• Jim Harbaugh

Votes: 54 47.8%
  • Kirk Ferentz

Votes: 40 35.4%
  • Some other dude

Votes: 19 16.8%

• Total voters
Ferentz and Harbaugh? Explain.

Harbaugh makes $8 Million a year. Is the 3rd highest paid coach in the land and is paid more than the guy he can't beat in Meyer. In his 3 years at Michigan they are 28-11 and have failed to defeat a single ranked team above them, and has never won a game as an underdog while losing 3 as a favorite.

Ferentz has logged 20 years at Iowa and doesn't have a single Conference Championship he can call his own. In 2002, they were co-champs while going undefeated in conference while Ohio State won the Natty and they got spanked in the Orange Bowl. In 2004, they were co-champs while Michigan was the BCS rep for the conference. He is 143-97 in his career at Iowa while being 86-68 in B10 play. Only 3 guys in the conference are paid more, and 2 have a true conference championship.

Can I get a link to their official ratings first before I decide who is overrated and who is not?

Harbaugh makes $8 Million a year. Is the 3rd highest paid coach in the land and is paid more than the guy he can't beat in Meyer. In his 3 years at Michigan they are 28-11 and have failed to defeat a single ranked team above them, and has never won a game as an underdog while losing 3 as a favorite.

Ferentz has logged 20 years at Iowa and doesn't have a single Conference Championship he can call his own. In 2002, they were co-champs while going undefeated in conference while Ohio State won the Natty and they got spanked in the Orange Bowl. In 2004, they were co-champs while Michigan was the BCS rep for the conference. He is 143-97 in his career at Iowa while being 86-68 in B10 play. Only 3 guys in the conference are paid more, and 2 have a true conference championship.

And Ferentz has five top ten finishes in the last 16 seasons. But he sucks.

Reactions: micadee1

Not a shit coach, but not a big winner, and likely never will be.

He always fields tough-nosed teams that love to compete. I doff my cap to that. Problem is, he simply doesn't get enough talent to compete at an elite level.

I guess I'd go with Harbaugh, but I think he's a really good coach. Ferentz is doing about as well as can be expected long term at Iowa. It's a good program, but it doesn't have the tradition or commitment to be a perennial power. He does a good job developing players, the Hawkeyes typically get better as the season progresses, etc. They're kind of like Iowa State when they have a good coach.

Iowa is satisfied to have a decent record but don't want to be good enough to offend someone. If they are happy with that they hckf is their guy.

And Harbaugh has 28 wins in 3 years and took his 49'rs to the Super bowl in his 2nd year but yea he is over rated. lets see Frost win 28 games in first 3 years at Nebraska.

And Harbaugh has 28 wins in 3 years and took his 49'rs to the Super bowl in his 2nd year but yea he is over rated. lets see Frost win 28 games in first 3 years at Nebraska.

Good challenge......I bet he hacks that. Harbaugh is a damn good HC to be sure. But so is Frost.

We'll see!

That is nice, but Tom Osborne had SEVENTEEN top 10 finishes with EIGHT of them being top 5 finishes and THREE being number 1 with two outright national championships and one shared.

That is our standard set from our best coach and you have your standard from your best coach. Kirk needs to pick up the pace in his next 4 years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT