ADVERTISEMENT

Morning Trivia!!!

MAG

Assistant Head Coach
May 29, 2001
Who did the Huskers play the last time they played in the old original Orange Bowl stadium?

Tennessee?
Nope. That game was played in the same stadium were the OB is played now. Joe Robbie stadium or Pro Player Park or something. Same building were the Dolphins play.

Yep. The Canes after the '94 season. 26 YEARS AGO!! My oh my. Anyway, good job. BTW, the old original Orange Bowl stadium is long gone. I think it's a parking lot.
Even if the place was a dump (it was), I was sad to see it go.

Reactions: huskerfan66
Even if the place was a dump (it was), I was sad to see it go.
Yeah, a lot of football memories in that stadium both college and pro. I heard/read that the old Orange Bowl was in a really bad neighborhood. Poverty, crime. Uncared for homes. That sort of thing. Sad.

As I understand it, it wasn't just the stadium, it was the surrounding area that was a total freaking dump?? I did a lot of hurricane work in FL many years back and remember some parts of Florida I couldn't tell the hurricane damage, from the old damage, and somebody told me we were pretty close to the Orange Bowl, the old one.

Last edited:
Yep. The Canes after the '94 season. 26 YEARS AGO!! My oh my. Anyway, good job. BTW, the old original Orange Bowl stadium is long gone. I think it's a parking lot.
IIRC they went to the newer Dolphins' stadium for a few years, then returned to the OB for a year around 2000, and back to the Dolphins' place and have been there ever since.

As I understand it, it wasn't just the stadium, it was the surrounding area that was a total freaking dump?? I did a lot of hurricane work in FL many years back and remember some parts of Florida I couldn't tell the hurricane damage, from the old damage, and somebody told me we were pretty close to the Orange Bowl, the old one.

That was what I said after the Council Bluffs tornado in 1988.

ADVERTISEMENT