ADVERTISEMENT

Most under-appreciated player?

For me it would be Rahmir Johnson at RB. I sell him a bit short because of his size, but he’s been consistent carrying the ball and being a pass threat out of the backfield. Yeah he gets tacked fairly easily, though he’s easily the most consistent back in the Frost era.
If he can improve half as much from 21 to 22 as he did from 20 to 21, look out. As small as he is, he still understands pass blocking better than anyone else @ RB. You don’t have to be the biggest dude, you’ve just got to disrupt the rush enough. Sometimes that’s just simply taking the rusher out of his angle. Sometimes it’s just getting in his way, regardless if you take the punishment. RJ does those things really well and I have no doubt he ends up in the NFL. Even if it’s only being a 3rd down back and special teams player.

Last edited:
I think Reimer is still pretty under-appreciated

same with Heinrich

those guys are really good players

so is Chancellor Brewington. I'm excited to see if he can get a little more run this year.

Reactions: BleedRed78

same with Heinrich

so is Chancellor Brewington. I'm excited to see if he can get a little more run this year.
Isn’t Brewington out for the season?

• Wow
Reactions: king_kong_
In hindsight, Rahmir Johnson would have been the most underappreciated player going into last season. I thought he was a kick returner and not a regular rotation player, and he clearly was our top RB last year. This year I think he's appreciated by most fans.
As for this year's prediction, I'd say Trent Hixson. Senior leader on the offensive line. Starting experience. I think many are underestimating him.

He was injured for spring, but based on a little of his podcast talk I heard, I don’t have the impression he’ll miss fall.
While noticeably shorter than the rest of the TE room, he’s filled out some, which could help him get more snaps.
Hope so. That guy runs around and kills people every play he’s in.

I'm gonna offer up Cortney Grixby, 04-07.

The man was seemingly undersized and slow. In early years he earned his boos. He routinely got beat and was picked on by many a passer.

Eventually, he used his great athleticism and competitiveness to make up for his lack of size. He really became great by the time he left.

Any lesser athlete would have left. This man no doubt hit the weights and got faster. No doubt he elevated his strengths and trained his ass off. Every year he got better. He proved it to us.

Last edited:
Reactions: huntered

The man was seemingly undersized and slow. In early years he earned his boos. He routinely got beat and was picked on by many a passer.

Eventually, he used his great athleticism and competitiveness to make up for his lack of size. He really became great by the time he left.

Any lesser athlete would have left. This man no doubt hit the weights and got faster. No doubt he elevated his strengths and trained his ass off. Every year he got better. He proved it to us.
I did not remember Cortney Grixby being particularly slow. I remember when we played OU (2005?) and Adrian Peterson broke a long run, Grixby somehow chased AD down and took his legs out on the play.

I'll throw Brody Belt's name into the discussion. A walk-on. Can play outside, slot or motion him to the backfield and hand him the ball. Good special teams player. I think the reason he plays is because he's smart and reliable-- think New England Patriots instead of Last Chance U.

LFG!!

I want to see this dude handing out concussions like they're Halloween candy

I’ve been excited to see him also, and had previously noticed his bulked up frame. He’s short for a TE and also got owned by Omar on that practice drill video posted today, but those are just random notes.
Hope he can help solidify the TE room.

they should make a film with 4 years results/highlites of cortney, show it to all new players and tell them this is what is expected at nebraska. know there are many others but always think about he just got better and better from year to year and smile to myself

Reactions: HuskerHusaria

same with Heinrich

I'm a big fan of Heinrich. But he's back to missing a lot of tackles.

For me it would be Rahmir Johnson at RB. I sell him a bit short because of his size, but he’s been consistent carrying the ball and being a pass threat out of the backfield. Yeah he gets tacked fairly easily, though he’s easily the most consistent back in the Frost era.
I have watching a lot of Broc Bando. I think he is doing a good job.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT