doctors do not care about timing. Nor does the virus. And most important, this is a worldwide scientific effort, that could not give two shvts about your politics, US politics, or the optics of their actions.

You really think the world, all 7 billion people give a rats a$$ about your political views to go out of their way to sabotage you and your cohorts.
Just a bit pretentious and vapid of you.

daddy mack

Junior
Gold Member
Jan 19, 2002
Omaha, NE
https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/coronavirus-study-six-feet-spread-restaurants-reopen/

Here's virtually the same article from May (as business started to re-open). Are we seeing a trend yet??????????
Yea read this in may . Left is now just regurgitating story’s to continue the lockdown of our economy. This will continue through the election cycle. The EKG fraud storyline from the last news cycle was another attempt by leftest that was vetted and caught. Yet the Big 10 used as an excuse to pull the plug. Very curious ??

Reactions: HuskerCK

Bogart.is.a.Husker

Silver Member
Aug 12, 2020
It must be really hard for certain posters like OP to go through life always looking at everything through a tin foil lens.

Cash68847

Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2017
Yea. I remember seeing multiple stories from the start it could easily spread more than 6 feet.

TheBigMick

Walk On
Gold Member
Dec 19, 2004

You just want to work from home lol, totally kidding. Thank you for teaching our youth.

Reactions: cavalot

tampa husker

Defensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Nov 5, 2001
Horrible argument. Nobody wants to continue like this, it’s miserable.
Which is why it’s obvious that a certain political party wants you to continue to live like this so people will be miserable, financially ruined, and scared up until election day.

Dems can’t afford for a vaccine or a cure to work and for Trump to declare an American victory over the virus

damcde

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 22, 2007

HuskerCK

Assistant Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 27, 2011
TBF, scientists have been saying that it is likely spread via airborne droplets for quite a while now, Airborne droplets go much further than respiratory droplets. There even was a letter written in the beginning of June by over 200 scientists that was basically forcing WHO to acknowledge it.

And yet they (media) keep regurgitating the same info in news form every other month....or when something significant is about to happen. ie......restaurant and bars opening in May, schools opening up in August. Oogity boogity!

whitelightning_8

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 10, 2012
What would have been the non-suspicious and more convenient date for the update? Also, are you going to start a new thread for the next update, or just bump this one?

HuskerCK

Assistant Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 27, 2011
What would have been the non-suspicious and more convenient date for the update? Also, are you going to start a new thread for the next update, or just bump this one?

Read my response directly above your response.

damcde

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 22, 2007
And yet they (media) keep regurgitating the same info in news form every other month....or when something significant is about to happen. ie......restaurant and bars opening in May, schools opening up in August. Oogity boogity!

Prolly because it continues to be true and is relevant to having a bunch of kids sit in a room that is six feet apart with no masks like some schools are doing. Or relevant to restaurants or bars who are going to have people sit down and eat for an hour with no masks.

HuskerCK

Assistant Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 27, 2011
Prolly because it continues to be true and is relevant to having a bunch of kids sit in a room that is six feet apart with no masks like some schools are doing. Or relevant to restaurants or bars who are going to have people sit down and eat for an hour with no masks.

To steal a phrase from a fellow H.O. brethren........"k".

HuskerDocCO

Nebraska Legend
Dec 3, 2014
Yikes

Latest posts