ADVERTISEMENT

Morning Trivia!!!

MAG

Assistant Head Coach
May 29, 2001
Who is the all-time leading scorer in NCAA Tourney history with 407 career points?

Christian Laettner is correct! Good job sparky...

saw this last night watching that 30 for 30 docu-film featuring Laettner. Very good film. Thanks for playing along.

Re: Christian Laettner is correct! Good job sparky...

I meant to watch that 30 for 30 last night and forgot. What was everyone's opinion of it?

Originally posted by huskerbux:
hmmm. Thinking its gotta be from UCLA during their run so Kareem?
Much smaller NCAA field back then, and freshmen weren't eligible. So Kareem had only three years and a lot fewer rounds of tournament play.

Re: Christian Laettner is correct! Good job sparky...

Originally posted by litespeedhuskerfan:

I meant to watch that 30 for 30 last night and forgot. What was everyone's opinion of it?
I thought it was pretty good. Shown a light on Laettner I didn't know of. I knew he was a great player but I didn't know he was kind of a dirty player. They highlighted that classic game with Kentucky when Laettner hit the game winner. Earlier in that game, Laettner foot stomped a UK player on the chest while the player was lying on the floor. Laettner got 'T'-ed up but was not thrown out of the game. Which many of the people in the film thought he should have. Great game and a well done film.

Originally posted by schuele:

Much smaller NCAA field back then, and freshmen weren't eligible. So Kareem had only three years and a lot fewer rounds of tournament play.
And the NCAA made dunking illegal as a way to hinder Kareem.

Originally posted by schuele:

Yep. Very good points. BTW, Abdul-Jabbar was know as Alcindor back then. You probably knew that.

ADVERTISEMENT