ADVERTISEMENT

Most embarrassing blue blood this year?

Riled Up

Walk On
Oct 13, 2019
Texas: just got smoked by Arkansas. Not the worst loss in the world, but a horrible look for a team that just joined the SEC.

Florida State: losing to Jacksonville State is never a good look. Plus they’ve been down in the dumps since Jameis Winston Left.

Miami: 1-1 and barely outlasted App State. Got smoked in their matchup vs Alabama. Reminds me a lot of Nebraska under Bo, pretty good but not good enough.

Nebraska: bad loss to Illinois but looking decent since then. But also getting caught cheating is a bad look.

idk maybe I’m just trying to salvage dignity but I don’t think we’re the worst on this list.

Yeah, the Hogs kicked butt. Not sure if they were seriously under the radar or if the Horns were just seriously overrated. Ducks look like they will really make some noise this year.

Reactions: zrob and BleedRed78
Yeah, the Hogs kicked butt. Not sure if they were seriously under the radar or if the Horns were just seriously overrated. Ducks look like they will really make some noise this year.
Probably some of both. Arkansas qb and their overall offense looked quite impressive.

Texas: just got smoked by Arkansas. Not the worst loss in the world, but a horrible look for a team that just joined the SEC.

Florida State: losing to Jacksonville State is never a good look. Plus they’ve been down in the dumps since Jameis Winston Left.

Miami: 1-1 and barely outlasted App State. Got smoked in their matchup vs Alabama. Reminds me a lot of Nebraska under Bo, pretty good but not good enough.

Nebraska: bad loss to Illinois but looking decent since then. But also getting caught cheating is a bad look.

idk maybe I’m just trying to salvage dignity but I don’t think we’re the worst on this list.
Frost as a 4 year coach vs 1-2 year coaches…and it’s still debatable if Nebraska has the most embarrassing loss.

Maybe but didn't Fresno St give Oregon all they could handle? Plus Minn played OSU pretty tough.
minny without Ibraham (sp?) will be something to watch. some commentators have stated he was one of the best if not thee best rb in college football. tough to lose a player of that caliber. minny will still be tough, however, i don't think they contend for the West now.

Reactions: BleedRed78

That Illinois loss is going to look worse as the season progresses.

Texas or FSU had the worst optics. Hard to say which was worse. I do know that every team in the Big 12 & SEC is laughing mightily at Texas. And maybe even one certain team in the B1G is laughing at them too....

Texas is in for an extremely RUDE awakening when they join the $EC.

Reactions: gw2kpro
Yale has to be in the conversation for most disappointing blue bloods. Haven’t heard much from them.
Hawk fan apparently jealous of Yale now. And why not? Yale has some actual accomplishments on the football field.

"We once had a coach that never really won anything but ended up with a large coaching tree" is cool but not really an accomplishment.

The worse look will be to retain a coach with 4 straight losing seasons. None of the big-name brands would put up with that.

People need to take the "He is a former player, Nebraska guy" emotions out of it. Being a head football coach is a results-oriented profession and when you don't win you get fired.

Iowa. You don’t have to like it but it’s hard to imagine a better start to their season.
But do they look good? I would say defensively they look outstanding, but they have 476 yards of total offense in 2 games, 238 yards per game. 7 total TDs and only 4 were scored by offensive players, and I think 1 or 2 of those were short field after turnovers.

They need to get better offensively. Somebody, probably not a Big Ten West team, will have an offense that will score points.

Yale has to be in the conversation for most disappointing blue bloods. Haven’t heard much from them.
Considering that they weren't even able to practice last year and that some guys worthy of a scholarship elsewhere last year transferred, Ivy League sports are a totally different animal than what we know. Harvard lost some of their best basketball players to really good basketball schools last year as well due to their season being cancelled. They were guys who went to Harvard for free because they were first generation minority college students. Yale has a similar policy. When sports dried up some of them took scholarships to other schools.

But do they look good? I would say defensively they look outstanding, but they have 476 yards of total offense in 2 games, 238 yards per game. 7 total TDs and only 4 were scored by offensive players, and I think 1 or 2 of those were short field after turnovers.

They need to get better offensively. Somebody, probably not a Big Ten West team, will have an offense that will score points.
Agreed, but that's kinda Iowa being Iowa. I'm sure they'll lose to someone they shouldn't, like usual.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo

They’ve all won conf championships in the past 2 decades. Let that sink in. There’s one who hasn’t.

Reactions: JMP9940
I can agree with that, typically Iowa can run the ball a little better than they have, but overall, yes Iowa being Iowa.

I just don't agree that they look good like Alabama and Georgia look good.

The Hawks are going to have to get a helluva lot better on offense to have a shot at having a really good year vs a typical Iowa year, For me the bright spot is Iowa has beaten two pretty good teams right out of the gate and with history as our guide K.F’s teams generally are pretty slow out of the gate and continue to improve as the year progresses.
Iowa is not on the same level as Bama or Georgia, The disparity in talent is huge.

The Hawks are going to have to get a helluva lot better on offense to have a shot at having a really good year vs a typical Iowa year, For me the bright spot is Iowa has beaten two pretty good teams right out of the gate and with history as our guide K.F’s teams generally are pretty slow out of the gate and continue to improve as the year progresses.
Iowa is not on the same level as Bama or Georgia, The disparity in talent is huge.
Iowa has beat two really good teams out of the gate based on preseason ranking only and with zero offense. I will be curious to see where Indiana and Iowa St both finish, although I do think they are good wins. Iowa always has a solid D and are going to make things happen on that side of the football, but it will be interesting to see what happens when they play someone and don't get the turnovers. Their Offense is god awful and I'll be waiting to see how they do without being given a gift of 14-21 points.

Iowa's definitely gotten a few lucky turnovers during their games and been lucky enough to play 2 wildly overrated teams to start the season
I wonder what your comments (or any Nebraska fan) would be if Nebraska had beaten a ranked Indiana and Iowa St to start the year 2 - 0.

"We can only play the teams on the schedule."
"2-0 is 2-0 but defeating two ranked opponents doesn't get any better."
"We're back!"
"Lucky? It's part of the game."
"Losing to Iowa six times in a row is a fluke. Have you seen the Eric Crouch video?"

A bunch of hypocrites.

• Love
Reactions: BC Hawk
I wonder what your comments (or any Nebraska fan) would be if Nebraska had beaten a ranked Indiana and Iowa St to start the year 2 - 0.

"We can only play the teams on the schedule."
"2-0 is 2-0 but defeating two ranked opponents doesn't get any better."
"We're back!"
"Lucky? It's part of the game."
"Losing to Iowa six times in a row is a fluke. Have you seen the Eric Crouch video?"

A bunch of hypocrites.
Literally the same, had we been as lucky as iowa

ADVERTISEMENT