ADVERTISEMENT

Morning Trivia!!!

MAG

Assistant Head Coach
May 29, 2001
When was the last time a 11-0 team visited Lincoln to play the Huskers?

Hmmm Oklahoma 87?
OU in '87 is correct! Good job syrup. OU also in '74 and in '78. Can't think of anyone else. BTW, that '87 game was billed as "The Game of the Century Part II" as Nebraska was also undefeated going into the game. A game in which Nebraska ultimately lost.

Thanks for playing.

Reactions: maplesyrup95
Mitch ShermanESPN Staff Writer
If Iowa wins Saturday at home against Purdue, it will be the first 11-0 visitor ever to play in Lincoln next week. In fact, Nebraska has played just one team with 10 wins at home, losing to 1987 Oklahoma.

I was going off Shermans article.

Hmmm. No kidding. I was looking at records from past seasons. I guess what I was looking at was the final record after the season was over, including the bowl game, not the overall record coming into the Nebraska game.

My bad.

Hmmm. No kidding. I was looking at records from past seasons. I guess what I was looking at was the final record after the season was over, including the bowl game, not the overall record coming into the Nebraska game.

My bad.

It does seem weird that Iowa is the only team to do this and that not very many teams have visited Lincoln in November undefeated.

It does seem weird that Iowa is the only team to do this and that not very many teams have visited Lincoln in November undefeated.
But for decades teams only played 10, and then later 11, regular season games. So nobody visited anywhere with an 11-0 record, unless it was a bowl venue.

And if they had a 12th game it was usually in Hawaii, after their conference games were over.

Reactions: donahues17
ADVERTISEMENT